User Tag List

View Poll Results: Your blood type? Does it match instinct?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • A yes

3 9.09%
  • A no

8 24.24%
  • B yes

5 15.15%
  • B no

2 6.06%
  • AB yes

2 6.06%
  • AB no

0 0%
  • O yes

6 18.18%
  • O no

7 21.21%
First 234

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

This is a load of horse shit (I tried looking up for some papers that supported this notion). The article even admits it by saying: "Whilst there is no scientific evidence to back up the blood type personality theory, it is still interesting and fun.". You can't get much more explicit than that. Sure, it's fun to think of, but I am not as tolerant of things that try to masqurade as hard science since this is biology based.

LadyLazarus

I'm an O so this holds true for me,but I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I seriously doubt there's any correlation.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I do however believe there is some sense in the theories about Eating for Your Blood Type.
    This has been discredited several times over. It's not based on any sort of science.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

O+ sp/sx
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    But I have a question, could you donate blood and have some to store if you were to need it you could have a supply? Unless it doesn't work that way
    You can do this but only in the short term.
    When my Mom got a full hysterectomy she donated a pint of her blood every 4 - 6 weeks for storage at the hospital, and marked for her use only.
    She is AB- and she needed the blood, and was glad to have had the forethought to save herself rather than rely on gambling with the hospital/blood bank's availability.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Here are some interesting statistics that list the compatibility of blood donation between different blood types, as we well as a chart that shows the prevalence of each blood type among various groups of people...

FROM: http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-a...od/blood-types

BLOOD TYPES

Although all blood is made of the same basic elements, not all blood is alike. In fact, there are eight different common blood types, which are determined by the presence or absence of certain antigens – substances that can trigger an immune response if they are foreign to the body. Since some antigens can trigger a patient's immune system to attack the transfused blood, safe blood transfusions depend on careful blood typing and cross-matching.

The ABO Blood Group System

There are four major blood groups determined by the presence or absence of two antigens – A and B – on the surface of red blood cells:

•Group A – has only the A antigen on red cells (and B antibody in the plasma)
    •Group B – has only the B antigen on red cells (and A antibody in the plasma)
    •Group AB – has both A and B antigens on red cells (but neither A nor B antibody in the plasma)
    •Group O – has neither A nor B antigens on red cells (but both A and B antibody are in the plasma)

There are very specific ways in which blood types must be matched for a safe transfusion:

In addition to the A and B antigens, there is a third antigen called the Rh factor, which can be either present (+) or absent ( – ). In general, Rh negative blood is given to Rh-negative patients, and Rh positive blood or Rh negative blood may be given to Rh positive patients.

•The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood type.
    •The universal plasma donor has Type AB positive blood type.

Blood Types and the Population

O positive is the most common blood type. Not all ethnic groups have the same mix of these blood types.
    Hispanic people, for example, have a relatively high number of O’s, while Asian people have a relatively high number of B’s.

The mix of the different blood types in the U.S. population is listed in the table below:

---------> End Excerpt from Web Site<--------------

This is good info to know for many reasons.
    Thanks for starting this thread!

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

B+

sp/sx

So it's a match.

Asian's and their weird blood type personalities.

Blood Type B – The Nomads

Bs are said to enjoy life and are passionate, wild and active. They can be creative and optimistic and have a ‘let’s go’ attitude. They love animals and are passionate about the people and things that they hold dear. They can have an individual and independent nature and don’t care about what others think of them. They can laugh in failure’s face and have a bright and liberal way of living – however this can cause them to have enemies. They can be impatient and can give up easily. They have often been described as shallow and lazy, self-centred and irresponsible. Men with blood type B aren’t considered good ‘husband material’ as they can be ‘bad boys’ and ‘players’. This makes them desirable to women but only for the short term. Women with blood type B do not share this attribute. Those with blood type B are said to have a strong immune system and do well with dairy.
    Interesting...
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You can do this but only in the short term.
    When my Mom got a full hysterectomy she donated a pint of her blood every 4 - 6 weeks for storage at the hospital, and marked for her use only.
    She is AB- and she needed the blood, and was glad to have had the forethought to save herself rather than rely on gambling with the hospital/blood bank's availability.
    smart
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~