User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 113

  1. #101
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    And I want an excuse to post this:

    Yeah you are either a core 3w4 or have a strong 3w4 fix. This is but yet another really 3w4ish outfit.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Because it makes me personally happy to fulfill an archetype that I envision based on my own ideals and gathered imagery.



    Personally, fictional literature and art, mostly. Mixed with some life experience. People whose style I admire, usually people I know personally, not celebrities or popular figures.

    As for the message, it's more self-expression, a flowing out of who I am and who I want to be. I like to tailor to the place because I like to feel a part of the energy of the place and become one with that energy, just like I'll dress differently for a blazing sunny day than an overcast or rainy day.
    I guess this is just something strange about social doms that I just plain don't understand.

  2. #102
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    What i wear on a given day around people:

    black shirt
    blue jeans
    brown boots
    brown belt
    buzzcut
    stubble
    no tats
    no flash
    no jewelery
    But i dress up the details just a bit, clothing that fits well, is generally clean.
    If i really wanted to blend in, then i'd wear baggier jeans and looser shirts. Then i'm nobody at all.
    Sp/Sx with weak Sx imo
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #103
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I guess this is just something strange about social doms that I just plain don't understand.
    Perhaps so. I think this is also very N-Fi affected, FWIW. Feeling the "inner core" of a situation, etc.

  4. #104
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Because it makes me personally happy to fulfill an archetype that I envision based on my own ideals and gathered imagery.



    Personally, fictional literature and art, mostly. Mixed with some life experience. People whose style I admire, usually people I know personally, not celebrities or popular figures.

    As for the message, it's more self-expression, a flowing out of who I am and who I want to be. I like to tailor to the place because I like to feel a part of the energy of the place and become one with that energy, just like I'll dress differently for a blazing sunny day than an overcast or rainy day.
    COMPLETELY agree with the bolded.

    The place/energy thing is very interesting to me, though. What would be an example of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I guess this is just something strange about social doms that I just plain don't understand.
    Ah well. I feel like it's been explained just about as well as it can be explained? But maybe not.

    *emphatic shrug*
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #105
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    COMPLETELY agree with the bolded.

    The place/energy thing is very interesting to me, though. What would be an example of that?
    Glad it resonates with you too!

    Like wearing nautical-y clothes at the beach... something light and airy on a beachy morning... wearing a sleek black dress on a Saturday night... wrapping up in oatmeal-colored knit sweaters in autumn... pine greens or rich scarlet at Christmas... an oxford and a plaid skirt at a university... curled up under a heavy heated blanket when it's snowing... long flowing skirts in my favorite hippie-ish city... and so on... "matching" the environment, sort of.

  6. #106
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Glad it resonates with you too!

    Like wearing nautical-y clothes at the beach... something light and airy on a beachy morning... wearing a sleek black dress on a Saturday night... wrapping up in oatmeal-colored knit sweaters in autumn... pine greens or rich scarlet at Christmas... an oxford and a plaid skirt at a university... curled up under a heavy heated blanket when it's snowing... long flowing skirts in my favorite hippie-ish city... and so on... "matching" the environment, sort of.
    Ah! Then yes, I absolutely agree, and I'm the same in that regard too. I think it was the NF-y "energy" language that threw me off.

    (Though I love the language and imagery of the above quote )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #107
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ah! Then yes, I absolutely agree, and I'm the same in that regard too. I think it was the NF-y "energy" language that threw me off.

    (Though I love the language and imagery of the above quote )
    Oopsie And thank you!!

  8. #108
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    @skylights @EJCC

    Aside: When people say to me that an I, an Fi user, etc, etc, etc wouldn't use all those smilies...

    ...I think they're wrong. It's an so thing!
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  9. #109
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    @skylights @EJCC

    Aside: When people say to me that an I, an Fi user, etc, etc, etc wouldn't use all those smilies...

    ...I think they're wrong. It's an so thing!
    I think it's an sp-last thing, maybe. Or at least, an emotive person thing. After all, the king of smileys on this forum is an sx/so extrovert; I've met him in person and he emotes on as large a scale in real life as his smiley usage would lead you to believe!

    As for me, I try to use smileys to clarify that I don't mean everything seriously -- coordinating my smileys to roughly the mood that I would be exuding if I were talking to you in person. But when I'm ACTUALLY being serious, the smileys disappear.

    Edit: It's worth noting that I've been told by forum friends that I come across just the same in real life as on the forum -- so I must be doing something right!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #110
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    As for me, I try to use smileys to clarify that I don't mean everything seriously -- coordinating my smileys to roughly the mood that I would be exuding if I were talking to you in person. But when I'm ACTUALLY being serious, the smileys disappear.
    Yeah. I'm a visual thinker, too. Pictograms are easy to use in light contexts, but even where none may tread, I still tend to use punctuation, syntax and organization in a way that imitates the seen face and the sounds it makes.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Similar Threads

  1. [sx] Sx doms and a deep hatred for porn
    By The Great One in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-22-2015, 06:44 PM
  2. [ENTP] Sx dom ENTP's: How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP?
    By The Great One in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 09:09 PM
  3. [sx] Sx doms and people with strong sx + being around people that you don't like
    By The Great One in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 05:56 PM
  4. [sx] Sx-doms and Limerence
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 07:17 PM
  5. [sx] Two types of Sx doms
    By Elfboy in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 04:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO