User Tag List

First 123 Last

I am a social 4w3. I wouldn't say I am a comforist, but I for sure care more what other's think about my look, or behavior and my need to be accepted by others holds me back from doing a lot of crazy expressive things as usual 4 would do. But my needs for attention and appreciation make me be more expressive with my style and outside look, or behavior. It's like the combination of originality and staying true with socially accepted outcomes.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Thanks Brainheart.

I think I am more SO than SX. But I'm positive I used to be SX and then woke up one day SO.

Would Social 4's still have a degree a the SX tension? I am definitely aware of chemistry between myself and others and will either feed on it or feel uncomfortable if the sexual tension isn't also felt on my end. This even goes for people I have no interest in dating whatsoever. I recall reading somewhere once about how SX types tend to pick out one person in the crowd that they see as their audience. Whereas SO types don't.
    I think you should read the stuff that @skylights has been writing about being a so/sx. It's pretty enlightening.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I feel like I can relate to all three though. I definitely have SP in my instincts. I'm very concerned with my comfort. Having a cozy home. Food in my fridge. Blankets when I'm cold. An umbrella or raincoat in preparation of rain. I've been told I'm demanding, due to my concern with ensuring my own comfort.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I don't know that I'm stereotypical. I'm not sure what four would claim to be anything stereotypical. I'm not obsessed with social media (but I am facinated on its effect on broader culture) or keeping in contact with everybody I've ever encountered. I'm not the hub of some network of friends. I think for being an introvert and being reserved, I'm social because I'm keenly aware of social dynamics and human relationships, and I feel driven to try to find security through these channels. I have a strong tendency to isolate, maybe because of the social core of shame, maybe a deep fear that I'm unworthy of love, but when I feel secure and cared about in a group, I am much healthier and happier. If you believe in the syn/contra-flow theory, I definitely relate to being in the syn-flow, so I don't have the four drive to rebel, or try to stand out for its own sake, but I definitely feel the weight of that feeling of being an outsider. I believe that my mind and thought processes differntiate themselves, and for those that take the time to discover that, it shall speak for itself, so I don't feel highly compelled to outwardly identify myself as being different. This may sound contradictary, but I do feel a strong desire to have my own personal style and cultivate my inner world and staying true to that genuine place and making sense of it in a broader sense of humanity is part of what I think keeps me in the individualist four category. This may not help, but I'm rarely able to speak to enneagram issues with much authority, this is merely my personal experience.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

a better feel for marketing, of moving through social channels rather than against them. at times so/sx types do get so caught up in the performance that it's easy for them to hide their true selves, which can lead to a kind of explosive meltdown of all kinds of stuff and really unleash the obvious 4ness (like the record cover on my avatar!) that is deeply existential in nature and so fundamentally uncertain of its value that it continually threatens to decisively abandon itself.

cue the david dondero cover/adaptation of "this world is not my home."

Stansmith

A couple of So/Sx 4w3s

They seem more 'relatable' and light externally than other Fours I've seen. With Sx and Sp 4w3s you get the vibe that they'll shun you at any moment. Obviously, its a laughably small sample, but interesting nonetheless.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    This sounds like a job for @ayoitsStepho.
    I have been summoned.

Let's see. I think the mix of being an SO and a 4w3 can get confusing for me sometimes. I'm fully aware of who wears the pants and who cleans those pants in just about any situation. That being said, because I know this, my mind tries to figure out how they got there, what to do and what not to do. The conflict comes with using that information for my benefit but not being a part of the system- kind of like a spy. I understand the workings in the system and can get "in" with people if need be, but I'm a 4, an individual, and ultimately I feel as if the system doesn't have me. Does that make any sense?

It's a constant back and forth fight to understand people, but also be understood. Can't always have both.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I have been summoned.

Let's see. I think the mix of being an SO and a 4w3 can get confusing for me sometimes. I'm fully aware of who wears the pants and who cleans those pants in just about any situation. That being said, because I know this, my mind tries to figure out how they got there, what to do and what not to do. The conflict comes with using that information for my benefit but not being a part of the system- kind of like a spy. I understand the workings in the system and can get "in" with people if need be, but I'm a 4, an individual, and ultimately I feel as if the system doesn't have me. Does that make any sense?

It's a constant back and forth fight to understand people, but also be understood. Can't always have both.
    Oh this! I can totaly relate, I do exactly the same! I can fit in some group if I want to, because I can understand what does the group like, or need, but never at the expanse of my individuality. I am a part of the system, but yet I am not...

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Oh this! I can totaly relate, I do exactly the same! I can fit in some group if I want to, because I can understand what does the group like, or need, but never at the expanse of my individuality. I am a part of the system, but yet I am not...
    Do you also find it easy to get along with most people? It's really easy for me to jump from group to group and never really "belong". Sure everyone knows of me, but nobody actually knows me. I don't have anyone that makes me a priority because I actually don't completely belong, I just pretend really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Do you also find it easy to get along with most people? It's really easy for me to jump from group to group and never really "belong". Sure everyone knows of me, but nobody actually knows me. I don't have anyone that makes me a priority because I actually don't completely belong, I just pretend really well.
    This is exactly my case, but it took some time for me to develope this kind of getting along with others. When I was at highschool was an outsider, because I didn't feel like I want to belong to this group of people and I was very inidividualistic. Only latter, when I am at college I actually realized that I can use my ability to understand groups and people to get along with them and I don't necessarily need to belong. It's great at one side, that you can really talk with anyone, but it also leaves you kind of lonely because you don't get people that chance to really know you...Sometimes I have this urge to just complety be who I really am regardless on anyone, but then it's actually easier to leave things that way.. I think this creates such a tension between the 4 core and social instinct. Also the 3 wing multiply it.