First 234

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yeah I actually read that somewhere that your second instinct is the one that's not "screwy" and shit. That's also one of the reasons why I originally decided to go with sx/sp. :o Unless special examples I mentioned above count as something for Sp-last.
    I claimed so-last for a long time, but ultimately, my instinctual enmeshment with so matters is too much for that. Did not relate to anybody in discussions of so-last. The types I had thought I was, on a new inspection of materials on instincts, became the easiest to rule out.

Once those types were out, eliminating others was not so much by the instincts' fuckiness. All of of my possible instinctual hangups have their own hangups, lol. There is only one instinct, however, that I gravitate to as relief from hazards in the other two, and so does that job. So is more controlled than the others, but to think that it is my first priority or passion would be to skim over who I really am. Second is the only spot it makes sense in.

You're so different from me I like independence from the body needs too, just like you, but I can ignore them whenever I please.
    Oh, I can ignore them in my own way, and have a bad lifelong habit of overclocking them on passions and occupations until the machine explodes and has to be rebuilt again, so to speak. The ignoring is more conscious to me than many sp-lasts describe, though. Rather than forgetting or not feeling the need until the moment of burnout, I will be highly aware the whole time but say "fuck pain, I will feed my pain to [current focus]". There is a sacrificial quality to it that fuels the drive in spirit, like burning my material self on an altar in the name of the goal. I remember all the times, especially when young, where I did allow the body's sensitivities to soften my will and go "Not this time. Not for this."

I also push my limits because I feel morally compelled to toughen myself up (no super explanation available for this), but may overshoot. Over time, these overshots have become milder and milder, so I am getting a better sense of pace and getting it under control.
    I don't understand the part about how your healing head had you slow down on mental activities. Was it the pyhsical pain distracting you?
    Even a minor concussion is still a brain injury, which is what I had. A doctor will tell you to rest your mind.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I claimed so-last for a long time, but ultimately, my instinctual enmeshment with so matters is too much for that. Did not relate to anybody in discussions of so-last. The types I had thought I was, on a new inspection of materials on instincts, became the easiest to rule out.
    I see. Why did you think So-last originally?

Once those types were out, eliminating others was not so much by the instincts' fuckiness. All of of my possible instinctual hangups have their own hangups, lol. There is only one instinct, however, that I gravitate to as relief from hazards in the other two, and so does that job. So is more controlled than the others, but to think that it is my first priority or passion would be to skim over who I really am. Second is the only spot it makes sense in.
    Hmm to me Sp is the relief instinct. If I understand you right here. Can you elaborate on what you mean by using it as relief?

It's also the most controlled of all three for me.

Oh, I can ignore them in my own way, and have a bad lifelong habit of overclocking them on passions and occupations until the machine explodes and has to be rebuilt again, so to speak. The ignoring is more conscious to me than many sp-lasts describe, though. Rather than forgetting or not feeling the need until the moment of burnout, I will be highly aware the whole time but say "fuck pain, I will feed my pain to [current focus]". There is a sacrificial quality to it that fuels the drive in spirit, like burning my material self on an altar in the name of the goal. I remember all the times, especially when young, where I did allow the body's sensitivities to soften my will and go "Not this time. Not for this."

I also push my limits because I feel morally compelled to toughen myself up (no super explanation available for this), but may overshoot. Over time, these overshots have become milder and milder, so I am getting a better sense of pace and getting it under control.
    Ah I see, well when I ignore these things, it's truly ignored, I don't feel it. Well unless it's really intensely bad, then it can come to my consciousness here and there - I still have a good control over ignoring it - but I do tend to take care of things before it would get bad. I also got the feeling that you're in general more sensitive to body signals and we're different there too.

Even a minor concussion is still a brain injury, which is what I had. A doctor will tell you to rest your mind.
    OK, I'm not a doctor clearly, I was not told this sort of stuff before, either. Guess I would've been annoyed to be told such a thing, I relate to you in terms of wanting to have control.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@valaki, I thout so-last for reasons I have forgotten, but probably feeling a disconnect from group dynamics. Thing is, I had none at the time to interact with and tell by. And by a relief function, I mean going to play in that zone to escape or soothe stressors of instincts 1 and 3. A confidence booster that nonetheless does not really touch the core.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

@valaki, I thout so-last for reasons I have forgotten, but probably feeling a disconnect from group dynamics. Thing is, I had none at the time to interact with and tell by. And by a relief function, I mean going to play in that zone to escape or soothe stressors of instincts 1 and 3. A confidence booster that nonetheless does not really touch the core.
    I see. So when you did get to interact in a group you figured you weren't actually so disconnected?

Guess I understood you right on what "relief function" means

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    I see. So when you did get to interact in a group you figured you weren't actually so disconnected?

Guess I understood you right on what "relief function" means
    Unfortunately, I'm unable put adequate words to the effect any more than I have. Yes but no, not in a hard and lasting way.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Lately I've been feeling like an average Sp/Sx. I fluctuate between languid homebody and scattered wanderer.
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Unfortunately, I'm unable put adequate words to the effect any more than I have. Yes but no, not in a hard and lasting way.
    No worries!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm reconsidering So/Sx for you after reading this (still can't see you as an Sx dom)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I realized earlier today that I have only a marginal interest in Sp-related issues and I get a bit annoyed when I absolutely must address them, whether it's needing to eat or drink when I'm hungry or thirsty, needing to take a shower after several days, constantly forgetting to pay bills or pump gas, or endlessly putting off repairs on my car in favor of other purchases (namely used books). Other things/people/experiences are simply more interesting to me than my own personal care.

Is this a sign of being Sp-last or an unhealthy Sp-dom? I don't feel particularly unhealthy, but what do you think?
    Possibly sp second, but definitely not Sp first. You sound Sp last to me.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

-