User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

When taken too far, sx-man is the prosecutor, while the recipient is the dude on the witness stand who gets subjected to all sorts of polarizing, targeted questions (which are actually more like statements); twists of his answers to fit some agenda; and.. well, sheer pressure. J'accuse! As long as one learns to not play along, though, it's not so bad.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    When taken too far, sx-man is the prosecutor, while the recipient is the dude on the witness stand who gets subjected to all sorts of polarizing, targeted questions (which are actually more like statements); twists of his answers to fit some agenda; and.. well, sheer pressure. J'accuse! As long as one learns to not play along, though, it's not so bad.
    My Sp is still a little underdeveloped...
    I try and use it to please my mother, but I am always a little poor when it comes to execution...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

really? that's new...is this an experience you've had personally? are you sx last?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    really? that's new...is this an experience you've had personally? are you sx last?
    To Sx last, it generally seems that way...
    I wonder if I am really Sp-Aux, at times...
    I am horribly inept at chores...
    I tend to get distracted and end up being browbeat later...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I wouldn't say So/Sp gets a bad rap.

I have no sort of clue what an so/sp is!
    So/Sp is the grad school student who enjoys having career-related small talk with acquantinces at Starbucks. Kind of a Fe and Si-ish vibe.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I've definitely had those sorts of experiences. When it happens, I just kinda walk off the stand, because.. well, fuck being on the stand. I don't know if other sx-doms would even conceive of thinking that way about other sx-doms.

But those are typically fringe cases. For an example of what's closer to the norm--this conversation between the two of us. Here, you're are asking questions out of curiosity, attempting to understand a point of view, rather than asserting some polarized view and jumping to conclusions.

People peg me as sx-last, and I think it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    So/Sp is the grad school student who enjoys having career-related small talk with acquantinces at Starbucks. Kind of a Fe and Si-ish vibe.
    I can totally see this being true.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I wonder @bologna

Do you experience being sx-last in some kind of way that is deficient? I mean, I know for instance that I suck at sp stuff, and those things do tend to pile up on me, getting in the way of things till I address them. Do you notice somethign similar being sx-last?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Oh gawd I h8 those people with a passion
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've definitely had those sorts of experiences. When it happens, I just kinda walk off the stand, because.. well, fuck being on the stand. I don't know if other sx-doms would even conceive of thinking that way about other sx-doms.

But those are typically fringe cases. For an example of what's closer to the norm--this conversation between the two of us. Here, you're are asking questions out of curiosity, attempting to understand a point of view, rather than asserting some polarized view and jumping to conclusions.
    Interesting. Even as sx-second, I can put people into those situations where I am essentially interrogating them. It is rarely to assert my own polarized view, as you put it, and much more about satisfying curiosity and trying to understand their point of view. Still, it can get very intense and adversarial, especially if they are not giving me the explanations I want, and I allow my frustration to get the better of me. Some people just don't do well trying to explain themselves, or don't see the need. (One thing that impressed me early on about my SO was how willing he was to sit there and engage with it, when he could easily have "walked off the stand".)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I wonder @bologna

Do you experience being sx-last in some kind of way that is deficient?
    One of my totally sx-dom family members likes to share her life story, complete with TMI, to complete strangers (e.g. sharing her life story to a friend of mine that she'd just met at her wedding). Her relationships are also very dramatic and roller-coastery. It's spelled bad news for her. She's one of those fringe cases.

Meanwhile, I used to have a hard time opening up to those close to me. I'd tended to be very reserved about keeping my world to myself.

So, I chose to learn to do the exact opposite. I open up to those closest to me; and I feel like my (so/sx) wife and I are a (more-than-)complete unit. I've ended up with a habit of being very lax about the boundaries between us--whether about finances or feelings--which is something that I'd never thought I could do. We're all the stronger for it, and that's a good thing.

There have been deficiencies involved, and I kicked the ones that I needed and wanted to. I still don't relate to overly-passionate drives. There's probably some detriment there, but if there is it's not obvious (yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Interesting. Even as sx-second, I can put people into those situations where I am essentially interrogating them. It is rarely to assert my own polarized view, as you put it, and much more about satisfying curiosity and trying to understand their point of view. Still, it can get very intense and adversarial, especially if they are not giving me the explanations I want, and I allow my frustration to get the better of me. Some people just don't do well trying to explain themselves, or don't see the need. (One thing that impressed me early on about my SO was how willing he was to sit there and engage with it, when he could easily have "walked off the stand".)
    Oh yeah, there's a marked difference between assertive questions (and even statements) as probing and getting to know; and assertive questions as brick-wall, ten-ton hammer assertions. The former is something I actually like matching pound-for-pound in good conversation; the latter is the thing that makes me refuse to play. To engage in that is to talk to the chair sitting next to me--and not in a senile-yet-charming Clint Eastwood sort of way.

The latter? Well, my response can have somewhat of an "'Okaay, mom, I'll totally do the thing that you tell me to do ' and then not do that thing" quality to it.