User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Is this Sp-last or Unhealthy Sp-dom?

I realized earlier today that I have only a marginal interest in Sp-related issues and I get a bit annoyed when I absolutely must address them, whether it's needing to eat or drink when I'm hungry or thirsty, needing to take a shower after several days, constantly forgetting to pay bills or pump gas, or endlessly putting off repairs on my car in favor of other purchases (namely used books). Other things/people/experiences are simply more interesting to me than my own personal care.

Is this a sign of being Sp-last or an unhealthy Sp-dom? I don't feel particularly unhealthy, but what do you think?
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I don't understand & I'm curious, why did you think of the sp-dom possibility?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I read that when Sp-doms go unhealthy, all of their usual concern for Sp-related things like money, health, personal hygiene, etc. deteriorates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I realized earlier today that I have only a marginal interest in Sp-related issues and I get a bit annoyed when I absolutely must address them, whether it's needing to eat or drink when I'm hungry or thirsty, needing to take a shower after several days, constantly forgetting to pay bills or pump gas, or endlessly putting off repairs on my car in favor of other purchases (namely used books). Other things/people/experiences are simply more interesting to me than my own personal care.

Is this a sign of being Sp-last or an unhealthy Sp-dom? I don't feel particularly unhealthy, but what do you think?
    That sounds more heavy Sx than anything. That's how I get when I'm turned on…by a conversation, piece of music, woman, whatever.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I read that when Sp-doms go unhealthy, all of their usual concern for Sp-related things like money, health, personal hygiene, etc. deteriorates.
    hmm okay but you say you're not too unhealthy
    I'll go guess Sx-dom for you

Speaking as an sp-dom who's gone unhealthy on occasion, it's not that my concern for sp-related things deteriorates, as such. It's more that I get mad at being controlled by them and decide to throw caution to the winds and deliberately engage in self-destructive behavior. When I'm feeling low, I can count on self-destructive behavior to give me a high.

On a day to day basis, though, keeping track of those things is no big deal. I don't notice them, nor does getting them done play a big role in my existence. They're just life, you know? So I just do it most of the time ... and skip occasionally when I don't feel like it and it won't impact me too much. It's no big deal. sp-primary neurosis is more existential than mere anxiety about practical matters.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Speaking as an sp-dom who's gone unhealthy on occasion, it's not that my concern for sp-related things deteriorates, as such. It's more that I get mad at being controlled by them and decide to throw caution to the winds and deliberately engage in self-destructive behavior. When I'm feeling low, I can count on self-destructive behavior to give me a high.

On a day to day basis, though, keeping track of those things is no big deal. I don't notice them, nor does getting them done play a big role in my existence. They're just life, you know? So I just do it most of the time ... and skip occasionally when I don't feel like it and it won't impact me too much. It's no big deal. sp-primary neurosis is more existential than mere anxiety about practical matters.
    Can you talk about this existential sp-dom neurosis? I'm trying to check out if I'm sp-dom or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think that happens with me too. In the past I've deliberately gorged on unhealthy foods and splurged on stuff seemingly to spite my usual restraint/moderation in those areas.
    Last edited by Cloud of Thunder; 01-31-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Can you talk about this existential sp-dom neurosis? I'm trying to check out if I'm sp-dom or not.
    For me, it's an overwhelming absorption with the self and its survival and a keenly involved sensitivity to threats and violations of personal space (verging on hypersensitivity). I evaluate areas of doubt in terms of how the outcomes will affect my self. Will this be good for me? Will it bring pleasure or pain? What are the risks? Does it require me to surrender control over some part of the self? Is this encroaching my boundaries? How big of an encroachment is it? How much do I care that my boundaries are being encroached or do I want it? How am I?

I should make it clear that I don't constantly or consciously think these things all the time because everyday life doesn't require it of me. I've figured worked out how to live life in a manner that's comfortable for me and doesn't require much effort to keep it up. In fact, worrying about whether or not my lifestyle was okay and spending too much time trying to get it right would also hamper my well being. Usually, I don't bother. I'm neither a control freak nor a total slob about things like food, sleep, comfort, hygiene, blah blah. Little aberrations are fine in my experience as long as there are no sustained poor habits.

It's only when there are new things or events in my life that potentially threaten my well being or my sense of self that I become really conscious of the sp-drive. My reactions to threat go through the roof at times like these.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I think that happens with me too. In the past I've deliberately gorged on unhealthy foods and splurged on stuff seemingly to spite my usual restraint/moderation in those area.
    Hmm well maybe I'm sp-dom then? Though I don't start on eating binges...

For me, it's an overwhelming absorption with the self and its survival and a keenly involved sensitivity to threats (verging on hypersensitivity). I evaluate areas of doubt in terms of how the outcomes will affect my self. Will this be good for me? Will it bring pleasure or pain? What are the risks? Does it require me to surrender control over some part of the self? Is this encroaching my boundaries? How big of an encroachment is it? How much do I care that my boundaries are being encroached or do I want it? How am I?

I should make it clear that I don't constantly or consciously think these things all the time because everyday life doesn't require it of me. I've figured worked out how to live life in a manner that's comfortable for me and it doesn't require much effort to keep it up. In fact, worrying about whether or not my lifestyle was okay and spending too much time trying to get it right would also hamper my well being. Usually, I don't bother. I'm neither a control freak nor a total slob about things like food, sleep, comfort, hygiene, blah blah. Little aberrations are fine in my experience as long as there are no sustained poor habits.

It's only when there are new things or events in my life that potentially threaten my well being or my sense of self that I become really conscious of the sp-drive. My reactions to threat go through the roof at times like these.
    Interesting what you say about healthy sp-dom not bothering to overfocus on sp matters. I thought I didn't have strong sp instinct because I don't focus all that much on it. It's also the only instinct that never seems to cause real trouble. Sx and so(cial) instincts don't seem as simple to me as sp, in terms of that.

Do you think that may actually mean I'm sp-dom?