• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx doms and a unique sense of style and dress

S

Stansmith

Okay... I don't know why you can scroll up too yeah?

You were explaining to me that you never said it was feelers who dressed flamboyantly and I said no you said fashion was the feelers domain or something to that affect and that's what I was disagreeing with.

Not disagreeing that the expression chosen would reflect someone's type or instincts.

You're probably talking about my post. I just can't see a male xxTx 5w6 - 1w9 - 2w1 sp/so being into fashion as a means of self expression as much as an ENFP 7w6-4w5-8w7 sx/so.

IMO, they have to either be feelers, or have significant Sx, 7, 3, 4, or 2 influences.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're probably talking about my post. I just can't see a male xxTx 5w6 - 1w9 - 2w1 sp/so being into fashion as a means of self expression as much as an ENFP 7w6-4w5-8w7 sx/so.

IMO, they have to either be feelers, or have significant Sx, 7, 3, 4, or 2 influences.

Yeah was probably you... Idk I'm from Dallas and its a pretty pretentious city as is ny where you're from right? And yeah lots of t types into fashion from my experience.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Shit maybe it wasn't you then.

Well anyway yeah that's what I was saying...just saying fashion wasn't feelery

Told ya lady.

Yeah was probably you... Idk I'm from Dallas and its a pretty pretentious city as is ny where you're from right? And yeah lots of t types into fashion from my experience.

I've visited Dallas twice. It's a cool city.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No just not as flashy.

Oh, alright!
:)
I read a post on the last page about the difference between So and Sx attitudes, and I do primarily dress in a way that people will be laughing with me, rather than at me. If something I'm wearing is making somebody uncomfortable, and they make me aware that I shouldn't be dressed a certain way for a certain occasion, I will accomadate them within reasonable limits. Of course, I would never act on the voice in my head to tell them to simply "not look if it bothers you!"

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh, alright!
:)
I read a post on the last page about the difference between So and Sx attitudes, and I do primarily dress in a way that people will be laughing with me, rather than at me. If something I'm wearing is making somebody uncomfortable, and they make me aware that I shouldn't be dressed a certain way for a certain occasion, I will accomadate them within reasonable limits. Of course, I would never act on the voice in my head to tell them to simply "not look if it bothers you!"

Are you sure that you're an Fi user? This sounds Fe as fuck.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I always have been a little unsure of if I am Ne-Fi-Te-Si or Ne-Ti-Fe-Si…
I generally lean towards Ne-Fi, as I at least try to do things that keep me feeling well.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I always have been a little unsure of if I am Ne-Fi-Te-Si or Ne-Ti-Fe-Si…
I generally lean towards Ne-Fi, as I at least try to do things that keep me feeling well.

You tend to change yourself in order to please the group and not to offend. This is an Fe thing. Not to mention that I have yet to ever meet an ENFP whom is Sx last.

S

Stansmith

Just sounds like common courtesy. I wouldn't wear a track suit to a funeral.

People don't usually call you out for what you're wearing unless its an obvious formal setting.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You tend to change yourself in order to please the group and not to offend. This is an Fe thing. Not to mention that I have yet to ever meet an ENFP whom is Sx last.

That is learned behavior, really…
I was much more strict about sticking to exactly what I believed when I was younger. If I thought something was wrong with somebody I cared for or somebody was crying, I would ask what was wrong and try to help. I have always enjoyed learning new things and spreading ideas, and I was a courious child. If I hadn't been raised in a brainwashing cult, I think I would have been more to litany and relaxed as a child, as I always have been live and let live in other situations.

I guess I don't see a lot of battles as worth fighting. If I truly believe I should act a certain way, I will and nobody can stop me. I tend to be doubtful of the validity of both logic and morals these days, though…

I guess the doubt makes the E9w1 fix come out in me…

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION]

Go ahead and post a picture of yourself. I wanna see what you look like.

I kinda prefer to avoid posting full pics in the public forum, but I can PM you if you're super curious (I think hairstyle/makeup contributes a lot to the overall vibe).

Hope these torsos will work for now. This is from a beach trip I took with some friends a couple of summers ago. We'd positioned a point-and-shoot camera on a rock, and it started to slide off right as it took the timed picture.

I think it's actually kind of interesting within the context of this thread; each person in this picture has a different dominant instinct.

The guy on the left is an ISFJ 6, sp-dom. The dude on the other side is an ESTJ 3, so-dom. That leaves me in the middle.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ nice example!

It is a Fe thing, but it is also social instinct, and really just common sense to some extent. I don't really see it as changing oneself as much as being aware of how others are likely to react to you if you do certain things, and being aware of that in self-presentation. On the first week of class, for instance, I will probably be early and dress relatively conservative and put-together, because I want to convey my attitude of being a serious student to the professor - not to mention it will help get me into that mindset. Later in the year I'm sure I'll turn up to class in yoga clothes or pajama pants, but that first impression is important to me, especially as a second degree student, as opposed to a fresh-out-of-high-school collegian. I do also want to try to set myself apart, because I am going to be asking for recommendations at the end of the semester. How one dresses can be a tool...

Btw, I have a good friend who I believe is an ENFP So/Sp 9w1. (Not that I have an opinion on Magic Qwan's instinct stacking.) She is shy, friendly, kind of OCD - borderlines xSFJ in behavior - and loves gossip and flirting, but shies from intimacy. She has tested ENFP, and confirms it, but 9w1 and So/Sp is my call.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not sure how to describe how I dress, but summer is my favorite time for fashion. :wubbie: I love all the loose outfits that make me feel liberated. I wear tanks a lot and I only wear tees at the most, but I never like to hide my arms or legs. Jeans and sleeves only make me feel covered up. Winter fashion can be fun but it's so many layers that I feel suffocated. :( I need to show some skin lol.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That is learned behavior, really…
I was much more strict about sticking to exactly what I believed when I was younger. If I thought something was wrong with somebody I cared for or somebody was crying, I would ask what was wrong and try to help. I have always enjoyed learning new things and spreading ideas, and I was a courious child. If I hadn't been raised in a brainwashing cult, I think I would have been more to litany and relaxed as a child, as I always have been live and let live in other situations.

I guess I don't see a lot of battles as worth fighting. If I truly believe I should act a certain way, I will and nobody can stop me. I tend to be doubtful of the validity of both logic and morals these days, though…

I guess the doubt makes the E9w1 fix come out in me…

Yeah, it probably is more related to the 9w1 fix now that I think about it. The interesting thing is that I almost never do this to appease others. I only do this to not lose people close to me and not offend them to much, and I do this in order to gain social contacts in order to help me in college and to further advance my career.

I kinda prefer to avoid posting full pics in the public forum, but I can PM you if you're super curious (I think hairstyle/makeup contributes a lot to the overall vibe).

Hope these torsos will work for now. This is from a beach trip I took with some friends a couple of summers ago. We'd positioned a point-and-shoot camera on a rock, and it started to slide off right as it took the timed picture.

I think it's actually kind of interesting within the context of this thread; each person in this picture has a different dominant instinct.

The guy on the left is an ISFJ 6, sp-dom. The dude on the other side is an ESTJ 3, so-dom. That leaves me in the middle.

Yeah I don't know why on earth you would be afraid to post a picture of yourself because you look like you are an absolutely beautiful girl with a very well taken care of body. Also you do tend to dress in the classic sx/sp "Hot Topic" style, as you say. Please do send me the head shot of the pic as well, because you have me very curious. Finally, your ISFJ friend looks like he is a sp/so 6w7. Am I wrong?

^ nice example!

It is a Fe thing, but it is also social instinct, and really just common sense to some extent. I don't really see it as changing oneself as much as being aware of how others are likely to react to you if you do certain things, and being aware of that in self-presentation. On the first week of class, for instance, I will probably be early and dress relatively conservative and put-together, because I want to convey my attitude of being a serious student to the professor - not to mention it will help get me into that mindset. Later in the year I'm sure I'll turn up to class in yoga clothes or pajama pants, but that first impression is important to me, especially as a second degree student, as opposed to a fresh-out-of-high-school collegian. I do also want to try to set myself apart, because I am going to be asking for recommendations at the end of the semester. How one dresses can be a tool...

Btw, I have a good friend who I believe is an ENFP So/Sp 9w1. (Not that I have an opinion on Magic Qwan's instinct stacking.) She is shy, friendly, kind of OCD - borderlines xSFJ in behavior - and loves gossip and flirting, but shies from intimacy. She has tested ENFP, and confirms it, but 9w1 and So/Sp is my call.

Wow, I never do this kind of shit to fit in. I guess I just don't give a damn about it. Why do you do it? To get ahead maybe? To be popular? Seriously, why do you do it?

Also, yeah I believe that there are ENFP so/sp out there, they are just VERY rare.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I don't know why on earth you would be afraid to post a picture of yourself because you look like you are an absolutely beautiful girl with a very well taken care of body. Also you do tend to dress in the classic sx/sp "Hot Topic" style, as you say. Please do send me the head shot of the pic as well, because you have me very curious. Finally, your ISFJ friend looks like he is a sp/so 6w7. Am I wrong?

Thanks! Yeah...because of the boots (which I wear all the time) and because of the fishnets (a far less regular occurrence), people sometimes like to toss out words like "goth" and "emo." I wear whatever I like as long as it reflects me in some way, and that tends to vary widely. I was hesitant to post the pic because it's such an incomplete image of who I am, but it still got the point across and conveniently had the heads chopped off already. ;)

But yeah. It's a thing. I could be wearing distressed jeans, Mardi Gras beads (my new favorite, apparently), and a fitted t-shirt featuring my favorite team's logo, but as long as those boots are there, people gotta whip out the ol' goth card. My personality is anything but! :dry: Haha, oh, well. Anyway, if you're expecting me to look like this girl...

images

...you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

I do believe he's sp/so, 6w7, yes. I used to think he was 6w5, but it's more probable that his wings are considerably more balanced than I'm used to seeing in people.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just sounds like common courtesy. I wouldn't wear a track suit to a funeral.

People don't usually call you out for what you're wearing unless its an obvious formal setting.

Exactly…
Of course, public schools where I live (Louisiana) have a strict dress code where everyone wears khaki pants, a white polo, black shoes, and a brown belt. No hats, braces, facial hair or jewelry are allowed. Shirts must be tucked in at all times or you get detention. Chewing gum will get you detention, as well. Glasses must have black frames. If your hair is dyed, it must be a natural hair color.

For females, the rules are the same, except pants are replaced with skorts.

This dress code has been statewide school policy since 1998.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No braces?!

No. Only the ones ones on your teeth are ok if you start school with them and they can't have special coloring. Dental grills, fake braces, and retainers aren't allowed in school.

As a disambigition, braces here refer to suspenders. We call them suspenders here, too…
…but I heard that internationally, suspenders are called braces.

Word games are fun…
…more fun than just straight to the point, anyway…

Anyway, I don't trick people very often, but practical jokes are still good as a rare treat…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Only the ones ones on your teeth are ok if you start school with them and they can't have special coloring. Dental grills, fake braces, and retainers aren't allowed in school.

As a disambigition, braces here refer to suspenders. We call them suspenders here, too…
…but I heard that internationally, suspenders are called braces.

Word games are fun…
…more fun than just straight to the point, anyway…

Anyway, I don't trick people very often, but practical jokes are still good as a rare treat…
…so long as nobody is hurt and everyone mutually can laugh…

I used to be funny…