User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Questions on Sx/So's

According to some descriptions I've read, including THIS ONE, Sx/So's supposedly have the most "sexual energy" and can even be "prone to exhibitionism."

My questions are as follow:
    1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?" I'd rather have objective observations instead of opinions of what's going through their minds.
    2. Sx/So's, Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?
    3. Sx/So's, What kind of music do you listen to?
    4. everyone else, What are your perceptions of Sx/So's?

any other thoughts on the subject?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'll answer my questions first:

1. From what I gather, it seems like sx/so's are sensual people. The kind of people who writhe and run their hands along their bodies and bare their teeth. As a dude, I've had several people in my life question my sexuality for reasons I don't understand, but would like to.
    2. The reason I asked this was because I feel like who I naturally am was somewhat constrained by my incredibly conservative parents. my parents are ESTJ and INTJ, so if that gives you any indication as to how conservative they are, yeah. The way I naturally dress seems to not be something most people are not comfortable with, as I tend to wear a lot of very form fitting and sleek clothing that shows off my features. I used to wear baggy pants and stuff that didn't show off any of my features. At some point around college I "let go" and now I wear whatever the heck I want.
    3. Chillout lounge, trance, ambient

4. as far as I can tell, sx/so's seem to have a sort of fire/ice high contrast appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post

1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?" I'd rather have objective observations instead of opinions of what's going through their minds.
    How do we define exhibitionism, in this case? I sense that you mean something other than the conventional definition, but Im not sure.

2. Sx/So's, Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?
    My parents aerent that conservative. People aerent typically uncomfortable by my behaviors.

EBM, old industrial, new wave, hard rock, metal, some classical.

Any other thoughts on the subject?
    Gilly had some good insights on this subject, he typed me as a sx/so and is skilled at enneagram in general, I think. I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Gilly had some good insights on this subject, he typed me as a sx/so and is skilled at enneagram in general, I think. I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.
    Ha, interesting. As far as "bleeding" goes, I only identify with that in the sense that I cannot hide my emotions at all. They show at all times. Is that what you mean? When I'm emotional, I have to leave the room because I feel like I always have my hand on the volume control to the emotion in whatever room I'm in.

As far as gilly and enneagram, he thinks I'm a 3, which I disagree with but can kinda see in some respects. He's also from typewatch where no one is allowed to be an 8, so, that being what it is.

Ha, interesting. As far as "bleeding" goes, I only identify with that in the sense that I cannot hide my emotions at all. They show at all times. Is that what you mean? When I'm emotional, I have to leave the room because I feel like I always have my hand on the volume control to the emotion in whatever room I'm in.

As far as gilly and enneagram, he thinks I'm a 3, which I disagree with but can kinda see in some respects. He's also from typewatch where no one is allowed to be an 8, so, that being what it is.
    You think Gilly is an 8? He might be a 7w6 IMO.

I never thought of it like that, but I guess thats what I mean. I cant hide my emotions either, they show.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

You think Gilly is an 8? He might be a 7w6 IMO.

I never thought of it like that, but I guess thats what I mean. I cant hide my emotions either, they show.
    nono, I don't think he's an 8. I mean, its possible, but I highly doubt it.

I don't trust his enneagram typing, simply because he's from typewatch, which is full of wierdos and being an 8 is against the rules unless you're in charge of the website, lmao.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think what @Marmotini said in a thread you started some time ago may answer this (I actually have this quote bookmarked because it rang so true for me):

That's not what sx/so means, it just means you live with intensity and passion. I relate to not comprehending why people live small, or don't just go for what they want, and yes I make things happen, but when you live in the "god-realm" basically all it means is that you thrive on others and have a knack for radiating some kind of energy, intensely, outwardly, that draws them in...either sexually or emotionally or intellectually, but to some people, you will be just as offensive as you are attractive.
    I think this is why we often suffer from coming off too strong. We lay all our cards on the table, it's all or nothing. If you sparked our interest, you'll know you've sparked it. We make things happen and try to draw people in in all sorts of ways. That intense energy is what makes us seem like exhibitionists.

My ENFJ mom is conservative when it comes to self-expression. It's her Fe vs. my Fi. I want to do things to capture my true self while she is more concerned whether or not I'm doing things or looking properly by society's standards. My dad is conservative in the political sense, but what's proper doesn't really concern him. He was a bit uncomfortable with the gay thing at first, but he's getting better. However he's all about being self-disciplined which is something I am certainly not. I think sometimes he can't comprehend why something so simple to him can be such a rain on my parade.

I like very powerful, intense singers. Kelly Clarkson, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, etc. Really strong female vocalists. I love the passion you can hear in their voice and how emotional their songs can be.

I am not everyone else!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

According to some descriptions I've read, including THIS ONE, Sx/So's supposedly have the most "sexual energy" and can even be "prone to exhibitionism."
    Oh...that thing. I know the one. Yes, I actually have trouble typing as sx/soc based on most of what I read about it. I'll elaborate below:

- First, I'm a 4w5, so I don't think of myself as being "exhibitionistic", "in your face", "exuding raw charisma" and whatnot.
    - Second, I don't know any other sx/soc's IRL, so it's a bit hard for me to give you my objective observations.
    - Last, I can see how I could be perceived as exhibitionistic--
    • I'm not afraid to dress in random-ass costumes and walk around town--FOR FUN
    • I share the most outlandish stories and personal information about myself--FOR FUN
    • I dream of being a stage actor or performance artist--FOR FUN
    • I keep a blog where I just sort of narcissistically keep a record of my daily events and promote it on other websites
    • I'd like to express myself publicly, become famous, and do important things in the world

As a 4w5 I'm kinda shy and withdrawn--one of those socially-anxious "shadow on the wall" folks. But I guess I have my own way of drawing attention to myself.

Nah, my parents were these broad-minded INFP 9w1s. But, I do know people can take offense to me for the things I say--IRL or online. Generally, I'm not sure what I've done that's offensive. This may or may not be sx/soc related. 4w5s can have a similar propensity for saying what others dare not; 8s can be the same way. I've been blaming it on my type and tritype, actually.

Soundtracks. I love creating stories in my mind with the music.

Plus random amounts of whatever else--there's good music in every genre, and I try to appreciate that fact.

4. What are your perceptions of Sx/So's?
    Honestly, I thought sx/soc's were these crazy, over-sexed, over-the-top people 24/7 based on what I've read about the stacking. They sound like charismatic beasts who hold the world at their command and perform on the streetside to raise awareness about human sexuality or something.

I didn't think I could POSSIBLY be that stacking.

Mind you, I've never met anyone who fits the sx/soc description IRL, so I've obviously formed a caricature in my head. Going by my motivations and social role, I appear to be sx/soc.

EDIT: Ah. Also, I don't think of myself as having "raw sexual energy" or whatever. Due to some earlier shit in my life, I've sort of got the "warped" version of sx-first, meaning I'm highly rejecting and anti-sexual. Most people who know me think I'm an uptight prude.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I thought I was a sx/sp but he insisted I was a sx/so "because sx/so is like an open wound". That view of sx/so appearing as an "open wound" to others is what differentiates it from sx/s, which appears contained and only "bleeds" if it wants to - sx/so bleed emotionally without trying. I know all this stuff about bleeding and wounds sounds too emo, but I find it accurate in my observation of sx/sos.
    ...I'm a little uncertain of my stacking, especially after reading this thread. I think I'm sx/sp, but these descriptions resonate more than a little bit. DJ Arendee, there was a comment you made in another thread recently, too - about sx/sp eyes having an earthy, gritty essence. I don't think mine do. (I posted a pic of them somewhere around here, now I'd actually be curious for your take on their instinctual vibe.)

I do have exhibitionist tendencies, I usually feel like performing in some manner, and I'm sure my behaviors have made people uncomfortable many, many times.

Well, damnit.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm going to answer these questions from perspective to provide some means of comparison

1. As an sx/so, or observer of sx/so's, what do you think makes them seem "exhibitionistic?"
    as an Sx/Sp, I'm already pretty exhibitionist. I love attention, I love to stir things up and I love experiences full of fiery passion and drama....but the Sp holds me back a bit (along with the 6 wing :P ). Sp support brings more of a sense of groundedness, focus on competency and awareness of cause/effect and consequences that Sx/So's seem oblivious to. additionally, it brings more of a sense of privacy/wanting to keep to yourself and your own.

on the other hand, secondary Social instinct is more expansive and taking notice of/interest in that which is outside of the self; the outside world as opposed to my world. with the sense of alertness, groundedness and awareness of danger gone, Sx/So is the "Sex Drugs and Rock n' Roll" variant of the Enneagram. they have less boundaries than Sx/Sp and stronger union with whichever community they are a part of (though they typically demand a central role in whatever structure they affiliate with).

as far as energy goes, Sx/So is like a blazing, untamed wildfire while Sx/Sp is like a geyser, a pressurized bundle of energy contained by the earth (self preservation) but waiting to erupt in a furious stream of concentrated energy. Sx/Sos swing from hot/cold while Sx/Sps swing from attention grabbing, bold and expansive to withdrawn, private and perhaps more professional/formal (some days I look very similar to Sx/So, but I can just as easily swing into a more professional Sp/So demeanor or go weeks in a reclusive, Sp/Sx-ish state)

2. Do any of you have very conservative parents or people get uncomfortable by some of your behaviors?
    my parents are both Sp/So (ESFJ 2w1 and INFJ 9w1) and they aren't comfortable with it at all, tending to view me as "too much" or "inappropriate". I can't talk to them about anything romantic or risque and they pretty much view me as a drama queen (which is unfair because my mother is WAY more emotionally neurotic than me and I think I do a decent job controlling the torrent of Sx)

3. What kind of music do you listen to?
    - opera
    - trance/house/eurodance etc
    - soundtracks from anime, movies and video games (some of the most underrated shit ever, but I'll spare you the hipster speel

overall, I like fiery, epic, dramatic music that leaves me feel like I'm full. there's nothing wrong with people liking what's on the radio, but it's just too damn light for me. listening to music with dramatic, vibrant energy is like being starving for a full course meal and being given a short bread cookie (it may or may not be sweet, but it's dry and leaves you hungry). I like music that is heroic, regal and commands authority. too much of modern music. in terms of lyrics, I don't care much about them and usually ignore them completely. it's all about music with a strong melody, elegant harmony and something that captures a certain vibe I relate to.

I like them when I'm in the mood for them, but they fucking drain me and I can't stand their hot/cold shit they pull with their emotions (I know it's a cliche by this point, but seriously, they do this big time and it gets on nerves). more mature ones are a joy, but less mature ones make me want to fucking strangle them.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire