User Tag List

First 123 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yeah I feel like I'm in the vague borderlands territory. Social introvert. Quiet extrovert. I tend to get along with people and enjoy company. But I also love to be home, relaxing, recharging. Sometimes it's as simple as moods.
    Agreed, my socializing is often a reflection of my mood state.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    258 sx/so

I wonder if other social introverts have the problem where you make friends, only to piss them off by dropping off the face of the earth or only wanting to hang out minus the ways they're accustomed to. (Parties, Bars, etc). Push-pull is an understatement.

I'm a fan of this thread. For sure will be lurking(reading) ^.^
    There'd be no method if there were no madness ...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by NKC View Post
    I wonder if other social introverts have the problem where you make friends, only to piss them off by dropping off the face of the earth or only wanting to hang out minus the ways they're accustomed to. (Parties, Bars, etc). Push-pull is an understatement.

Indeed. Many a time I've engaged socially only for people to get the impression I love doing it or do so frequently, only to find out that I'm hot/cold and when I'm in energy conservation mode I can stay so for quite some time. On my two days off it is quite common for me to not see or speak to a single human being. This is by choice.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Stansmith

I generally don't keep in contact with people or go through the whole texting/rapport game unless I actually want to make plans. I'll just drop by after 3 months of absence like "let's go to the movies". I find social graces and "how's it going" text conversations tedious, for better or worse. Probably for worse.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

mostly I notice social introverts with a group, but hanging back analyzing and keeping track of everything that's going on.

^this. most of the Social introverts I've met are extremely flaky
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    It seems to me like dominant extroverted perceivers are always more introverted with people than those who are extroverted rational types. I know my husband, the few MBTI tests he took said he was an introvert, but extroverted sensing is without a doubt his dominant cognitive function. When he is in a group of people he doesn't know he can be more reserved than me at times, unless he shares a common interest with them.
    I think ESPs are more classically extroverted in social situations than ETJs. ETJs are usually somewhat even-keel in idle, agenda-less conversation. Although their extroversion becomes glaringly obvious when they're in charge of a group or something needs to get done. I'd say it goes:

EFJ
    ESP
    ETJ
    ENP

Edit: Actually, I take that back. ETJ (ENTJ especially)>ESP at socializing/communicating.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    mostly I notice social introverts with a group, but hanging back analyzing and keeping track of everything that's going on.

^this. most of the Social introverts I've met are extremely flaky
    Speaking for myself, I'd would agree with this generalization. I'd call it just "regular" flaky though, in so much it's mostly E's that would perceive it as "extremely". Other introverts are likely to empathize with a need for at least some alone time.

I think this has to do with who initiates mostly. I reciprocate often, it's that initial urge/need to reach out that I either don't feel or don't act on. Higher value people can get me to do just about anything with them.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

I wonder if other social introverts have the problem where you make friends, only to piss them off by dropping off the face of the earth or only wanting to hang out minus the ways they're accustomed to.
    Much more the other way round for me. As a supreme social introvert I have few friends. Those I do have I usually want more depth from than they are prepared to give. All goes well for a while and then the depth versus breadth problem emerges.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I'm an introverted 6w5 So/sx, and my social instinct comes out strongly in my left-wing political thinking. I have a bit of a neurotic psychological complex about "unity", I hate it when my comrades engage in sectarian bitch-fests rather than forming a united front.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I'm an introverted 6w5 So/sx, and my social instinct comes out strongly in my left-wing political thinking. I have a bit of a neurotic psychological complex about "unity", I hate it when my comrades engage in sectarian bitch-fests rather than forming a united front.

Any So dom introverts out there? Surely I'm not the only one on these forums.