MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    So, what is it like to be a biologist?
    I'm a biologist? Why is it that nobody told me?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm a biologist? Why is it that nobody told me?
    Wow, you're not a wildlife biologist? I could have sworn you were by the way you type…

I pictured you being a woman that travels to exotic islands all over the world to take notes on rare species…

How far off was I?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wow, you're not a wildlife biologist? I could have sworn you were by the way you type…

I pictured you being a woman that travels to exotic islands all over the world to take notes on rare species…

How far off was I?
    I'm an amateur armchair psychologist/ethologist/wildlife biologist, aka Animal Planet and National Geographic were my drug of choice growing up. The closest I get is that I have an education in Animal Behaviorism, somewhat, and that I'm a trained translator and speak a lot of languages (and have visited some - mostly European - countries).

Sorry to disappoint
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Oh gawd I h8 those people with a passion
    some of them are alright, but I hate the ones who subtly (even passive-aggressively) try to one up you. a pissing contest with a pseudo-intellectual twist is still a pissing contest.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Do you experience being sx-last in some kind of way that is deficient? I mean, I know for instance that I suck at sp stuff, and those things do tend to pile up on me, getting in the way of things till I address them. Do you notice somethign similar being sx-last?
    Of course. It's easy to feel envious at how "simple" it seems for sx-doms to become close with another person. And every time I think I've overreacted beyond the wildest emotional bounds, that's the only time people seem to notice I'm concerned or bothered by something (unless they know me really well and can read other subconscious signals). And they don't think it was anywhere near overreacting. But as sp/so, overreacting is the worst thing in the world.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Of course. It's easy to feel envious at how "simple" it seems for sx-doms to become close with another person. And every time I think I've overreacted beyond the wildest emotional bounds, that's the only time people seem to notice I'm concerned or bothered by something (unless they know me really well and can read other subconscious signals). And they don't think it was anywhere near overreacting. But as sp/so, overreacting is the worst thing in the world.
    I have the same problem as an So/Sp. I can relate to feeling like people only care if you are over-the-top, though I think being an ISTJ could only make that problem a lot worse than what I go through...
    The bad thing about being ENFP and Sx-last is that you have all of these deep feelings, and you get easily hurt, but you are afraid to show those emotions because it might hurt others...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Do Sx doms tend to be the craziest and most radical variant?
    not necessarily. they will rely on others' definition of the situation the least, whereas so/sp, will rely on others' definition of the situation the most. sx doesn't check in with other people's expectations nearly as much. it does so more strategically in the process of directing and influencing and progressing towards a goal that is highly personal.

like in sex, for instance, it's not that inherent, oh, i've gotta meet the other person's expectations before i can fulfill myself. it just focuses more so on where it's going, and assumes others have a responsibility to influence and express and go after their own fulfillment. it's perspective when relating is one based on fulfillment, on deepest desire, not expectations or agreements or commitment to roles. when it's trying to be validated by others, it doesn't wait to see what validation they have to offer, it tries to win the validation it wants by conquering them, by identifying with the power, the raw attraction, flowing through the situation and wielding it.

so/sp types can be in this mode too, but it's often more formal, and more unaware of what is driving it. i know so/sp types that just want to be exactly whatever it is that others want, and i know so/sp types that unconsciously act out their desires in ways that presume a distance by attributing their own contradictions to the social games they find themselves in in order to distance from themselves, to obscure an unwillingness to really own their own conflict. this is the kind of legalese so/sp type, the one who knows how to hold down the fort and maintain their own territory in social space, but has lost a more personal connection to themselves.

other so/sp types are hyperreactive to others, and constantly wait for the other to express themselves before responding. a kind of hypervigilance to other's truth, to the detriment of their own that only comes from staying with themselves, their own experience, noticing what is arising, and owning their own feelings. otherwise there's no center, no grounding that isn't fixation, and they often feel like they are drifting away when the moods outside of them change or shift.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    not necessarily. they will rely on others' definition of the situation the least, whereas so/sp, will rely on others' definition of the situation the most. sx doesn't check in with other people's expectations nearly as much. it does so more strategically in the process of directing and influencing and progressing towards a goal that is highly personal.

like in sex, for instance, it's not that inherent, oh, i've gotta meet the other person's expectations before i can fulfill myself. it just focuses more so on where it's going, and assumes others have a responsibility to influence and express and go after their own fulfillment. it's perspective when relating is one based on fulfillment, on deepest desire, not expectations or agreements or commitment to roles. when it's trying to be validated by others, it doesn't wait to see what validation they have to offer, it tries to win the validation it wants by conquering them, by identifying with the power, the raw attraction, flowing through the situation and wielding it.

so/sp types can be in this mode too, but it's often more formal, and more unaware of what is driving it. i know so/sp types that just want to be exactly whatever it is that others want, and i know so/sp types that unconsciously act out their desires in ways that presume a distance by attributing their own contradictions to the social games they find themselves in in order to distance from themselves, to obscure an unwillingness to really own their own conflict. this is the kind of legalese so/sp type, the one who knows how to hold down the fort and maintain their own territory in social space, but has lost a more personal connection to themselves.

other so/sp types are hyperreactive to others, and constantly wait for the other to express themselves before responding. a kind of hypervigilance to other's truth, to the detriment of their own that only comes from staying with themselves, their own experience, noticing what is arising, and owning their own feelings. otherwise there's no center, no grounding that isn't fixation, and they often feel like they are drifting away when the moods outside of them change or shift.
    Precisely! I am the first kind of So/Sp…
    I am curious as to how I may develop Sx.
    Sx-last and Fi-aux together form a kind of oxymoron…
    But there I am…
    The only combination between instincts, MBTI, and enneagram that is stranger than mine is @Southern Kross
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Precisely! I am the first kind of So/Sp…
    I am curious as to how I may develop Sx.
    Sx-last and Fi-aux together form a kind of oxymoron…
    But there I am…
    The only combination between instincts, MBTI, and enneagram that is stranger than mine is @Southern Kross
    you also get counterphobic tendencies sometimes with 6, altho with so/sp the stress is generally pretty extreme for this to be the case. whereas sx 6s have so much stress already, so much internal conflict, that they're always somewhat oppositional by default, and it's only much work that relaxes that tension.

i think one develops sx by staying in first person perspective. noticing what is happening within you, rather than drifting into other's presumed experience. stay with your own, and notice when you are drifting. if you are home, even when you are out in the world, you will hear yourself more.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    you also get counterphobic tendencies sometimes with 6, altho with so/sp the stress is generally pretty extreme for this to be the case. whereas sx 6s have so much stress already, so much internal conflict, that they're always somewhat oppositional by default, and it's only much work that relaxes that tension.

i think one develops sx by staying in first person perspective. noticing what is happening within you, rather than drifting into other's presumed experience. stay with your own, and notice when you are drifting. if you are home, even when you are out in the world, you will hear yourself more.
    I notice that whenever I am writing my fantasy novels, the characters I drift into are often a small segment of myself...
    Characters are fragments of myself...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan