First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sy_ View Post
    Two of my favorites...I am not sure if it is sx/sp type of music.

Well, it's in line with something that jives better with me than the one pieces @daenara suggested but I am not sure there's much of a correlation to be honest. I mean, I figured I like sx/sp 5w4 type of music because I noticed a general tendency when say, reading up on the lyrics and the tone of the music itself which tends to point towards this intense longing, often in a detached and abstract manner, but I am not sure how well that applies to everyone.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I don't think music taste has much to do with one's MBTI type.
    Not according to my experience. And as a 9 wing, I listen to other's music and begin to THINK like they do. This may not be something you completely understand.

In my experience, a large percentile of people who listen to sigur ros are INFP. flux pavillion = entp. watch movies like "the fountain" = infj. Listen to bands like deftones = INTJ. Listen to bands like vast = NFJ STP. It has more to do with attitude in life, and we identify with the music we listen to because it was made by similarly minded people expressing similar things. I've met several ESTP's who have a taste for "bryan el." I had a guy in california message me and tell me he thinks we're soul brothers because of my comments on some youtube videos.

Favorite music says a LOT about who someone is. Don't let your Te "common sense" meter get in the way of believing this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Not according to my experience. And as a 9 wing, I listen to other's music and begin to THINK like they do. This may not be something you completely understand.

In my experience, a large percentile of people who listen to sigur ros are INFP. flux pavillion = entp. watch movies like "the fountain" = infj. Listen to bands like deftones = INTJ. Listen to bands like vast = NFJ STP. It has more to do with attitude in life, and we identify with the music we listen to because it was made by similarly minded people expressing similar things. I've met several ESTP's who have a taste for "bryan el." I had a guy in california message me and tell me he thinks we're soul brothers because of my comments on some youtube videos.

Favorite music says a LOT about who someone is. Don't let your Te "common sense" meter get in the way of believing this.
    Let's see. I love Sigur Ros, Deftones, and Vast, and have for years. I don't know Flux Pavillion.

GUess I'm an AXXX!
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Then let me break your bubble - I like Sigur Rós because I like post-rock. It may not take up the biggest part of my music taste but I absolutely love bands such as God is an Astronaut and Russian Circles. I saw Red Sparowes live a couple of years ago when they played at a local pub. It's in fact one of the best live concerts I've been to.

Similarly, I love mindfuck. Granted, I haven't specifically seen The Fountain but I've seen other similar titles such as Mr. Nobody.

And I hate the modern alternative metal sound bands such as The Deftones produce. It lacks emotion and melody. Quickly googling VAST or V.A.S.T. on Youtube reveals that they seem to be an alt rock band lingering towards an indie sound and guess what? I really like the indie rock sound such as early Kent.

Also, did ever mention that I love ambient and goa/psytrance and dark trip-hop? You're too quick to judge people based on superficial traits. I'll list a couple of other songs I really like because I'm nearing the video post limit now but an example of one of my favorite dark ambient songs:

Infinite Bubble

I like spacey ambient music; type me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Psytrance:

Some other genres I enjoy below:

You're like my brother who tells me I only listen to metal because it's my favorite genre. Regardless, then, what does my music and film taste tell you about me? Where do I fit?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

ty Te users for all coming in and nitpicking my previous statement.

Let me re-adjust what I said to say, each personality produces certain music. And if you like a bunch of music often times related to that one personality, it usually hints that you're of similar disposition. So part of my purpose of this thread is to try and see what kind of music other instinctual variants like to see what the correllation between instinctual variants and music style is, if any.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

According to the link, I'm a "hungry ghost" (sx/sp). The description actually does resonate very strongly with me. I'm always wanting something more, suffering from wanderlust, etc.

My musical tastes feel way too broad to illustrate just one instinctual type, but for what it's worth, I can't stop listening to Wire's "Four Long Years" right now.

Does that sound like a hungry ghost? I just returned from one trip and I'm already planning another, so I have that weird feeling in my blood...something like uncertainty and restlessness, maybe. Anyway, this song suits my mood at the moment.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

ty Te users for all coming in and nitpicking my previous statement.

Let me re-adjust what I said to say, each personality produces certain music. And if you like a bunch of music often times related to that one personality, it usually hints that you're of similar disposition. So part of my purpose of this thread is to try and see what kind of music other instinctual variants like to see what the correllation between instinctual variants and music style is, if any.
    Isn't it just better of you admitting that you were wrong on the MBTI part...?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

sx/so - God realm

I'm not sure how much my taste in music has influenced my instinctual variant (especially since my library is incredibly varied) but I'll just post a song I've been obsessing over recently. I love Florence.

Edit: @LeaT That song rain and storm is beautiful. I love the kind of atmosphere it creates.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so