User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I agree with nearly the entire OP, @Chanaynay. Especially this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I mean, I think that if you want to make connections, you should at least try to keep them in a happy mood so they won't get annoyed by you. If you annoy them, to me, the effort and energy used to meet people was wasted. I want to make sure all that energy was put to good use and I can say that I made meaningful connections afterward.
    ^ The above is very strategic, and that sense of strategy seems key to the social instinct. It's exactly how I approach making connections, too.

As for the instinct prevalence conversation... I'll bet it's easy for ExFx to be mistyped as sx-first, if they're gregarious and romantic and love long, deep conversations with close friends and SOs. But I'm not going to question the forum's types. (It actually makes sense to me that most of the forum would be sx/sp or sp/sx; the forum format accommodates the so-last "push/pull" tendency very nicely. They can take days to reply to a post, and no one gets annoyed with them for it.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    As for the instinct prevalence conversation... I'll bet it's easy for ExFx to be mistyped as sx-first, if they're gregarious and romantic and love long, deep conversations with close friends and SOs. But I'm not going to question the forum's types. (It actually makes sense to me that most of the forum would be sx/sp or sp/sx; the forum format accommodates the so-last "push/pull" tendency very nicely. They can take days to reply to a post, and no one gets annoyed with them for it.)
    That's definitely true in my case. You rarely come across ExFx types (especially ENFPs and ESFPs) typed as sx-last too.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

That's definitely true in my case. You rarely come across ExFx types (especially ENFPs and ESFPs) typed as sx-last too.

I don't think I know any. Maybe I do, but don't realize I do?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

What if you were "BALANCED" sx vs. so?

As in "50% Sx, and 50% So" ?

Then what?

Are you Sx/So? Or So/Sx?

And in all honesty - why isn't it possible to have components of each and embrace them for what they are in terms if your own personality and individuality?

There are some questions in personality theory that should be left aside if they contribute to more sorrow than joy.

For instance, my wife is an INFJ and I am an ESTP.

So, according to socionics our relationship is one of "conflicting relations."

But, in MBTI - an INFP is supposed to be an ESTP's "dual" - or "natural soul mate."

Well what if my wife is "INFx?" What if she is perfectly balanced on P/J?
    That's a clusterfuck for socionics and MBTI, isn't it?
    What then?

My answer?

I really don't give a shit, because I love her.

So, I encourage you to give yourself the benefit of the doubt, and love thyself - regardless if you are Sx/So - or So/Sx.
    Seriously.
    Who gives a shit, really?
    Just live, love and learn - who cares if you fit into one mold or another in any given theory.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Halla!! You know it's not nice to toss an enfps puzzle out the window like that!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Halla!! You know it's not nice to toss an enfps puzzle out the window like that!
    It's fine, whatever @Halla74 says always makes me smile.

I definitely agree with your advice, it doesn't matter if you fit into a certain mold or not as long as you love yourself. sx/so or so/sx, I am happy with who I am today and I wouldn't change anything about my life for the world.

I'm still going with so/sx for now. Sorry I can't join you on the sx/so party bus, Halla. But you know I'll always be here for a fun-filled message!

This just in: my mistyping may also stem from being darkside so/sx (according to @Elfboy) which pulls from sx/sp to increase levels of sx.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I definitely agree with your advice, it doesn't matter if you fit into a certain mold or not as long as you love yourself. sx/so or so/sx, I am happy with who I am today and I wouldn't change anything about my life for the world.

I'm still going with so/sx for now. Sorry I can't join you on the sx/so party bus, Halla. But you know I'll always be here for a fun-filled message!

This just in: my mistyping may also stem from being darkside so/sx (according to @Elfboy) which pulls from sx/sp to increase levels of sx.
    yeah halla's good like that. you can't be mad at em.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Ooops! Sorry!

That's an extremely nice thing to say. Thank you very much.

That's the spirit!!!

Last time I checked you still have a ticket to the "Ring 7 Party Bus" - and last time I checked that's the bus that the word PARTY was invented on. Oh yeah!!!

yeah halla's good like that. you can't be mad at em.
    That goes right back-atcha'!

I do believe that you, @ are amongst the first peeps I ever met, chatted with and befriended here - and you have always been a constant source of joy and wisdom.

Thank you for you!!

Love and respect to my peeps,

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ooops! Sorry!

That's an extremely nice thing to say. Thank you very much.

That's the spirit!!!

Last time I checked you still have a ticket to the "Ring 7 Party Bus" - and last time I checked that's the bus that the word PARTY was invented on. Oh yeah!!!

That goes right back-atcha'!

I do believe that you, @ are amongst the first peeps I ever met, chatted with and befriended here - and you have always been a constant source of joy and wisdom.

Thank you for you!!

Love and respect to my peeps,

-Halla74
    Aww such sweetness halla thankya! You're a good guy and I always enjoy chatting with ya too!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

hmm well i don't know what i can say without embarrassing myself but i'll just say that if i were single i wouldn't drink in public.

i don't even get what people are talking about when they talk about people wanting to be sx doms. when did any of the instincts become cooler or sexier than the others?

that first position means it's your unhealthy preoccupation...that's not a good thing. sx in the 2nd position is way cooler i'm sure. i mean if ya wanna rate them and you think sx is cool.

i just barely relate to sp actually for whatever that's worth.

however @The Great One just watched a video and he said right away i seemed sx/sp so i guess there's a sp vibe present??

but anyway ramble ramble sorry hmm...you as an so...well yeah...especially based on what you said you think your reasons for the typing in the first place. i mean...what a so ish reason anyway haha
    I see you as sx/sp seducer (sx/sp with weak self-pres). They can look sx/so on the outside.

sx/sp seducer (weak sp) - sx in full command produces an active recruiter of potential mates; but being sx/sp this remains in the yin mode of seducing. charismatic and overtly sexualized, arguably the most purely sx of all stacks and ranges. draws from so/sx shadow to liven up sx into an erotic playfulness and to keep sx far ahead of their relatively nominal sp. an emotional yearning to their mating ritual; an inherently unstable range that can lead to a pattern of serial heartbreak. often confused for sx/so.
    sx/sp mystifier (midrange) - the range where the mystique of the sx/sp stack is at its strongest. unconsciously attracts with intense eye contact and other sx feelers, but holds back enough to give them a kind of untouchable or hard to get close to quality. depending on their true intentions this can either frustrate their sx or reward their functional sp cooling system. like midrangers of all stacks, there's a seemingly casual approach to meeting their variant needs as the secondary instinct is kept both in play and at bay, and others may wonder what they really want.
    sx/sp wanderer (strong sp) - the most clasically 'blocked' of the sx's, often exchanging intimacy in favor of the more immediate pleasures of the body. paradoxically the most wandering and restless of the sx/sp's. pulls from sp/so to ensure the sx flood is contained by the sp levee, which can provide a sense of stability at the expense of seeming put off by others. sex can mean a hollow satisfying of the instinct while more vulnerable feelings are suspended. quietly charged but muted, and can seem self pres first.