• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Questions on Sx/So's

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
According to some descriptions I've read, including THIS ONE, Sx/So's supposedly have the most "sexual energy" and can even be "prone to exhibitionism."

My questions are as follow:
1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?" I'd rather have objective observations instead of opinions of what's going through their minds.
2. Sx/So's, Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?
3. Sx/So's, What kind of music do you listen to?
4. everyone else, What are your perceptions of Sx/So's?

any other thoughts on the subject?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'll answer my questions first:

1. From what I gather, it seems like sx/so's are sensual people. The kind of people who writhe and run their hands along their bodies and bare their teeth. As a dude, I've had several people in my life question my sexuality for reasons I don't understand, but would like to.
2. The reason I asked this was because I feel like who I naturally am was somewhat constrained by my incredibly conservative parents. my parents are ESTJ and INTJ, so if that gives you any indication as to how conservative they are, yeah. The way I naturally dress seems to not be something most people are not comfortable with, as I tend to wear a lot of very form fitting and sleek clothing that shows off my features. I used to wear baggy pants and stuff that didn't show off any of my features. At some point around college I "let go" and now I wear whatever the heck I want.
3. Chillout lounge, trance, ambient
4. as far as I can tell, sx/so's seem to have a sort of fire/ice high contrast appearance.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?" I'd rather have objective observations instead of opinions of what's going through their minds.

How do we define exhibitionism, in this case? I sense that you mean something other than the conventional definition, but Im not sure.

2. Sx/So's, Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?

My parents aerent that conservative. People aerent typically uncomfortable by my behaviors.

EBM, old industrial, new wave, hard rock, metal, some classical.

Any other thoughts on the subject?

Gilly had some good insights on this subject, he typed me as a sx/so and is skilled at enneagram in general, I think. I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Gilly had some good insights on this subject, he typed me as a sx/so and is skilled at enneagram in general, I think. I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.

Ha, interesting. As far as "bleeding" goes, I only identify with that in the sense that I cannot hide my emotions at all. They show at all times. Is that what you mean? When I'm emotional, I have to leave the room because I feel like I always have my hand on the volume control to the emotion in whatever room I'm in.

As far as gilly and enneagram, he thinks I'm a 3, which I disagree with but can kinda see in some respects. He's also from typewatch where no one is allowed to be an 8, so, that being what it is.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, interesting. As far as "bleeding" goes, I only identify with that in the sense that I cannot hide my emotions at all. They show at all times. Is that what you mean? When I'm emotional, I have to leave the room because I feel like I always have my hand on the volume control to the emotion in whatever room I'm in.

As far as gilly and enneagram, he thinks I'm a 3, which I disagree with but can kinda see in some respects. He's also from typewatch where no one is allowed to be an 8, so, that being what it is.

You think Gilly is an 8? He might be a 7w6 IMO.

I never thought of it like that, but I guess thats what I mean. I cant hide my emotions either, they show.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
You think Gilly is an 8? He might be a 7w6 IMO.

I never thought of it like that, but I guess thats what I mean. I cant hide my emotions either, they show.

nono, I don't think he's an 8. I mean, its possible, but I highly doubt it.

I don't trust his enneagram typing, simply because he's from typewatch, which is full of wierdos and being an 8 is against the rules unless you're in charge of the website, lmao.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I think what [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] said in a thread you started some time ago may answer this (I actually have this quote bookmarked because it rang so true for me):

That's not what sx/so means, it just means you live with intensity and passion. I relate to not comprehending why people live small, or don't just go for what they want, and yes I make things happen, but when you live in the "god-realm" basically all it means is that you thrive on others and have a knack for radiating some kind of energy, intensely, outwardly, that draws them in...either sexually or emotionally or intellectually, but to some people, you will be just as offensive as you are attractive.

I think this is why we often suffer from coming off too strong. We lay all our cards on the table, it's all or nothing. If you sparked our interest, you'll know you've sparked it. We make things happen and try to draw people in in all sorts of ways. That intense energy is what makes us seem like exhibitionists.

My ENFJ mom is conservative when it comes to self-expression. It's her Fe vs. my Fi. I want to do things to capture my true self while she is more concerned whether or not I'm doing things or looking properly by society's standards. My dad is conservative in the political sense, but what's proper doesn't really concern him. He was a bit uncomfortable with the gay thing at first, but he's getting better. However he's all about being self-disciplined which is something I am certainly not. I think sometimes he can't comprehend why something so simple to him can be such a rain on my parade.

I like very powerful, intense singers. Kelly Clarkson, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, etc. Really strong female vocalists. I love the passion you can hear in their voice and how emotional their songs can be. :wubbie:

I am not everyone else! :D

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to some descriptions I've read, including THIS ONE, Sx/So's supposedly have the most "sexual energy" and can even be "prone to exhibitionism."

Oh...that thing. I know the one. Yes, I actually have trouble typing as sx/soc based on most of what I read about it. I'll elaborate below:

- First, I'm a 4w5, so I don't think of myself as being "exhibitionistic", "in your face", "exuding raw charisma" and whatnot.
- Second, I don't know any other sx/soc's IRL, so it's a bit hard for me to give you my objective observations.
- Last, I can see how I could be perceived as exhibitionistic--

• I'm not afraid to dress in random-ass costumes and walk around town--FOR FUN
  • I share the most outlandish stories and personal information about myself--FOR FUN
  • I dream of being a stage actor or performance artist--FOR FUN
  • I keep a blog where I just sort of narcissistically keep a record of my daily events and promote it on other websites
  • I'd like to express myself publicly, become famous, and do important things in the world
As a 4w5 I'm kinda shy and withdrawn--one of those socially-anxious "shadow on the wall" folks. But I guess I have my own way of drawing attention to myself.

Nah, my parents were these broad-minded INFP 9w1s. But, I do know people can take offense to me for the things I say--IRL or online. Generally, I'm not sure what I've done that's offensive. This may or may not be sx/soc related. 4w5s can have a similar propensity for saying what others dare not; 8s can be the same way. I've been blaming it on my type and tritype, actually.

Soundtracks. I love creating stories in my mind with the music.

Plus random amounts of whatever else--there's good music in every genre, and I try to appreciate that fact.

4. What are your perceptions of Sx/So's?
Honestly, I thought sx/soc's were these crazy, over-sexed, over-the-top people 24/7 based on what I've read about the stacking. They sound like charismatic beasts who hold the world at their command and perform on the streetside to raise awareness about human sexuality or something.

I didn't think I could POSSIBLY be that stacking.

Mind you, I've never met anyone who fits the sx/soc description IRL, so I've obviously formed a caricature in my head. Going by my motivations and social role, I appear to be sx/soc.

EDIT: Ah. Also, I don't think of myself as having "raw sexual energy" or whatever. Due to some earlier shit in my life, I've sort of got the "warped" version of sx-first, meaning I'm highly rejecting and anti-sexual. Most people who know me think I'm an uptight prude.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.

...I'm a little uncertain of my stacking, especially after reading this thread. I think I'm sx/sp, but these descriptions resonate more than a little bit. DJ Arendee, there was a comment you made in another thread recently, too - about sx/sp eyes having an earthy, gritty essence. I don't think mine do. (I posted a pic of them somewhere around here, now I'd actually be curious for your take on their instinctual vibe.)

I do have exhibitionist tendencies, I usually feel like performing in some manner, and I'm sure my behaviors have made people uncomfortable many, many times.

Well, damnit.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to answer these questions from perspective to provide some means of comparison

1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?"
as an Sx/Sp, I'm already pretty exhibitionist. I love attention, I love to stir things up and I love experiences full of fiery passion and drama....but the Sp holds me back a bit (along with the 6 wing :p ). Sp support brings more of a sense of groundedness, focus on competency and awareness of cause/effect and consequences that Sx/So's seem oblivious to. additionally, it brings more of a sense of privacy/wanting to keep to yourself and your own.

on the other hand, secondary Social instinct is more expansive and taking notice of/interest in that which is outside of the self; the outside world as opposed to my world. with the sense of alertness, groundedness and awareness of danger gone, Sx/So is the "Sex Drugs and Rock n' Roll" variant of the Enneagram. they have less boundaries than Sx/Sp and stronger union with whichever community they are a part of (though they typically demand a central role in whatever structure they affiliate with).

as far as energy goes, Sx/So is like a blazing, untamed wildfire while Sx/Sp is like a geyser, a pressurized bundle of energy contained by the earth (self preservation) but waiting to erupt in a furious stream of concentrated energy. Sx/Sos swing from hot/cold while Sx/Sps swing from attention grabbing, bold and expansive to withdrawn, private and perhaps more professional/formal (some days I look very similar to Sx/So, but I can just as easily swing into a more professional Sp/So demeanor or go weeks in a reclusive, Sp/Sx-ish state)

2. Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?
my parents are both Sp/So (ESFJ 2w1 and INFJ 9w1) and they aren't comfortable with it at all, tending to view me as "too much" or "inappropriate". I can't talk to them about anything romantic or risque and they pretty much view me as a drama queen (which is unfair because my mother is WAY more emotionally neurotic than me and I think I do a decent job controlling the torrent of Sx)

3. What kind of music do you listen to?
- opera
- trance/house/eurodance etc
- soundtracks from anime, movies and video games (some of the most underrated shit ever, but I'll spare you the hipster speel

overall, I like fiery, epic, dramatic music that leaves me feel like I'm full. there's nothing wrong with people liking what's on the radio, but it's just too damn light for me. listening to music with dramatic, vibrant energy is like being starving for a full course meal and being given a short bread cookie (it may or may not be sweet, but it's dry and leaves you hungry). I like music that is heroic, regal and commands authority. too much of modern music. in terms of lyrics, I don't care much about them and usually ignore them completely. it's all about music with a strong melody, elegant harmony and something that captures a certain vibe I relate to.

I like them when I'm in the mood for them, but they fucking drain me and I can't stand their hot/cold shit they pull with their emotions (I know it's a cliche by this point, but seriously, they do this big time and it gets on nerves). more mature ones are a joy, but less mature ones make me want to fucking strangle them.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
...I'm a little uncertain of my stacking, especially after reading this thread. I think I'm sx/sp, but these descriptions resonate more than a little bit. DJ Arendee, there was a comment you made in another thread recently, too - about sx/sp eyes having an earthy, gritty essence. I don't think mine do. (I posted a pic of them somewhere around here, now I'd actually be curious for your take on their instinctual vibe.)

I do have exhibitionist tendencies, I usually feel like performing in some manner, and I'm sure my behaviors have made people uncomfortable many, many times.

Well, damnit.

Well, I've often read that ENFJ's (for some reason I am under the impression you're a socionics EIE (ENFj)) have difficulty hiding their opinions and emotions as well.

I'd be curious to see your photo though. I don't know where it is, you'll have to link it.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] writes is also very relatable. I don't need people the way I imagine an sx/so would, and I can contain myself when I have to. A lot of people, when first meeting me, often complain that I'm very standoffish and aloof. After they get to know me, some have even described me as mellow and laid-back, in spite of the fact that I never feel that way in my own head.

Once I decide to switch my energy on, though...it's on. I'm either the girl everyone spills their guts to, or the girl they want to have a good time with. Maybe both.

Anyway, this topic isn't about me.

[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], I'll probs PM you so as not to derail the thread.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

See my answer here.

I don't showcase my sx behaviors to my parents. Though my father warned me about the 'dangers of obsession' (he is type 1 lol) and general sx behaviors, when I asked my family for input on my type, and I explained the subtypes to them.

Ehhh, really, it differs. Whatever I like I guess. Lately I have been very drawn to Bollywood music because they are often a mix of sx + Fi/heart type focus.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

positive and negative instinct identification can be relevant (and it can change too of course) as negatively identified sx as you can imagine might not give off "sexual energy" in the sense that they don't feel attractive. I don't like the connotation of "frigidity" as in it need not mean they are literally frigid, but the energy or aura can manifest that way still
instinctively I think it's easy to understand why someone whose dominant instinct is sx, and they feel they are undesirable, might suppress how much sx means to them, might suppress that attractive sx energy at times because they don't think that's them.

(not to mention too many descriptions are infused to the point of being obnoxiously "self-masturbatory" with se and fe descriptions; it's fine if it works for you...I have no problem with that, but that kind of seeking to influence others, deliberately alluring aura I associate with Fe and Se too. Sx mids specially I can imagine exploit that if they choose to. EII is not that concerned with influencing the world either emotionally (Fe) or through force (Se). By emotional influence I mean specifically what Fe connotes in Socionics; 4s for instance can be "seek to influence emotionally" in a different way).

sx.so is exhibitionistic...hmm online I guess I come across more so (metaphorically speaking) because it's online but I don't personally see myself as exhibitionistic. but speaking generally, assuming good health level, sx/so can be exhibitionistic in the sense of it almost looks like they are ignoring Soc for the Sx (property of their contraflow traits), so once they are vitalized and energized by something - be it a topic, person, etc. they can consciously and subconsciously (I guess in the eyes of Soc dom types or SX last types, at times almost "shamelessly") send that broadcast out into the world. They become one with it.

my parents don't seem to get uncomfortable with my behaviors and my whole family basically reacted with "no duh that's you, of course its you" lol when I explained the sx dom profile to them
erm...music, it varies

~Alissia~

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do we define exhibitionism, in this case? I sense that you mean something other than the conventional definition, but Im not sure.

My parents aerent that conservative. People aerent typically uncomfortable by my behaviors.

EBM, old industrial, new wave, hard rock, metal, some classical.

The open wound theory seems accurate af. I definetly relate...it's like bearing my soul while not giving a sh*t...all at the same time for me

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Everyone wants to be Sx/So and yet the odds of mistyping oneself as such are so high that I would bet $50 that each of you who types that way is wrong, and I'm confident I would come out ahead in profit. I think very few people on this forum are actually Sx/So.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone wants to be Sx/So and yet the odds of mistyping oneself as such are so high that I would bet $50 that each of you who types that way is wrong, and I'm confident I would come out ahead in profit. I think very few people on this forum are actually Sx/So.
It used to be that sx/sp was the stacking everyone typed as. You were expected to type with soc higher in your stacking if asking for typing assistance because there are "no real sx/sps on these forums". Shrug.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It used to be that sx/sp was the stacking everyone typed as. You were expected to type with soc higher in your stacking if asking for typing assistance because there are "no real sx/sps on these forums". Shrug.

I think I've only seen 2 or 3 people list sx/so as their type here, so I don't think it's a big trend to type that way.

In fact, I think it's pretty cool that lately it feels like most people here list what they either think their type is, or a complete joke type, and not just what type they think it would be cool to be.

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll answer as honestly as I can

1. While I havent done any exhibisionism not I like the idea actually,I think it has to be with wanting to be seen by many ,to have groups of people into you,or at the very least feelings strong things about you.I personally really like the idea of being noticed by others,for that reason I try to post art on social media and stuff and I try to make it very honest,because I want to feel like people are looking inside of me,like they're devouring me.This may be related.
2. Both of my parents are very conservative and most peope I meet tell me that I'm from weird to extremely abrasive,but some people seem to really like me.
3. I listen to a bit of everything,I know this answer is very generic but I dont know how else to answer.I really like a song by Jarboe called yumyab,I like music that I feel is intense and honest,and music that feels like its lying to me causes me disgust.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

1. my guess re-exhibitionism is seduction. seducing a room...or those in a room. simply for the buzz of it.
2. i would say that neither are/ were ever very conservative but i would say my perception of my mother was that she was reserved/private.
3. i like all the kinds of music. typically with deep feeling or mood/vibe. love bluesy, singer songwriter, folk, dancey/trancey/house, indie, sensual ambient

Last edited: