User Tag List

12 Last

Stansmith

Default Sexual-lasts and 'Passion'

Is it possible for an Sx-last songwriter to really "touch" people emotionally or naturally convey the passion necessary to do so? The only example I can think of is Morrissey (4w3 Sp/So), but all Fours might as well be Sx-types.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Is it possible for an Sx-last songwriter to really "touch" people emotionally or naturally convey the passion necessary to do so? The only example I can think of is Morrissey (4w3 Sp/So), but all Fours might as well be Sx-types.
    I used to when I was younger, but I lost my touch…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I initially thought this was just about sx-lasts and I was gonna be like, "I'm pretty sure anyone can touch you emotionally as you get closer to them over time."

For songwriters, Ingrid Michaelson may be an so/sp (from what I remember) and I really like her music.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

all 4s might as well be sx? that's the silliest thing i've ever read! maybe on PersonalityCafé where everyone claims to be 4 sx because they enjoy sex and therefore they are oh so very sx, when in reality so/sp is the most common stacking.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    all 4s might as well be sx? that's the silliest thing i've ever read! maybe on PersonalityCafé where everyone claims to be 4 sx because they enjoy sex and therefore they are oh so very sx, when in reality so/sp is the most common stacking.
    I think what @Stansmith means is that 4s kind of have a Sx quality to them regardless of their instinctual stacking. It's true of me, and I'm Sx-last.

I think with some other types this can be true too. Sx-last 6s can be quite passionate too in their mode of artistic expression, even though they may be more diffuse in their general communication style. I'm not sure about others; perhaps 1s and 8s are the same?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    LOL! And where you are probably a 6.

In response to the OP, I've had a sx-last 5w6 insist she was a very passionate person, but that it simply didn't manifest in an I'm-going-to-obsess-about-this-day-and-night, sx-first sort of way. That's the only evidence I have on that front, but I can imagine that being able to "touch" others with passion is a very human quality, not confined solely to sx-firsts. I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro
    That's the only evidence I have on that front, but I can imagine that being able to "touch" others with passion is a very human quality, not confined solely to sx-firsts. I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.
    Yeah. Like Sanjuro said, different ways of manifesting. I think everyone has a little something in them that reaches out to touch others. I don't know how many people channel that into songwriting... but certainly there are many ways of connecting with others. I think it'd be easier for a Sx type to touch another Sx type but maybe a Sx-last wouldn't feel that connection. Maybe Sp/So would connect more hearing about personal struggle and establishing their place in the world, while Sx/So would feel more in tune with hearing about the drive to shake up the world and revolutionize the status quo - something like that.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I think the instinct is only responsible for the way it manifests.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yeah. Like Sanjuro said, different ways of manifesting. I think everyone has a little something in them that reaches out to touch others. I don't know how many people channel that into songwriting... but certainly there are many ways of connecting with others. I think it'd be easier for a Sx type to touch another Sx type but maybe a Sx-last wouldn't feel that connection. Maybe Sp/So would connect more hearing about personal struggle and establishing their place in the world, while Sx/So would feel more in tune with hearing about the drive to shake up the world and revolutionize the status quo - something like that.
    I agree with this.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I personally want to know what passion for the sx last feels like in general.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I personally want to know what passion for the sx last feels like in general.
    If I feel it, it is an intense energy in my chest.
    Though I haven't felt it in a long time…
    I miss the feeling…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan