User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'm ever intimidating to people. I may seem very personal for someone you've just met, but a lot of people find that a good quality. Maybe being ENFP softens us up?
    Yeah for sure we just suck people into our soft squishy land of fi and they feel all understood n stuff

Maybe being intensely scrutinized by someone's ti feels intimidating.

Haha just letting the bs flow... No clue how I feel about any of that
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is probably more relevant to ENFP style SX:

I find often that women (and sometimes men) think that I'm hitting on them, because when I'm interested in someone I get enthusiastic and hyper-focused. Sometimes they get defensive, or sometimes I think they're waiting for me to 'move in' when honestly I'm not thinking that way. I don't even know what I'm thinking, except that I want to know more about someone.

Occasionally I will notice someone awkwardly breaking eye contact with me in conversation. I wonder if that's because I don't stare too intently in some situations. Then I start getting all hyperaware about eyes and it gets more awkward.

In deep moods I brood and it tends to attract attention from strangers.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yeah for sure we just suck people into our soft squishy land of fi and they feel all understood n stuff

Maybe being intensely scrutinized by someone's ti feels intimidating.

Haha just letting the bs flow... No clue how I feel about any of that
    Hmm. Fi doesn't feel squishy and warm when its used on me. Might have to do with its place in aux/dom though.

The thing about Ti is that it judges someone on a subjective level as a logical construct based on objective data. For example, if I meet someone I know, my thought process might actually go something like this:

Clothing: bright colors contrasting black
    Eyes: soft, defensive, nervous
    attraction?: yes/could go either way depending on personality
    Capabilities?: likes to hike, climb mountains, good at pool, takes 3 drinks to get drunk, able to work long hours in boring environments, doesn't have any physical ailments, seems to be in good physical shape
    Sociability?: stays inside most of the time, prefers small groups of friends over large groups of friends, hilarious sense of humor
    Possible Type: ISFx E4/E6
    Judgement?: Possible long term partner. Attraction could increase if I get to know her. Based on nervousness, possible red flags to look out for that prevent successful relationship include nervousness, indecisiveness of feelings, testing behavior. Based on capabilities, she will not be clingy or dependant upon me to take care of herself. Based on sociability, my needs may not be met and I'll have to put forth extra effort to make friends outside of the relationship.
    Red flags to be prepared for: testing behavior, indecisive, unsociable, volatile. Proceed with caution.

She picks up on my analysis and she flips a shit. I'm at the point now where I believe this "shit flipping" is a sign of low self esteem, and isn't worth pursuing, as I believe a healthy person should be proud of who they are or comfortable with it. But even then, I'm starting to believe I'm wrong in this expectation, but to what extent I do not know.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Hmm. Fi doesn't feel squishy and warm when its used on me. Might have to do with its place in aux/dom though.
    Oh I think it can... In a I see you and accept you sort of way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Oh I think it can... In a I see you and accept you sort of way.
    I wonder if the "I see you" part is what pisses me off, cuz its usually wrong, lmao.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I wonder if the "I see you" part is what pisses me off, cuz its usually wrong, lmao.
    Well sure if a fi user doesn't like what they see you'll know it I guess and it would feel the opposite of accepting and comforting

Maybe you unintentionally project something inaccurate?? Idk
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well sure if a fi user doesn't like what they see you'll know it I guess and it would feel the opposite of accepting and comforting

Maybe you unintentionally project something inaccurate?? Idk
    Well I'll give you an example.

A girl once told me, "A lot of people make fun of you. but I think you're the strongest."

Something about that really bugged me. If I'm projecting something, I guess I'm guilty.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well I'll give you an example.

A girl once told me, "A lot of people make fun of you. but I think you're the strongest."

Something about that really bugged me. If I'm projecting something, I guess I'm guilty.
    sorry didn't mean to imply that our perceptions are always accurate.
    i know mine aren't and i know my infp bfs aren't either

and both of us can attest to how annoying it is to be on the receiving end of that.

but...just saying...sometimes people project shit for some odd reason and it's easily misinterpreted.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

sorry didn't mean to imply that our perceptions are always accurate.
    i know mine aren't and i know my infp bfs aren't either

and both of us can attest to how annoying it is to be on the receiving end of that.

but...just saying...sometimes people project shit for some odd reason and it's easily misinterpreted.
    Ah, gotcha.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

What makes you think sx/so's avoid eye contact? Is there an article that talks about this or is this just your observations? I mean, I avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I'm not exactly sure when this trend started or what caused it.
    article? you do realize, im not a Te.

its an observation ive noticed every sx so to do as their healthy norm.

sometimes im really out of touch with myself, and i cant pick anything from others, even if i look them in the eyes, they stay a complete mystery.
    it just makes me all frustrated because i dont know whats wrong.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.