• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx doms and a unique sense of style and dress

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
And I want an excuse to post this:

843d8c929dd9ca86e34c442863708fab.jpg

Yeah you are either a core 3w4 or have a strong 3w4 fix. This is but yet another really 3w4ish outfit.

Because it makes me personally happy to fulfill an archetype that I envision based on my own ideals and gathered imagery.

Personally, fictional literature and art, mostly. Mixed with some life experience. People whose style I admire, usually people I know personally, not celebrities or popular figures.

As for the message, it's more self-expression, a flowing out of who I am and who I want to be. I like to tailor to the place because I like to feel a part of the energy of the place and become one with that energy, just like I'll dress differently for a blazing sunny day than an overcast or rainy day.

I guess this is just something strange about social doms that I just plain don't understand.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What i wear on a given day around people:

black shirt
blue jeans
brown boots
brown belt
buzzcut
stubble
no tats
no flash
no jewelery
But i dress up the details just a bit, clothing that fits well, is generally clean.
If i really wanted to blend in, then i'd wear baggier jeans and looser shirts. Then i'm nobody at all.

Sp/Sx with weak Sx imo

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess this is just something strange about social doms that I just plain don't understand.

:laugh: Perhaps so. I think this is also very N-Fi affected, FWIW. Feeling the "inner core" of a situation, etc.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because it makes me personally happy to fulfill an archetype that I envision based on my own ideals and gathered imagery.

Personally, fictional literature and art, mostly. Mixed with some life experience. People whose style I admire, usually people I know personally, not celebrities or popular figures.

As for the message, it's more self-expression, a flowing out of who I am and who I want to be. I like to tailor to the place because I like to feel a part of the energy of the place and become one with that energy, just like I'll dress differently for a blazing sunny day than an overcast or rainy day.
COMPLETELY agree with the bolded.

The place/energy thing is very interesting to me, though. What would be an example of that?
:laugh: Ah well. I feel like it's been explained just about as well as it can be explained? But maybe not.

*emphatic shrug*

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
COMPLETELY agree with the bolded.

The place/energy thing is very interesting to me, though. What would be an example of that?

Glad it resonates with you too! :)

Like wearing nautical-y clothes at the beach... something light and airy on a beachy morning... wearing a sleek black dress on a Saturday night... wrapping up in oatmeal-colored knit sweaters in autumn... pine greens or rich scarlet at Christmas... an oxford and a plaid skirt at a university... curled up under a heavy heated blanket when it's snowing... long flowing skirts in my favorite hippie-ish city... and so on... "matching" the environment, sort of.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Like wearing nautical-y clothes at the beach... something light and airy on a beachy morning... wearing a sleek black dress on a Saturday night... wrapping up in oatmeal-colored knit sweaters in autumn... pine greens or rich scarlet at Christmas... an oxford and a plaid skirt at a university... curled up under a heavy heated blanket when it's snowing... long flowing skirts in my favorite hippie-ish city... and so on... "matching" the environment, sort of.
Ah! Then yes, I absolutely agree, and I'm the same in that regard too. I think it was the NF-y "energy" language that threw me off. ;)

(Though I love the language and imagery of the above quote :heart: )

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah! Then yes, I absolutely agree, and I'm the same in that regard too. I think it was the NF-y "energy" language that threw me off. ;)

(Though I love the language and imagery of the above quote :heart: )

Oopsie :D And thank you!! :) :heart:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

Aside: When people say to me that an I, an Fi user, etc, etc, etc wouldn't use all those smilies...

...I think they're wrong. It's an so thing! :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

Aside: When people say to me that an I, an Fi user, etc, etc, etc wouldn't use all those smilies...

...I think they're wrong. It's an so thing! :D
I think it's an sp-last thing, maybe. Or at least, an emotive person thing. :laugh: After all, the king of smileys on this forum is an sx/so extrovert; I've met him in person and he emotes on as large a scale in real life as his smiley usage would lead you to believe!

As for me, I try to use smileys to clarify that I don't mean everything seriously -- coordinating my smileys to roughly the mood that I would be exuding if I were talking to you in person. But when I'm ACTUALLY being serious, the smileys disappear.

Edit: It's worth noting that I've been told by forum friends that I come across just the same in real life as on the forum -- so I must be doing something right!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for me, I try to use smileys to clarify that I don't mean everything seriously -- coordinating my smileys to roughly the mood that I would be exuding if I were talking to you in person. But when I'm ACTUALLY being serious, the smileys disappear.
Yeah. I'm a visual thinker, too. Pictograms are easy to use in light contexts, but even where none may tread, I still tend to use punctuation, syntax and organization in a way that imitates the seen face and the sounds it makes.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Kuvankaappaus 2013-8-5 kello 20.49.11.jpglapee.jpg

This person is almost certainly an sx-dom I think. Followed her fashion blog for awhile. She sort of became an icon from the internet with everyone following her looks/life. Her style changes a lot but she shows a lot of skin, has taken more tattoos as years have gone by, and generally has this air of not giving a fuck about what anyone thinks.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

So in other words, you both try to blend with your environment then?

On a side note:

I've noticed that so/sp people tend to go straight up politician with their style of dress. It seems like the so/sp types don't really dress for personal expression at all, but instead dress to get ahead per say. Let me give an example:

I once worked for a so/sp entrepreneur and he would always dress basically to just make money. I used to work with him in a sales company and we sold licensed sports plaques together. Whenever a team would win, we would travel to that team's town and sell their team merchandise to the fans of that town. The boss would always wear that team's colors or even a team shirt of that team when he would go out and sell. Hell he would even wear the colors as casual clothes on the weekends whenever we would go out just on a company lunch. He figured that he could still try to sell even more merchandise on his days off I guess. The bottom line, is that he didn't dress for himself, he dressed to get ahead.

I also worked for another so/sp ENTP one time. The man would always dress in business suits or business casual attire, even on his off days. The man says that he wanted to always keep up that "professional" image no matter where he went.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
View attachment 10063View attachment 10064

This person is almost certainly an sx-dom I think. Followed her fashion blog for awhile. She sort of became an icon from the internet with everyone following her looks/life. Her style changes a lot but she shows a lot of skin, has taken more tattoos as years have gone by, and generally has this air of not giving a fuck about what anyone thinks.

She looks sx/so to me.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sx/so 4 (as well as ISFP) and I place a huge emphasis on fashion, yes -- over-the-top combat boots, faux fur coats, boho patterns, weird earrings, etc. -- particularly as a means to try and attract the kinds of people I'd want in my circle to me. If that's in part because I'm sx, I'd never really made that correlation before and that's awesome lol

I also love being in settings where everyone kind of has their own individual style. It gives me a sense of likemindedness in what the group wants overall.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this thread implies sx doms are far more common than they actually are.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm confident in my typing of 9sx/sp, here's what I like.
2.jpg

These aren't something I would wear often, only special occasions...
1.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm really picky about stuff like fit and color, but i dress pretty casually and understated most of the time :shrug:

sometimes i'll add a little edginess or grunginess or something quirky, but definitely not like a mid 00's era emo

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was a teenager, I was extremely happy to dress like Kurt in this photo

34578.jpeg

I developed young, and was uncomfortable at attention toward my body that was unwanted, and also wanted to be wanted for who and what I am, and this was comfortable, easy, not expensive.

I did have a ring like this, which I enjoyed wearing because I liked it and an added bonus was the occasional Ewwww! from some prissy girl.

evil-eye-adjustable-black-genuine-leather-ring-evil-eye-leather-jewelry-rings.jpg

When I got older, I just decided to wear things that didn't feel as depressing to me, and that I like in some way.

Pleasing the people I want to attract is important, but I wouldn't sacrifice what I truly like for that in most cases.