User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Isn't it just better of you admitting that you were wrong on the MBTI part...?
    ugh, ffs, the purpose of this thread is to attempt to validate the theory and talk about it. So either contribute to the discussion or leave.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    sx/so - God realm

    I'm not sure how much my taste in music has influenced my instinctual variant (especially since my library is incredibly varied) but I'll just post a song I've been obsessing over recently. I love Florence.



    Edit: @LeaT That song rain and storm is beautiful. I love the kind of atmosphere it creates.
    nice, I like it.

  3. #23
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    I like sx/so and sx/sp music (think vintage pop).
    I really like cats and food.

  4. #24
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Cool post.

    Gee, an INFJ who watched "the fountain"? I would never have guessed, haha.
    Hey, are you implying infjs are predictable? You cannot even begin to understand us,we're all mysterious and shit!
    *throws random object in Dj Arendee's direction* I bet you weren't expecting that.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ugh, ffs, the purpose of this thread is to attempt to validate the theory and talk about it. So either contribute to the discussion or leave.
    Why must it be validated? Can't it be invalidated? Look, I don't have problems discussing ideas but it's one thing to propose a hypothesis and proposing it as true when it's not true. Also, I doubt my reaction to your thread and thinking isn't so much because I'm a Te type (inferior to add) but because it's just not... sound. It's the 5 in me telling me the knowledge doesn't add up, that the facts and data makes no sense.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    Hey, are you implying infjs are predictable? You cannot even begin to understand us,we're all mysterious and shit!
    *throws random object in Dj Arendee's direction* I bet you weren't expecting that.
    *dodges. makes frowny face*

    @LeaT

    eh, in a Ti context, simply stating, "You're wrong because I said so" isn't very constructive.

    Speaking of God Realm Abundance


  7. #27
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    Hey, are you implying infjs are predictable? You cannot even begin to understand us,we're all mysterious and shit!
    *throws random object in Dj Arendee's direction* I bet you weren't expecting that.
    I've watched The Fountain. It made me cry, so I never watched it again. I'm not hating on the movie, just...all the unpleasant feels it gave me. I can handle broody, I can handle abstract, I love broody and abstract, and I'm emotional and I cry at movies sometimes, but. This. Just. Crossed a line or something. I literally had to drink myself happy again after it was over.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

  8. #28
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    @LeaT

    eh, in a Ti context, simply stating, "You're wrong because I said so" isn't very constructive.
    No, I never claimed you were wrong just because. I clearly showed you sufficient evidence to show you that your theory is not sound and thus the premise is invalid, by for example showing you how my music taste and movie taste is greater than what you propose. I don't fit the formula so I asked you, "Where do I fit?" and now you're just being obstinate and hold onto the idea despite that it's not as accurate as you claim it is. You're essentially the one telling me you're right because you are, not the other way around.

    Not once have you presented compelling evidence or strong arguments to justify your position.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

  10. #30
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    I assume what you are referring to is the video list further down the page and I do think that the arts can express one's instinctual variants. The sx theme of much of my poetry is undeniable for example, and as I said, I do think we're drawn to music that represents our energy level. What I do however not agree with is your claim about the MBTI correlation and music taste.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. What's my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant?
    By musiclover3467 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM
  2. [Inst] Chess Pieces and Instinctual Variant
    By Kore of Myth in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:22 PM
  3. Reassessment of my Enneagram Type and Instinctual Variant
    By Alea_iacta_est in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 10:41 PM
  4. [Inst] Instinctual Variants and Music
    By Elfboy in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM
  5. Can You Type Me Based on My Enneagram Tritype and Instinctual Variant?
    By Dania Ross in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO