User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Music and Instinctual Variants

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    *dodges. makes frowny face*

eh, in a Ti context, simply stating, "You're wrong because I said so" isn't very constructive.

Speaking of God Realm Abundance

good reflexes
    Is that you in the vid, if so what's up with the hot dog?
    I thought those of you in the god realm indulge in nothing less than nectar and ambrosia.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    I've watched The Fountain. It made me cry, so I never watched it again. I'm not hating on the movie, just...all the unpleasant feels it gave me. I can handle broody, I can handle abstract, I love broody and abstract, and I'm emotional and I cry at movies sometimes, but. This. Just. Crossed a line or something. I literally had to drink myself happy again after it was over.
    I watched the movie while back, so I cannot recall exactly what it made me feel, all I can remember is that I couldn't get the music out of my
    head. You should try watching it again, see what happens this time, maybe it'll be easier this time. I remember when I was in elementary
    school my biggest emotional torture was a cartoon, I think it was called Littlefoot or something, all my friends were like:"Lets watch it", I was like: "oh no how can you endure the pain: a lonely dinosaur with no one in the world, wandering around, not belonging anywhere, how can your heart endure that, how??? lol Come to think of it, I haven't watched it since, maybe I'll burst into tears.(I didn't cry back then I was trying to look though, had an image to preserve )

9w1 sp/so

I have no idea what 'animal realm' music would be. Also, from what I have seen, I don't like very much music that is typically enjoyed (from what I have seen in 'music for NFs' type of threads here and on other typology forums) by anyone of the same MBTI and Enneagram type as me. I like a lot of different stuff but it is pretty obscure for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Then let me break your bubble - I like Sigur Rós because I like post-rock. It may not take up the biggest part of my music taste but I absolutely love bands such as God is an Astronaut and Russian Circles. I saw Red Sparowes live a couple of years ago when they played at a local pub. It's in fact one of the best live concerts I've been to.
    Dang, you're lucky. I love Red Sparowes and Russian Circles.

know ⏩ assist ⏩ survive Array Alaska's Avatar
    4w5 sx/sp
    ESI Fi

When it comes to my tastes, the god is the eyes. I'm primarily into music that is made with imagery in mind or that conjures it up. I think in scenes first, then translate it into communication. Sample-heavy music works well. Perhaps the music has been used in a film, or is a score, title or sting that just hasn't found its home yet (I enjoy knowing where it goes). If I see a song performed live, I'll take a liking to it even if I didn't notice it before. I don't know how this relates to the sx/so "realm". Heaven is pretty? Heaven is active and living?

When I notice lyrics, it's because I relate to them experientially. Them just being very experientially oriented is good enough, too. This tends to mean on-the-ground storytelling over ideas or ruminating. I don't want to hear about how much your ex sucked; I want to hear about your ex. I want to hear the story of your sin, not how much you regret it. I'm turned off by too much judgment or romanticizing. I have a really good nose for how true a song is to life, and when the words aren't, I'll tune them out and judge based on the music.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]