User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just shut them out. i can't maintain negative feelings for very long so if the person didn't just recently piss me off i won't be feeling anger. i'll just be not giving a shit. maybe a bit disgusted and wish they'd go away...but mostly just sort of pretend they they're not there...and how i feel will be known. they won't be under any misconception that things are fine.

edit: actually...i have been in situations where it's important that i be civil...so...i will be.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Had this happen at work recently actually. New guy came in, didn't like him from day one and it only got worse. I started assigning him tasks that got him out of the office just because I didn't have to be around him. Then one glorious day my supervisor asked for my opinion of whether we should keep him or bring back a guy that had been transferred but was once again in limbo, I made a compelling argument about how the other guy was better suited to the work we were doing and the dynamics of the office. Bye, bye new guy and good riddance.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I tend to get restless, bored or uncomfortable as im acutely aware the click just aint there. Sonetimes ill be able to figure out why it aint there and repair it though when im forced to be around them so that works
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I see people I dislike as a projected image of them, and not an actual person to engage with. By chance that I have to talk with them, I swallow my tongue and keep my sentences short yet compassionate.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

There's only a couple things that turn me off completely about anyone else : arrogance ( intellectual ) and entitlement. Otherwise, I can get along with you.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just put up a face for the sake of harmony... but don't expect me to keep that up for very long.

More often than not, I will look for any avenue to remove myself from that situation.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Great One

You don't have to believe me about being sx-first, but I'd like to chime in anyway.

For me, there's a very on/off energy. I may or may not be a true introvert, but most people would likely find me introverted--if I don't feel something special going on between us, I simply withdraw into my own mind. I stare out the window. I get lost in thought. This happens between me and most people. I'm perceived as cold, unfriendly, rude, shy, introverted, standoffish, whatever. I'd honestly rather sit inside my own head and think about my own shit than try to force a boring conversation. I've learned to give lots of "polite" answers to get people off my back (that's nice! Oh, I'm glad to hear that) etc.

On the other hand, if someone intrigues me, you'd never know how introverted I can be. Once, travelling across the US on a Greyhound, I met this sooper interesting person, and basically we talked for about 12 hours straight about all kinds of random stuff (most of it was trivial bullshit, so I can't use the "Introverted 5-winger" argument about me avoiding "inane conversation"). I was like, shaking with excitement the whole time, and the bus driver was like, You're grown adults! JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

That's the on/off energy flow as near as I can tell. I just can't muster interest in people who don't strike me that way. It's not that I dislike them--it's just not the way I feel pulled to interact. It's not necessarily dependent on instinctual stacking, because I have a sp/soc 8w7 friend who I can blab away to forever--he's the most damn interesting human being ever.

If there actually is someone I actively dislike, that's quite different. It's also quite rare--I am tolerant of most, even if they don't interest me. If I dislike someone, I'm likely to avoid them, or else will pathologize them in my head whenever we interact. I might be polite (get along to go along) but I can't do that indefinitely. If the dislike is mutual, blows will probably come to blows, and I don't really care.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

eh, I'm around people I can't stand often enough, usually at work. There's no reason to not be civil, and there's no reason to pretend that I like them. Sometimes you just have to get shit done, liking isn't necessary.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

But is this an Sx thing though I wonder? What are sx last people like around people that they don't connect with?

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    ?w?
    Socionics
    ???? None

"I was like, shaking with excitement the whole time..."
    Wow, this sounds eerily familiar! Do many other sx types get this overpowering surge of energy if you gel with somebody? Whenever I connect with someone (usually it's only a romantic interest) there's this inexorable flow of energy that simply must flow out of me somehow, and whenever I'm not speaking or active during discourse with said person, it manifests as this nervous but excited shaking. Sometimes it's so intense I'm physically sick because of it.

I'm not entirely sure of my instinctual variant yet, but threads like this are great for trying to establish it.