• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Enneagram sx doms: How do you feel when you aren't sexually desirable?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I haven't really been feeling that sexually desirable lately, and I think it's taking a tole on my mental health. Other sx doms: Do you feel like you are not sexually desirable right now or have you felt this way in the past? Also what did this feel like?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't really been feeling that sexually desirable lately, and I think it's taking a tole on my mental health. Other sx doms: Do you feel like you are not sexually desirable right now or have you felt this way in the past? Also what did this feel like?

FUCKING TERRIBLE!

no seriously, I can't stand it. I won't even leave the house until my hair is done and I look presentable (fuckable)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
FUCKING TERRIBLE!

no seriously, I can't stand it. I won't even leave the house until my hair is done and I look presentable (fuckable)

Well again I have this stupid gagging problem that prevents me from doing heavy exercise, and I also have hypoglycemia which makes me have to eat more so it's not good for maintaining an attractive weight. Not being attractive due to these conditions is really doing a number on my psyche.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do feel sexually desirable atm, so no problems in that department. :wink: In the past, though, not feeling desirable felt like someone put handcuffs on me (not in the good way) and told me how to spend my day. I love seducing and feeling attractive - I feel unfulfilled if I didn't get to do either of those things. If I didn't take part in some sort of seduction by the end of the day it feels like a big waste. I don't know how to describe it tbh other than, like Elfboy said, "FUCKING TERRIBLE!" Flirting, catching someone's eye, just give me something to get excitement from. And if I can't look appealing then it basically stops me from doing that which basically makes my day become a huge bore. More than that, it's like I've been removed from my natural state of being. If I can't do what gives me pleasure, then what's the point?

I also get random bursts of sadness from not having a boyfriend (usually when I'm alone and reflecting). Not feeling desirable certainly can contribute to that. I just want to be in love with someone who loves me back, is that too much to ask?? Okay, I should stop writing now before I get more upset. :mellow: At least I can flirt with this INTP guy to get me through the summer.

I'm not an sx-dom but I identify with the OP. Not feeling sexually attractive is honestly quite debilitating for me. At its worst, it can make me feel less human. Then there are days when I look at myself in the mirror and go "Damn, I'm hot" and that feels really good.

I identify a lot with the 6-sx urge for 'strength and beauty' even though I'm not a 6.

And I envy people who have more charisma than me and wish I had their spark. I guess I also envy people who have learned how not to give a shit but at the same time I don't think I'd want to be like them.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. What a great topic. I currently type as sx-dom precisely for the issues I have with this.

I'll start with the truth: I got put down by my peers a lot as a kid. They told me I was ugly and disgusting and weird. For years. And, I'll be upfront about it...that changed my self-perception, permanently. I wasn't mommy's pretty little girl anymore, I became ugly, disgusting, undesirable. Being a 4w5, that's pretty much become a source of identity for me--one of the ways I'm weird and worse than everyone else. I can't change my thoughts on this matter, even when I want to. I just feel ugly, disgusting, creepy, undesirable, etc.

And, it's brought out the worst of me. I'm aggressive toward attractive members of my same sex; I spend hours in self-torment about how much I physically suck; the whole "Let's remind ourselves why no one will ever like you..." lecture. It's like my entire identity is pegged around this one hang-up.

THIS WAS ESPECIALLY BAD IN COLLEGE. All the more so because guys never seemed interested in me. Just further proof of how ugly I was, right? I developed entire self-esteem issues solely around this concern. Like the poster above says, I feel less human. Really and truly. Pathetic (and up till now, a highly guarded secret!) but true.

Anyway, I can't go around whining about it forever (actually, I've never been able to talk about this to anyone), so mostly, I've just been highly rejecting. "Who needs that crap?" "Oh, you're worried about your physical appearance, are you? You vain little batshit." "I don't need ANYONE. I'm not DESPERATE." That sort of thing. Everyone thinks I'm asexual IRL because I've taken such a cold stance towards these issues. I typed as sx-last for a long time till I realized I've just got a neurotic anti-manifestation of it in terms of desirability.

I've never even been able to articulate this to myself till I found out about it, actually. I doubt I could say it out loud, but telling random strangers on an internet forum is ok, right?

So, to the OP, I can sympathise anyway. It does take a toll on your mental health, as pathetic as that sounds for me to say that. Good luck!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FUCKING TERRIBLE!

i thought you were a virgin?

anyways, i don't have this problem. do i lose membership?

No, I just think you're not insecure. Which is cool too, lol.

And look, I'm not even in the club. I don't think this may actually have too much to do with instinctual variants.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nope. had plenty of experience over the last year ;)
even if I hadn't, that would make it worse, not better.

possibly, but it's not enough to completely rule you out

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha elfboy possibly?? come on...no it doesn't.

i promise you i'm very much sx and don't have this issue either. the thing is... i just rarely look in the mirror... it's just not a focus. i don't worry about it. i have an image of myself in my head and i'm okay with it haha

probably due to the opposite childhood experience of sanjuro.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Come on. Me not sexually desirable? How could that possibly happen? :laugh:

Starry

Since I'm not working...and am just at a point in my life where I don't give a...crap (ha crap - trying to go mild there)...I look so bad. And yet sexuality...or feeling sexually attractive (?)...that is like the only thing in me that has remained unchanged. In fact, I actually like the way people are responding to me more - if that makes any sense.

Some of the sexiest people alive are pretty damn unattractive because...in the end...it doesn't really have all that much to do with the outer shell. It's something that comes from within.

You are aging Great One. Each day you are older. And if you continue to maintain that sexual desirability has to do with the outside...I fear you will suffer from ill mental health 'till the day they plop you into the ground. Remain mindful of the outer shell...and do what needs to be done. But develop sexual beauty from the inside out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I'm not working...and am just at a point in my life where I don't give a...crap (ha crap - trying to go mild there)...I look so bad. And yet sexuality...or feeling sexually attractive (?)...that is like the only thing in me that has remained unchanged. In fact, I actually like the way people are responding to me more - if that makes any sense.

Some of the sexiest people alive are pretty damn unattractive because...in the end...it doesn't really have all that much to do with the outer shell. It's something that comes from within.

You are aging Great One. Each day you are older. And if you continue to maintain that sexual desirability has to do with the outside...I fear you will suffer from ill mental health 'till the day they plop you into the ground. Remain mindful of the outer shell...and do what needs to be done. But develop sexual beauty from the inside out.

yes ha! love it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

And if you continue to maintain that sexual desirability has to do with the outside...I fear you will suffer from ill mental health 'till the day they plop you into the ground. Remain mindful of the outer shell...and do what needs to be done. But develop sexual beauty from the inside out.

Would just like to throw in that my feeling of sexually desirability comes from within rather than the outside. So for me it's more of "do I feel appealing today" rather than "do I look appealing today."

Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea from my post is all so I felt I should add that. :yes: I totally agree with what you said, Starry.

but looking sexy on the outside is certainly a plus hehe

Starry

Would just like to throw in that my feeling of sexually desirability comes from within rather than the outside. So for me it's more of "do I feel appealing today" rather than "do I look appealing today."

Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea from my post is all so I felt I should add that. :yes: I totally agree with what you said, Starry.

but looking sexy on the outside is certainly a plus hehe

I'm glad you wrote this because my response was a response entirely constructed around your response. OMG I'm kidding haha. (I actually didn't even read your response and feel kinda awkward now saying that. From this point forward I will always read your responses.)

I really have never been one to feel differently - internally with regards to my own sexual attractiveness (?) depending on my clothing or make-up or fuckable hair (?) haha. I have an awareness that doing those kinds of things earned me more attention but definitely not the kind of attention I wanted. I'm am not even kidding you about this. I have been on the road all day long...I have full-on bo right now...my hair is kinda greasy...no make-up...no sleep...and I am wearing my pajama bottoms...and totally wore them into Starbucks...where two people told me I was...well one said...okay two non-creepy, non-plasticy, non-pod-people people gave me genuine compliments. And those are kind of gestures that have meaning for me.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hmm... I've always been sexually desirable, and when I'm making the move on someone who isn't responding as I'd like, I'm usually more puzzled than anything. People are always asking for advice on how to pick up women (not to me, but in general), and I've always just instinctively known that, there are no pickup lines... you just go up and talk to them, and that's it.

So yeah. When they don't respond well to me walking up and talking to them, I'm usually more puzzled than anything, as there really isn't a reason to reject me unless they know off the bat that we're incompatible or something.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. What a great topic. I currently type as sx-dom precisely for the issues I have with this.

I'll start with the truth: I got put down by my peers a lot as a kid. They told me I was ugly and disgusting and weird. For years. And, I'll be upfront about it...that changed my self-perception, permanently. I wasn't mommy's pretty little girl anymore, I became ugly, disgusting, undesirable. Being a 4w5, that's pretty much become a source of identity for me--one of the ways I'm weird and worse than everyone else. I can't change my thoughts on this matter, even when I want to. I just feel ugly, disgusting, creepy, undesirable, etc.

And, it's brought out the worst of me. I'm aggressive toward attractive members of my same sex; I spend hours in self-torment about how much I physically suck; the whole "Let's remind ourselves why no one will ever like you..." lecture. It's like my entire identity is pegged around this one hang-up.

THIS WAS ESPECIALLY BAD IN COLLEGE. All the more so because guys never seemed interested in me. Just further proof of how ugly I was, right? I developed entire self-esteem issues solely around this concern. Like the poster above says, I feel less human. Really and truly. Pathetic (and up till now, a highly guarded secret!) but true.

Anyway, I can't go around whining about it forever (actually, I've never been able to talk about this to anyone), so mostly, I've just been highly rejecting. "Who needs that crap?" "Oh, you're worried about your physical appearance, are you? You vain little batshit." "I don't need ANYONE. I'm not DESPERATE." That sort of thing. Everyone thinks I'm asexual IRL because I've taken such a cold stance towards these issues. I typed as sx-last for a long time till I realized I've just got a neurotic anti-manifestation of it in terms of desirability.

I've never even been able to articulate this to myself till I found out about it, actually. I doubt I could say it out loud, but telling random strangers on an internet forum is ok, right?

So, to the OP, I can sympathise anyway. It does take a toll on your mental health, as pathetic as that sounds for me to say that. Good luck!

This is very relatable to me.... although I was an ugly duckling. I had big glasses & crooked teeth as a kid and was the "smart sister" while my older sister was a Barbie Doll. I was absent-minded & applied my sense of aesthetics to comic strips, not myself. So when I became a rather pretty teen & developed a sense of personal style, even my peers found it hard to reconcile with my arty smart girl persona. So I had social stigma due to a persona, which made me kind of stubborn to "conform" too much, to be pretty in a typical way.

So I went through the faux asexual thing in HS, where I denied & hid all attraction to others, devaluing my own desires & emotional needs, determined to be above it all, because I really thought no one would have me. But this also was fueled by an elitist attitude that no one could understand me, which was a rejecting of others. I found out later people thought I didn't like them, that they felt rejected by me.... I still struggle with this miscommunication due to my demeanor.

However, I tend to get annoyed over people being found attractive when they are just cookie-cutter; and I'll lament more "unique" types being overlooked by all those with pedestrian tastes. I can get hung up on a feature being desirable that I don't have. But this extends past my looks into personality as well (qualities that are desirable that I don't have, especially when in favor of strengths I have that I see as "undervalued").

I actually end up resenting people I deem less attractive or cookie cutter because they STILL manage to find someone, but I generally don't resent the truly good-looking (unless they pair off with someone ugly). This tends to create some weird contradicting cycle of not feeling attractive enough and/or deeming it meaningless to be attractive at all - because if the homely still manage to find love, then looks clearly aren't the issue (this then starts the next phase of feeling some deeper thing is wrong with me). This very cycle is likely what is not attractive about me though; too depressive, self-absorbed, and lacking in confidence. And then whatever concern I have over appearance may be written off as shallow or vain (even as I experience it as "creative").

Feeling attractive physically but not wanted is more embittering to me, then.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Note: Not Sx-dom...sorry.
This is very relatable to me.... although I was an ugly duckling. I had big glasses & crooked teeth as a kid and was the "smart sister" while my older sister was a Barbie Doll. I was absent-minded & applied my sense of aesthetics to comic strips, not myself. So when I became a rather pretty teen & developed a sense of personal style, even my peers found it hard to reconcile with my arty smart girl persona. So I had social stigma due to a persona, which made me kind of stubborn to "conform" too much, to be pretty in a typical way.

However, I tend to get annoyed over people being found attractive when they are just cookie-cutter; and I'll lament more "unique" types being overlooked by all those with pedestrian tastes. I can get hung up on a feature being desirable that I don't have. But this extends past my looks into personality as well (qualities that are desirable that I don't have, especially when in favor of strengths I have that I see as "undervalued").

I actually end up resenting people I deem less attractive or cookie cutter because they STILL manage to find someone, but I generally don't resent the truly good-looking (unless they pair off with someone ugly). This tends to create some weird contradicting cycle of not feeling attractive enough and/or deeming it meaningless to be attractive at all - because if the homely still manage to find love, then looks clearly aren't the issue (this then starts the next phase of feeling some deeper thing is wrong with me). This very cycle is likely what is not attractive about me though; too depressive, self-absorbed, and lacking in confidence. And then whatever concern I have over appearance may be written off as shallow or vain (even as I experience it as "creative").

Feeling attractive physically but not wanted is more embittering to me, then.
Minus your second paragraph, I relate to this personal evolution of self-image, too. I can't tell how strong of a bearing it has on my sense of "self-worth" as regarding the OP...maybe because of low Sx-variant it's difficult to gauge. It has some effect, but I wouldn't say it's too strong. Now I might feel confident enough about my own attractiveness, but without external "proof" from others also thinking so, it seems to point to other non-physical elements. But I suppose that sounds more So-involved than Sx-involved...

Which was a good wake-up call, actually, a turn-around from my younger years to realize that I'm not being rejected because of my looks, not directly--and yet at the same time, it's disappointing because the physical appearance is the easier one to change than the internal stuff, much of the "internal stuff" being parts I feel shouldn't /won't change. Result: Concluding to myself that this is a good balance and hopefully it will work out in the long run, while of course thinking a little about personal development. :shrug:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my usual reaction when i look at the mirror is just awe, i think im the most beautiful human alive.

but i realize my beauty is entirely tied to my feelings, if i feel feelings i dont like, then it reflects on my face, and then i look at mirror and am heavily disappointed, but i know it will pass.

looking at mirror reinforces whatever im feeling, if the feelings arent beautiful, then they only get uglier, and the other way same.