• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] Examples of the So/sp Sh*t eating grin

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think it's a matter of real/fake so much as expressions can be used for so many different purposes... They can be reflections of intrapersonal status, comfort/discomfort (probably likely with sp), external indicators (probably likely with so), or intentional messages (probably likely with sx). The politician smiling may not be smiling so much because he is personally happy but because he is trying to engage the sympathy of his constituents, which could be underhanded in a way but is also simply fallout of human nature - of course we will tend to like a more "personable" politician better than a "cold" one. People are more likely to buy something from someone they feel comfortable around, too, hence the "used car salesman" smile. It's fake in the sense of they may not really be excited, but it's genuine in the sense of really wanting to engage others, for whatever reason. Just consider the politician who is having a shitty day and faking smiles, but is fighting for a bill to pass that you are an ardent supporter of. Of course it would be preferable for him to garner support through smiling, for the sake of the bill.
Thank you for not making us sound like a bunch of creepers.

TBH I did smile like this the other day (and realised I was doing it). I got stopped by the cops at a random breath testing station. I hadn't done anything wrong, but for some reason I feel like I have every time I encounter the police. I pulled up, wound down the window and smiled in an attempt to be pleasant and appreciative of the police. Instead I just sat there, grinning like an idiot at the cop, who stared back at me, humourlessly. At the time I thought, "what the hell am I doing! Stop smiling like that, she'll think you've done something wrong", but I couldn't stop myself. Obviously she did suspect something, because she really examined me carefully, and after breath testing me (and passing) she also checked my warrant of fitness and registration (which were fine, fortunately). She then took one last suspicious look at me (because I was still smiling), and then let me go. I drove off wondering what the hell is wrong with me. :doh: :laugh:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still don't understand this thread. Either it's a smile or it's not? I mean yeah, some people have genuinely creepy or disturbing smiles but I never thought that would be instincts related. If anything, I can see it being more related to cognitive function preference and upbringing.

W

WALMART

I'm almost positive all of Mr. Biden's smiles are genuine. That is one happy fucker.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Minus the Qigong element (or with it, if you're into that), this:

Why Happiness is Just a Fake Smile Away

Kamishi said:
I mean yeah, some people have genuinely creepy or disturbing smiles but I never thought that would be instincts related. If anything, I can see it being more related to cognitive function preference and upbringing.

Perhaps so, but I think there could definitely be an element of instinct in why, how, and when we choose to smile. Like Southern Kross said, she smiled to convey pleasantness and appreciation when facing a public authority - a socially-oriented communication. A self-preservational dominant may also smile, but perhaps more to convey their personal lack of threat. A sexual dominant might smile in that situation, too, to make personal connection with the officer. Of course it could all have to do with other elements, too, but I think there is a lot to be said for non-verbal communication patterns and instinct.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps so, but I think there could definitely be an element of instinct in why, how, and when we choose to smile. Like Southern Kross said, she smiled to convey pleasantness and appreciation when facing a public authority - a socially-oriented communication. A self-preservational dominant may also smile, but perhaps more to convey their personal lack of threat. A sexual dominant might smile in that situation, too, to make personal connection with the officer. Of course it could all have to do with other elements, too, but I think there is a lot to be said for non-verbal communication patterns and instinct.

Maybe, but assumes people care about smiling as a social cue to begin with. I don't really smile.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe, but assumes people care about smiling as a social cue to begin with. I don't really smile.

Lol, fair enough. Need a little ENFP in your life?

tumblr_mf1h8xsQkr1rndf4xo1_500.jpg

;)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

View attachment 9594

;)

If ENFP means smiling more, than no. By the way, that's the kind of comment my ESFJ grandmother tended to tell me when I was younger. It always pissed me off. I smile whenever I feel like smiling, thank you.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If ENFP means smiling more, than no. By the way, that's the kind of comment my ESFJ grandmother tended to tell me when I was younger. It always pissed me off. I smile whenever I feel like smiling, thank you.

:huh: Oh, it was only a joke... the implication from the picture was meant to be that ENFPs are a little TOO smiley... in any case, I'm sorry that I've offended you. I'm not particularly invested in controlling anyone's expressions.

I think people who encourage smiling tend to use it as a tool themselves... like a signal to others to encourage positivity both intra- and interpersonally. I'm guessing your grandmother just wanted you to be happy and figured you would be even happier if you were to share your happiness as part of a collective happiness so that everyone can enjoy it and be happy for and with you, too. Maybe it tends to be an ExFx thing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I relate to what Southern Kross and skylights have been saying so far; I'm the same, with smiles. I use them to convey particular messages to people: "I enjoyed what you just said", "I'm glad to see you today", "I am open and friendly and have nothing to hide from the cops". :laugh: I'm not sure how I can describe it better than: I use smiling as a tool, but it's still 100% genuine. So... not to brag, but I'm pretty photogenic. :biggrin:
Nice... "Fake what you want to become."

:D
That's one of my mantras. :) Decide what kind of person you want to be, and then be that person. Behave in the way that you want to behave, even if it's hard, and eventually it'll become a habit.

/3 fix

View attachment 9594

;)
:laugh:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so/sx smile

aladdin1.jpg

G]

Alladin is Sx/Sp.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:huh: Oh, it was only a joke... the implication from the picture was meant to be that ENFPs are a little TOO smiley... in any case, I'm sorry that I've offended you. I'm not particularly invested in controlling anyone's expressions.

I think people who encourage smiling tend to use it as a tool themselves... like a signal to others to encourage positivity both intra- and interpersonally. I'm guessing your grandmother just wanted you to be happy and figured you would be even happier if you were to share your happiness as part of a collective happiness so that everyone can enjoy it and be happy for and with you, too. Maybe it tends to be an ExFx thing.

More like an Fe kind of thing. This is Fe logic in a nutshell.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I still don't understand this thread. Either it's a smile or it's not? I mean yeah, some people have genuinely creepy or disturbing smiles but I never thought that would be instincts related. If anything, I can see it being more related to cognitive function preference and upbringing.

It's about the energy that the various types give off. Not the smiles in particular.

Alladin is Sx/Sp.

How do you figure? I've always seen him as 7w6 so/sx.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Regardless of instincts, Americans generally smile too much. It loses meaning.

Sunny Ghost

Now I wonder if I have an shit eating grin... :unsure: I sometimes wonder if I'm actually so/sp.

I'd like to see more smile variations. And titles for them. :D

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That leads to to think that you probably aren't so/sp, but then again I don't have much experience with 4s, so I may not actually know what I'm talking about. :unsure:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am a So/Sp and have that smirk that means smug shit mixer so to speak Like this face when I am being not so nice :D