User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 47

  1. #21
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    When I see so/sx types that are self-pres last, I just envision them doing shit like this guy in this commercial (0:16 seconds into the commercial)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz84cn0D9zA

  2. #22
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    When I see so/sx types that are self-pres last
    Aren't ALL so/sx types self-pres last?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #23
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    When I see so/sx types that are self-pres last, I just envision them doing shit like this guy in this commercial (0:16 seconds into the commercial)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz84cn0D9zA
    That's ExxP + 6w7/7w6 So/sx

  4. #24
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Aren't ALL so/sx types self-pres last?
    Yeah that was my first thought. Is there some fourth instinct that we didn't know about?!?

    And @The Great One I see so/sx as more like this guy in the driver's seat.

    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #25
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Late.

    Okay, in truth, I was under the impression for a short period of time that Lady X & I were in fact posting in this thread last night...until it became obvious we were not (I do not know which thread Lady X originally thought she was posting though...or if our comments fit what was already there haha.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I have a hard time believing 95% of the people here can be Sx-doms.
    I agree we have our share of 'mistyped sx' here... but another trend I've noticed: Actual sx-doms mistyping at first on a "there's no way I'm that awesome" basis (<-now multiply that by 2 in order to understand why so many actual e7 sx's don't see themselves as e7 sx's.)

    Still, I would expect a higher than normal representation of sx-doms here. sx/sp is common for INTPs (original members), ISTPs, INFPs...as well as INTJs I believe. Likewise, sx-doms report experiencing greater levels of internal conflict... with the ongoing push/pull to search out the missing piece so...


    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    What if you were "BALANCED" sx vs. so?
    fwiw Chanaynay - what Halla says above is what I've always believed about you. And yes, I believe you are a so-dom.

  6. #26
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    fwiw Chanaynay - what Halla says above is what I've always believed about you. And yes, I believe you are a so-dom.
    Hmm, I'm not sure what this means exactly! Could you elaborate how I could be balanced sx vs so while still being so-dom?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #27
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Late.

    Okay, in truth, I was under the impression for a short period of time that Lady X & I were in fact posting in this thread last night...until it became obvious we were not (I do not know which thread Lady X originally thought she was posting though...or if our comments fit what was already there haha.)
    haha so funny you say this...i did think i was posting here for awhile and was like wait why is this conversation happening here?? then i realized i think elfboy mentioned something about instinctual stackings. that was funny tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I agree we have our share of 'mistyped sx' here... but another trend I've noticed: Actual sx-doms mistyping at first on a "there's no way I'm that awesome" basis (<-now multiply that by 2 in order to understand why so many actual e7 sx's don't see themselves as e7 sx's.)

    Still, I would expect a higher than normal representation of sx-doms here. sx/sp is common for INTPs (original members), ISTPs, INFPs...as well as INTJs I believe. Likewise, sx-doms report experiencing greater levels of internal conflict... with the ongoing push/pull to search out the missing piece so...
    Ha, this is a great point. I typed as sx-last for a really long time because "I'm not good at that sx-first stuff", "I hate sx-first stuff", and, yes, "There's no way I'm that awesome". I am not fond of most online descriptions of the sexual stackings--they make sexuals sound like these wild charismatic beasts, when in fact, I am a mere humble 4w5 shadow on the wall in most public circumstances. I know a verifiable sx/soc 4w3 who initially typed as sp/sx for these reasons as well.

    The point is, the primary instinct is NOT the one you enjoy, and it's not the one you're good at. It's the one that gives you hangups, potential self-esteem problems, and draws out the worst of your core type. So, @Chanaynay, look at which instinct makes you do that. The second instinct should be the one that you know how to indulge. You have fun with it; it supports the first instinct.

    Also, is there a particular reason you're changing it? I read your OP, but it was a bit unclear to me--it sounds like you're thinking soc/sx because of your general bubbliness? I'd imagine that would be true for any 7w6 regardless of stacking. Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to comment beyond this. You're likely a sx with a very strong social, or a soc with a very strong sx. You can't really be balanced (one will always be more neurotic), but you can have two of about equal strength.

  9. #29
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Also, is there a particular reason you're changing it? I read your OP, but it was a bit unclear to me--it sounds like you're thinking soc/sx because of your general bubbliness? I'd imagine that would be true for any 7w6 regardless of stacking. Unfortunately, I don't know you well enough to comment beyond this. You're likely a sx with a very strong social, or a soc with a very strong sx. You can't really be balanced (one will always be more neurotic), but you can have two of about equal strength.
    Stepping into unfamiliar territory for me seemed to showcase my true nature imo. The dominant instinct being "overfocused" on or "overemphasized", I constantly worry about looking like a loner and not having people with me. I always have to schedule things with my new friends over a group text so I know we're all going at the same time. Even though I know no one's really judging that much, I hate just standing around with no one with me while I wait. In that case I usually pull out my phone and either text them asking where they are or text someone else. No matter where I go, I always have to be with people so texting is my substitute when I'm out by myself. Also the group text in general, as silly and stupid as it may sound, can definitely sway me greatly. Two of them, while nice in person, text very abruptly and it makes me feel bad about myself as if I did something wrong. I'm thinking that when I was more comfortable with all of my friends like in high school my so-dominance wasn't as reactive as it is now because it was constantly being satisfied?

    Either way, I definitely have both strong so and sx. This is why I'm waiting eagerly to hear what skylights has to say since I think she struggled with a similar issue. I agree with what Elfboy said about me being darkside so/sx since it has strong sx due to pulling from sx/sp. I never really related to coolside sx/so pulling from so/sp. I used to think of myself as flirter sx/so, which has some kind of similar "vibe" so/sx. It sucks though, I love to flirt. But when it comes to telling someone I like that I like them, I'm too scared whether I'll ruin my relationship with them or not. I wish I could just tell the guy and not give a fuck, but when I like someone that much I do all I can to preserve the relationship.

    Thanks for the response. I forgot I should have mentioned you since a common topic you seem to discuss is instinct variants.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #30
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Does Drake seem So/Sx (start at 3:30)?


    @The Great One

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 02:50 PM
  2. [ENTJ] Coming out of the closet:
    By ThatGirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
  3. [ESFJ] Come out of the closet ESFJ's and show yourselves
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. [MBTItm] I'm coming out of the closet
    By alicia91 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 04:37 AM
  5. So I'm coming out of the closet... :/
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO