12 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default SP-doms and pets.

I have a couple of questions, I guess, for Sp-doms, if you guys wanna indulge me (please state your full instintual sequence for reference when you answer - sp-so or sp-sx)

1. Do you like pets? If yes, continue
    2. What kind of pets appeal to you and why?
    3. What do you expect from a pet?
    4. Describe your perfect pet
    5. Describe what kind of bond you'd want with a pet
    6. What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet
    7a. How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
    7b. And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think I'm SP/SO. I used to think I was SX/SP. SP/SO seems to make more sense though.

Anywho...

1. Yes! I love the company of animals.
    2. I've mostly had cats, but dogs as well. I like cats when I'm home and being lazy. I love how they just curl up with me when I'm watching tv or studying. I like dogs when I'm more active and going on trail runs or walks. Or if I want a companion for a car ride that doesn't talk.
    3. Nothing but companionship.
    4. I've had lots of pets, and don't think I could say there is one perfect pet. I've liked the unique personalities of each one.
    5. I tend to favor the cats that curl up with me at night in my bed. I've only had two that just like to curl up under the covers with me. The others fear I'm smothering them.
    6. All. Hanging at the house. Going out and about. I make friends easily, but often prefer the company of my animals since they don't talk my head off.
    7. I place their food bowls somewhere I can easily see. So anytime the bowls are empty, I fill them up. I'm good about walking my dogs regularly, including friends dogs and my family members dogs. I feel bad if they are couped up all the time.
    7b. Both, duty and pleasure. I like to see the animals happy.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sp/sx

1. Yes, I do. Any animal actually.
    2. Mostly cats. I also like birds. The more aloof breeds of dog appeal to me more than the ones that need constant interaction. I've had hamsters, guinea pigs (cavy), budgies, cockatiels, an African Grey parrot, greyhound, labrador, several cats (a few ferals)...currently live with an Australian Shepherd. I also love on my roommate's cat. I like dogs but tend to want them more for protection.
    3. Just to share their life and space with me. For us to find pleasure in the company of the other. I'd also prefer if they were into warming feet.
    Ability to bark/be intimidating if it's a dog.
    4. See #3.
    5. Lots of trust, care, and affection but know how to leave each other alone when needed.
    6. Foot-warming is a must. Anything else is just on the spur of the moment.
    7.a. Daily. She has scheduled walks and feeding that my son will take care of. Unless she has a serious illness, I know how to 'play vet'. I admit that I have to be careful not to indulge the animals I live with (same with people) with too many treats, toys, etc. Sometimes being broke is a good thing!
    7.b. It feels right to me. They cannot do for themselves, so I do. It gives me a sense of pleasure to do so...from their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I have a couple of questions, I guess, for Sp-doms, if you guys wanna indulge me (please state your full instintual sequence for reference when you answer - sp-so or sp-sx)

1. Do you like pets? If yes, continue
    2. What kind of pets appeal to you and why?
    3. What do you expect from a pet?
    4. Describe your perfect pet
    5. Describe what kind of bond you'd want with a pet
    6. What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet
    7a. How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
    7b. And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?

1. Yes. I have been a cat, dog, and fish owner. I enjoy pets quite a lot, but each kind of pet I enjoy for different reasons.
    2. Mostly dogs. Fish second. Dogs because they're great companions. They're also very trainable. Fish because they are a challenge. Raising fish is an exercise in ingenuity.
    3. I expect whatever they are bred to give.
    4. A German Shepherd, trained in both English and German. Purebred, male, with traditional coloring. Regular training plus guard dog training.
    5. One of loyalty and trust and fun.
    6. Being outdoors, hiking, traveling.
    7. Everything stays as is until I notice something is wrong.
    7. No. It's just a natural part of owning a pet. No overbearing sense of responsibility or duty.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Interesting subject It would also be very interesting to know why you feel interested by SP dom liking pet or not @Amargith

So here I am with my answers :

1.Even if they lose too much hair on my carpets they are a ravishing presence in my house.
    2. First and without any doubt : Cat. I love everything about them : their purr, their lovely eyes on me asking for more cuddles, their independance, some of them also love to play,
    they also allow me to calm down and relax and ...they love books
    3. Just that he/she feels good in my house. Whatever animals is welcome in my house is a lucky one !
    4. Perfect pet ? I don't like perfect stuffs or human beings ! The same for animals ! I just want him/her to keep losing his/her hair on my carpets and sleep with me.
    Mine is not perfect at all as, when I want to brush her hair, she often attacks me (even if slightly) ; that prooves me she has kept her instincts. I'm happy for her not to become my puppet !
    5. The same as some girls wish fulfilment with a man : Love. Today I can say I have been more happy with pets than men...
    I have had a very jealous cat once in my life. He finally left home because he did not like my friend who decided to visit me every sunday.
    I love that too, they are quite temperamental.
    6. Playing, communicating, relaxing in the sun, looking at the insects and catch them, hidding behind doors, sleeping head against head,
    being only just 2 out from that crazy world Enjoying the silence and much more...
    7.I give food twice a day. Never goes to the Vet until she/he needs it. As an indoor cat she does not need any vaccin.
    8.I do it because it is part of her needs and well-being.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Interesting...I think I started the thread way back when - I think- because my INTJ doesn't really love my animals, he tolerates them. As much as he does enjoy them occasionally, the cost-benefit of the hair+care+logistics when on holiday+financial burden for the vet doesn't add up for him.

Could this be an ITJ sp dom thing instead?

Edit: also, @DaftGuru 's description makes it uncomfortably clear my INTJ does experience love for what would fit apparently an ITJ's description of a pet, despite the mess... aka me.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Interesting...I think I started the thread way back when - I think- because my INTJ doesn't really love my animals, he tolerates them. As much as he does enjoy them occasionally, the cost-benefit of the hair+care+logistics when on holiday+financial burden for the vet doesn't add up for him.

I think this is more likely to be the upbringing thing , however IxTJ Sp is probably the most likely to be the one who engages this mindset. I never had a pet due to a number of reasons, but to be honest there is a huge difference between a pet and pets in my opinion. After the number of pets goes above one or perhaps two you basically become tied to them and you can't trully control your life anymore. I simply do not want variable(s) in my life that I will not be able to control and out of which I do not get anything. Having two FP parents was stressful enough.

MBTI
    STP

Edit: also, @DaftGuru 's description makes it uncomfortably clear my INTJ does experience love for what would fit apparently an ITJ's description of a pet, despite the mess... aka me.
    Why stroke a pet when you can stroke a woman? Confused by purpose of pet that a woman can't provide.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Why stroke a pet when you can stroke a woman? Confused by purpose of pet that a woman can't provide.
    Animals will always love you, no matter what kind of person you are. They provide comfort and constant companionship, people are trouble.

What kind of pets appeal to you and why? + What do you expect from a pet?
    Cats, mostly. They're independent, but still want to cuddle every now and then, and they're entertaining. I love the fact that pets are so unaware of everything going on in the world and in your life, they always act the same towards you, no matter what you've done.

Describe your perfect pet
    Wouldn't want to exchange my cat for any other. There isn't really a 'perfect pet'.

What kind of activity do you enjoy sharing with your pet
    Cuddling mostly, haha. Plus taking photos of them.

How often do you check on your pet's health and food bowl, aka physical needs?
    My cat's really independent and will tell me when he's hungry or wants to go outside. If he's not feeling well, it's apparent most of the time and I'll take him to the doctor immediately.

And do you do that out of a sense of duty or is that part of the pleasure you gain from owning a pet?
    I love taking care of my pet! It's a give-and-take relationship I guess, so I don't mind investing my time and money into my cat.
    Leisurely > Sensitive > Solitary
    Si / Fi / Fe
    Johari / Nohari / Tumblr