User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Default Am I the only Sx-dom....

...that when he finds someone that he connects with very strongly, that he finds very interesting, and then when he loses that connection...he feels like a drug addict who needs his fix?

Gah, this is tormenting!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Nope

I found though that once I traced back the pattern, I could predict and control it, as well as enjoy the bittersweet longing - could be my 4 talking though

If you wanna kick the habit, sweat it out for 2-3 weeks by having no contact and doing other stuff. After that, you're still vulnerable, but you'll no longer be jonesing. Just...dont get drawn back in again - unless you re ready for round two
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope
    Ah good. I was seriously starting to wonder if something was wrong with me

I found though that once I traced back the pattern, I could predict and control it, as well as enjoy the bittersweet longing - could be my 4 talking though
    As tormenting as it is...it's also incredibly compelling. To feel so passionate about someone, to relish and enjoy something so profoundly. It's...wonderful

But yes, I can control it as well...it's just hard too is all I feel restless and my mind won't stop thinking about it.

I wonder if Sx-doms are FAR more prone to obsessive personalities than other types?

If you wanna kick the habit, sweat it out for 2-3 weeks by having no contact and doing other stuff. After that, you're still vulnerable, but you'll no longer be jonesing. Just...dont get drawn back in again - unless you re ready for round two
    Hmm.... I'm not interested in losing contact with this person. That would feel like a failure of sorts.

No...I see this as a challenge of sorts, as something I need to master. Besides, so long as I keep moving like a shark, the pain is not only bearable but almost desirable....like a fire that won't burn out, it's a source of a powerful amount of energy
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

And another junkie bites to dust.

Ahhh, sweet but cruel muse of Infatuation, how I loathe thee one second only to long for your sweet embrace the next :wubbie.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

And another junkie bites to dust.
    Hey now...don't give up on me yet

Ahhh, sweet but cruel muse of Infatuation, how I loathe thee one second only to long for your sweet embrace the next
    I do love it so...as much as I know I shouldn't...
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Stansmith

I've experienced this recently...although I'm Sx-second. I experience this with almost every aspect of my life, really.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm SX second and have experienced this.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

LadyLazarus

....no.

I kind of love the intensity it brings over us both but at the same time I feel scared about how much power over me I'm giving that person(I think that's probably my Sp second talking).Although,in the end it's worth it just for the intensity fix,I suppose you could say I'm a shameless drug addict in that respect.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

This is the story of my life, lol. And I'm not even sure if I'm SX primary or secondary.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm darkside so/sx (aka so/sx with strong sx) and I know what you're talking about. Once you experience that connection with someone, you're on cloud nine. But then if the person of interest feels differently, distance builds between you and you feel like that was the only person meant for you and you somehow screwed it up.

Unrelated, although maybe to my 6 wing or maybe sx types feel this way. Probably the 6, but when I'm in a relationship - no, even when I'm just dating someone I have a constant fear of screwing things up for myself. Because I know how easy it is for me to blow away my own chances for things that I fear that one wrong move will send our future together to hell (even though I also hate when things go 100% smoothly; I like a little edges to work around and some push-and-pull). So I end up trying to cover my own ass more than usual. I probably got this habit because when I started going out with my first boyfriend, after he said yes he said he wanted to keep it on the down low and meanwhile I had been group-texting all of my friends while he was thinking of saying yes or no to my confession. Then he immediately found out because my friend added him to the chat after I told them he said yes and she was like "COME HERE YOU TWO" and he was like wtf and then I got so upset and worried that I basically blew my chances at ever having a relationship with him. I mean I always act like myself regardless of who I'm with I just get more neurotic and paranoid when I'm dating someone. Like Gigi from He's Just Not That Into You.

So yeah, I can get a little obsessive over the person of my attraction. Although they're probably unaware of it, since it's usually just going on mentally.

Hang in there, tink!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so