User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: The seduction styles of various enneagram variant combos

  1. #41
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,391

    Default

    This sounds right for me as well.

    I find so/sx adapt a lot. It's like they pick up on what the other person would prefer. They'll pull me out of group, into something smaller or one-on-one, but with someone else they might work the group more. They read dynamics very well. Probably the most manipulative, IMO, in terms of attracting. Sx/so are not covert enough to be as manipulative.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  2. #42
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I wouldn't do either of these things. I would see giving people things as threatening my sp needs. And selling myself would threaten my sense of self preservation too.

    I relate to the sx/sp and sp/sx description most though. I can seduce people through a group, but I prefer to do it alone. And I can be intense and creepy and sexy, but I think it's more subtle than I think.
    I relate to this

  3. #43
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I relate to this
    So how again do you differentiate between sp/sx and sx/sp in your experience?

  4. #44
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So how again do you differentiate between sp/sx and sx/sp in your experience?
    In terms of seduction style, it's almost impossible. However I can generally differentiate the two by what means the most to them in life and what they strive for the most.

  5. #45
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    In terms of seduction style, it's almost impossible. However I can generally differentiate the two by what means the most to them in life and what they strive for the most.
    Such as? For myself I don't know which is more important, but I always think self preservation is the most important thing- I don't feel I need to have "stuff" or status or anything to achieve that though, just to be alive and healthy with some degree of inner harmony. I'm not materialistic. But I would sacrifice closeness with people to preserve my own needs. Although I would also be selfless with resources in an emergency situation and do without something if I could, if someone I cared about needed it more.

  6. #46
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    @skylights
    Sexual moves to Social The sexual subtype (one on one) will seek the greater world or social arena to find a desired mate. The sexual subtype is normally happy tucked away in a secluded setting with one significant other. However, when alone or in search of a mate, this subtype will behave much more like the social subtype. One must be with others to find ?the other?. Once the mate is selected, the social activity will be replaced by the dominant drive for time spent in union with the other one on one. At first the sexual subtype may spend time with the potential mate in the company of others. They become a pair even in groups. Then when the passion for deeper connection is ignited the sexual subtype will want to bond totally with their desired other. When the mate is determined, the sexual subtype will return to one on one style of relating. Ideally, this is intense time spent with the desired other or mate. An area of pain and disappointment for this subtype is when they have a mate that is unwilling to pay attention to their degree of connection and intimately share their deepest and innermost thoughts.
    LOL

    wow... I'm really creeped out

  7. #47
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Such as? For myself I don't know which is more important, but I always think self preservation is the most important thing- I don't feel I need to have "stuff" or status or anything to achieve that though, just to be alive and healthy with some degree of inner harmony. I'm not materialistic. But I would sacrifice closeness with people to preserve my own needs. Although I would also be selfless with resources in an emergency situation and do without something if I could, if someone I cared about needed it more.
    Well it sounds like you would be Self pres first then because you are much more willing to give up sx needs than you are to give up self pres needs.

    You might want to check out Elfboy's new thread on instinctual variant stackings and take the test as well. It may help you to peg your variants a little easier.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...iant-test.html

  8. #48
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well it sounds like you would be Self pres first then because you are much more willing to give up sx needs than you are to give up self pres needs.

    You might want to check out Elfboy's new thread on instinctual variant stackings and take the test as well. It may help you to peg your variants a little easier.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...iant-test.html
    Thanks for the link. I dunno. I think I fit sx/sp more in many descriptions, but in other ways I'm more the other. Who knows. I'll list some characteristics of myself which fit each if you want to try to figure it out. I'll post it in Elfboy's thread because it's more on topic there.
    Edit: Ok, I took the test and got:
    so 30
    sp 34
    sx 34

    Unfortunately this is about what I get on every variant test.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Thanks for the link. I dunno. I think I fit sx/sp more in many descriptions, but in other ways I'm more the other. Who knows. I'll list some characteristics of myself which fit each if you want to try to figure it out. I'll post it in Elfboy's thread because it's more on topic there.
    Edit: Ok, I took the test and got:
    so 30
    sp 34
    sx 34

    Unfortunately this is about what I get on every variant test.
    Well, if your variants are that close, then the only other thing that I can do to help you to figure out your variant stacking is to type you by energy. In other words, I will have to look at a video of you, and see what your energy looks like in comparison with other types. So far I believe that we have your core type down to self pres/sexual decadent (self pres with strong sx) or sx/sp wanderer (sx with strong self pres). Now in terms of energy the sp/sx decadent looks a lot like Sharon Stone's character from "Basic Instinct" and can almost look sx/so. On the other hand the sx/sp wanderer looks like a Tim Burton character and can even look sp/so on the outside. Could you post a video of yourself. It really doesn't matter what you say in the video, I just need to see what your energy looks like.

  10. #50
    philosopher wood nymph Array greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well, if your variants are that close, then the only other thing that I can do to help you to figure out your variant stacking is to type you by energy. In other words, I will have to look at a video of you, and see what your energy looks like in comparison with other types. So far I believe that we have your core type down to self pres/sexual decadent (self pres with strong sx) or sx/sp wanderer (sx with strong self pres). Now in terms of energy the sp/sx decadent looks a lot like Sharon Stone's character from "Basic Instinct" and can almost look sx/so. On the other hand the sx/sp wanderer looks like a Tim Burton character and can even look sp/so on the outside. Could you post a video of yourself. It really doesn't matter what you say in the video, I just need to see what your energy looks like.
    Er...I'm scared. I may some time though. Let me think of a person or character to compare myself to. Could you type me by music?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Reassessment of my Enneagram Type and Instinctual Variant
    By Alea_iacta_est in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 10:41 PM
  2. The Life Cycles of Various Stars [Illustration]
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 06:24 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
  5. [INFP] The different types of infps survey [enneagram, big 5 personal experience]
    By Hopelandic in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •