User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 73

  1. #41
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Why don't you think that it's correlated?
    Why would your sex drive and desirability be just another name for the SX instinct? Sift through it, guy. SX is far bigger than sex.

    you also seem to think about sex alot, but I'm not really convinced you're an SX type per se. The two are not the same thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #42
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why would your sex drive and desirability be just another name for the SX instinct? Sift through it, guy. SX is far bigger than sex.

    you also seem to think about sex alot, but I'm not really convinced you're an SX type per se. The two are not the same thing.
    I'll say it once, and I'll say it again: I still think that the sx variant and the physical act of having sex are correlated. I mean, if you think about it, sx types tend to want to get as close to a person as possible in as little time as possible, and what more intimate way is there to get closer to a person than to have sex with them?

  3. #43
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I mean, if you think about it, sx types tend to want to get as close to a person as possible in as little time as possible, and what more intimate way is there to get closer to a person than to have sex with them?
    Lots of ways! Idk, I can come off very strong to people I've just met as way of getting close with people quickly. People either view it as openness or just being weird. I do agree there's a correlation between sx and the physical act of having sex, but then again I also agree with @Jennifer that there's much more to sx than that. I mean the whole concept of FWB is sex with no emotional attachments or commitments. Where's the connection in that? But yeah there is definitely some sort of correlation. It wouldn't be called "sexual" otherwise.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  4. #44
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Lots of ways! Idk, I can come off very strong to people I've just met as way of getting close with people quickly. People either view it as openness or just being weird. I do agree there's a correlation between sx and the physical act of having sex, but then again I also agree with @Jennifer that there's much more to sx than that. I mean the whole concept of FWB is sex with no emotional attachments or commitments. Where's the connection in that? But yeah there is definitely some sort of correlation. It wouldn't be called "sexual" otherwise.
    Yeah I agree with this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well you have my deepest condolences for your practically "incurable" desirability problem. I will say that it's just a temporary problem for me, because if I could just find a way to exercise and afford a good diet, I would look pretty damn good. After all, I used to work out all the time, and I have an excellent frame for body building. In fact, my body in terms of shape looks like Patrick Bateman from "American Psycho" when I work out. So I will one day look good again when I can afford to do so.
    You see? It can always be worse.

    Thanks to the others who commented on my post, too. It was kind of weird putting that out there, but I"m glad to know I'm not alone.

  6. #46
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    I'm a So-Dom and being sexy is my whole schtick. For a long time I thought sexual desirability was all that mattered and I'd get kind of irked when I'd see doofy ass dudes with 'personality' (usually ENFJs and ESFPs) who were less attractive than me getting more girls. It makes me feel intrinsically worthless sometimes; I have all the gloss, but I'm an undesirable person.

    My reaction to this feeling? Become even glossier. Of course, the naturally loveable ENFJ and ESFP guys will get their play either way, but I'll exceed them eventually.

    Overall, when I'm not with somebody, I always feel exceptionally insecure about not being not being worthy enough to secure an ideal mate, as much as I try to deny it.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I haven't really been feeling that sexually desirable lately, and I think it's taking a tole on my mental
    Whenever I feel that way, I just go into the bathroom mirror and mimic this scene. Try it out, see how it goes. If no one still wants to fondle you it'll be because you're too busy fondling yourself.

  8. #48
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    You see? It can always be worse.

    Thanks to the others who commented on my post, too. It was kind of weird putting that out there, but I"m glad to know I'm not alone.
    Yes, you aren't alone my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I'm a So-Dom and being sexy is my whole schtick. For a long time I thought sexual desirability was all that mattered and I'd get kind of irked when I'd see doofy ass dudes with 'personality' (usually ENFJs and ESFPs) who were less attractive than me getting more girls. It makes me feel intrinsically worthless sometimes; I have all the gloss, but I'm an undesirable person.

    My reaction to this feeling? Become even glossier. Of course, the naturally loveable ENFJ and ESFP guys will get their play either way, but I'll exceed them eventually.

    Overall, when I'm not with somebody, I always feel exceptionally insecure about not being not being worthy enough to secure an ideal mate, as much as I try to deny it.
    But the question is: did you want to look good more for reasons of attracting a mate, or more for the reasons of having more social repport?

  9. #49
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I constantly hear people say stupid things like you are saying here. They constantly say, "Looks don't matter. It's who you are on the inside that counts". Personally, I always thought that this sounded great on paper, but I rarely find people in real life that subscribe to this philosophy. IRL, I find that looks are one of the most important things that people look for in a person when they are deciding whether or not to date them. It is for this very reason that I want to look as good as humanly possible because I am obsessed with finding a lover.

    Also, I really do fear getting older because I know that my looks will likely fade with time. However, I plan on investing a great deal of money in cosmetic surgery in the future when I get older, so that way I hopefully will look good even when I'm 50.
    Please don't merely insult my intelligence Great One... I say you outright embarrass me by proving me wrong. This could certainly be done by starting a thread... in where you post a photograph or video of yourself and ask female members which they find more offensive... your appearance or your personality...

  10. #50
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, you aren't alone my friend.



    But the question is: did you want to look good more for reasons of attracting a mate, or more for the reasons of having more social repport?
    I can't really say. Now I can say I do it to attract mates, but this whole obsession started when I was 12, when I literally felt like the only ugly person in the world. In my eyes, everyone else looked either good or normal, while I was just plain ugly. I don't think it was a social rapport thing at all at the time, I just felt like being attractive was the only thing that made me relevant in this world, otherwise I was just an insignificant blip.

    I don't really care for making male friends or being a "bro"; I just see it as a means to an end, because if you don't have friends noones gonna wanna sleep with you. Otherwise, I'm content with just enjoying life, getting laid and having a bunch of acquaintances.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 04:53 PM
  2. [Jung] Fe Doms: How do you get people
    By prplchknz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 11:16 AM
  3. Ne-doms and Aux's...How Do You Feel About Possibilities?
    By Redbone in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
  4. [Ni] INFJ and Ni doms, how do you make decisions?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 02:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO