User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    I thought not being conscious of what others are doing was an extraverted thing, I never realized that it was a social variant thing. I've been dancing in public (like while shopping ...and I am not a good dancer) ever since I knew how to walk. I'm usually the first person in a group to get up and get food instead of doing that stupid awkward thing where everyone waits until the first person gets up.

How did you conclude that it was an expression of being So-last?
    It makes sense. They're always focused on doing their own thing and have a sort of tunnel vision when it comes to that stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I thought not being conscious of what others are doing was an extraverted thing, I never realized that it was a social variant thing. I've been dancing in public (like while shopping ...and I am not a good dancer) ever since I knew how to walk. I'm usually the first person in a group to get up and get food instead of doing that stupid awkward thing where everyone waits until the first person gets up.

Haha I dance in the grocery store too!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Haha I dance in the grocery store too!
    FUCKIN' GOOD! I tend to like it that no one else does so... it doesn't start off that way, though. I just hate repressing my inner desires when they bubble up xD

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Here's one:

Even when you don't get along with someone or break up with someone, you still want to leave things on good terms so everyone can co-exist in the same group.
    Good one! I often finding myself trying to turn people who may not like me into ¨neutrals¨. Gotta keep open a line of communication. Who knows they may see the ¨error¨ of their ways
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    When you feel discouraged after the group you're with casts a bit of judgment on you.
    I find myself searching for the lowest common denominator and work from there.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Good one! I often finding myself trying to turn people who may not like me into ¨neutrals¨. Gotta keep open a line of communication. Who knows they may see the ¨error¨ of their ways
    Exactly! Or they may become helpful in some other capacity in the future.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I feel incredibly or subtly self-conscious when doing things like eating in public or even pulling out a book on the subway as if everyone around me is watching me vigilantly as I do it, whereas I'd imagine So-lasts being completely oblivious to this feeling.
    I can't relate to anything that anyone has listed except this. Perhaps it's less an SO thing, and more of a self awareness thing. I've known very socially acclimated type to still be oblivious to certain behaviors of their own.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

brainheart

My social dom husband constantly monitors how what he or anyone else says comes across, and whether it alienates or includes people. I, on the other hand, am completely oblivious about this. Then he will get irritated by what I say, thinking that I'm deliberately separating myself from the group or what have you. But I just don't notice. I have a hard time seeing why honesty is more offensive than sugar-coating things. Sugar coating things drives me nuts.

I know that what I'm saying could be interpreted as Fe vs Fi, but there is no way my husband is anything but an ESFP, so I can't help but conclude it's a social instinct issue. Once I realized this, and that the majority of our disagreements have to do with social instinct concerns, it became obvious that I'm social last.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I feel like people are gonna judge the book I'm reading or analyze all of my micro movements.
    And? What kind of practical damage does that cause?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    My social dom husband constantly monitors how what he or anyone else says comes across, and whether it alienates or includes people. I, on the other hand, am completely oblivious about this. Then he will get irritated by what I say, thinking that I'm deliberately separating myself from the group or what have you.But I just don't notice. I have a hard time seeing why honesty is more offensive than sugar-coating things. Sugar coating things drives me nuts.

I know that what I'm saying could be interpreted as Fe vs Fi, but there is no way my husband is anything but an ESFP, so I can't help but conclude it's a social instinct issue. Once I realized this, and that the majority of our disagreements have to do with social instinct concerns, it became obvious that I'm social last.
    I don't see myself doing that honestly, or even noticing. I'm too concerned with how I look to pay attention to how a friend or significant other does, for better or worse. I only get mad if we're close and you're bringing up my personal business around others (my parents do this ALOT).

I've entertained the idea of bringing a friend into another group a couple of times like a stereotypical So/Sx, but never persistently. I'm content with keeping my 'friends' separate 99% of the time.