User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default What do you think of this new variant test?

I found this one over on Personality Cafe

I know its still in its developmental stages.

I think it looks promising. It's one the few that was able to give me a clear-cut stacking.

SP 40/50
    SO 30/50
    SX 24/50
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Elfboy's test does seem to be pretty accurate although I still think a lot of the questions could be worded so it's more universally applied across types or just capture the gist of the instinct better in general. I retook the test and got these results:

SO: 9
    SP: 30
    SX: 47

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I found this one over on Personality Cafe

I know its still in its developmental stages.

I think it looks promising. It's one the few that was able to give me a clear-cut stacking.

SP 40/50
    SO 30/50
    SX 24/50
    I wasn't planning on sharing it until I knew it was finished, but thank you for sharing it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    xxTP

Another way for people to answer according to their own deluded self-image and then have this reflected back to them in a comforting reworded sense, allowing them to fool themselves that they have discovered something profound about themselves and that they are therefore, by extension, profound.

/Cynical bastard.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Another way for people to answer according to their own deluded self-image and then have this reflected back to them in a comforting reworded sense, allowing them to fool themselves that they have discovered something profound about themselves and that they are therefore, by extension, profound.

/Cynical bastard.
    Well there are four parts to the perception of a personality: what is known to the individual but not to others, what is visible to the individual plus others, what is visible to others but not the individual, and what is unknown (usually these are repressed or rejected characteristics).

That's like Communications 101. So I made sure to collect a lot of feedback from people on forums when typing myself, especially people who were sincere, knew me somewhat (like knew me as an individual person and not as the forum Marmonator), and didn't have some lingering personal vendetta against me (like the ONE GUY on the ENTIRE FORUM who kept saying I was ESFJ. Right. OK. That totally makes sense, one guy on the entire forum projecting one's own anima issues, n'est-ce pas?). Which is why you have to be careful in collecting this objective feedback that is visible to others and not to yourself, you have to ask a wide variety of people, including people who like and are simply neutral toward you, or who may even dislike some things about you, but aren't personally hostile toward you.

There's this one chick where I have been living, and everyone keeps telling her she's irrational, and she's got this false self-image like "I'm a nice, important person" and I'm not saying she's never nice, but its rehearsed forms of "niceness" like giving people gifts, otherwise she's really rude, self-absorbed, and kind of a bully. Finally she's getting kicked out, she has to leave in two days. I wonder if she'll finally understand, or continue her life utterly unexamined. She's in her 40s, btw, not 20s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Hey @Elfboy, I like the idea, but being a 6 made me answer high on almost all the SP questions, even though I'm SP-suck. Also I think the less personal commentary (eg "I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful"), the better...

/Cynical bastard.
    Who knows you better than yourself? An unfortunate truth.

I think the hope is that, when juxtaposed in certain ways, knowledge can give rise to new knowledge.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Who knows you better than yourself? An unfortunate truth.

I think the hope is that, when juxtaposed in certain ways, knowledge can give rise to new knowledge.
    If someone knows themselves perfectly well, then they won't need MBTI. The idea of classifying yourself into 1 of 16 types certainly implies accepting that someone else (who never met you), on some level understand your personality much better than you do.

It is complicated really. I know my "essence" but is that "personality" or is "personality" defined by interaction and social roles assumed? In the case of the latter, is it not much harder to view oneself based on itnrospection, than to base oneself on external objective criteria?

Personally, I believe MBTI is limited to observing "roles" and tells you NOTHING about your "true self", therefore I believe it should not be based on introspection, but on external crtieria.

To truly "know yourself", forget MBTI or any other personality theory. IMO.

Both are userful btw.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If someone knows themselves perfectly well, then they won't need MBTI. The idea of classifying yourself into 1 of 16 types certainly implies accepting that someone else (who never met you), on some level understand your personality much better than you do.

It is complicated really. I know my "essence" but is that "personality" or is "personality" defined by interaction and social roles assumed? In the case of the latter, is it not much harder to view oneself based on itnrospection, than to base oneself on external objective criteria?

Personally, I believe MBTI is limited to observing "roles" and tells you NOTHING about your "true self", therefore I believe it should not be based on introspection, but on external crtieria.

To truly "know yourself", forget MBTI or any other personality theory. IMO.

Both are userful btw.
    Actually I think delved into deeply enough, MBTI and Jungian function theory are great tools for self-development, and learning to see why other people value different functions than you do. It has to be delved into deeply enough, though. Half-assed understanding just perpetuates more lack of self and social understanding.

Knowing your Self, in some kind of spiritual sense or deep psychological healthy self-love of course has to come through some other form than MBTI, but MBTI can be one of the tools, a step on the road.

I've thought about what you're saying, but even when I've been studying Eastern mysticism and yogas, apparently some gurus and enlightened yogis still retain their individual personalities after reaching enlightenment, and they express it all differently.

It's why I get annoyed with people who are like "oh Mother Theresa still had flaws" and "Gandhi was a politician." It's like duh you jack-ass, they aren't God, they are simply enlightened human beings who are still going to show human flaws to some degree, even following enlightenment.

And I think that may be where things like personality type is still quite relevant.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

normal results

sp: 37
    sx: 14
    so: 6
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Knowing your Self, in some kind of spiritual sense or deep psychological healthy self-love of course has to come through some other form than MBTI, but MBTI can be one of the tools, a step on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla
    In the case of the latter, is it not much harder to view oneself based on itnrospection, than to base oneself on external objective criteria?

On the contrary, the MBTI is a classification of your internal thought processes, and is an analysis of introspection. That it was developed by people outside oneself doesn't make it unapplicable internally. The MBTI is a reflection of how you think - if you're basing it on societal roles, that's a very different application than what it was developed for, and it crosses the line of internal thoughts to external behaviors. As far as I am aware, most people here see the MBTI as an internal descriptor, not an external measurement.

If it were external, shouldn't we be asking more questions about behavior?