User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    :

If it were external, shouldn't we be asking more questions about behavior?
    Yes. I only trust tests which ask questions about behaviour, IMO the rest is as a I described above, a reflection of self-delusion, pretentious, and a waste of time.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I am a bastard sometimes but it's not out of maliciousness, just honesty.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hey @Elfboy, I like the idea, but being a 6 made me answer high on almost all the SP questions, even though I'm SP-suck.
    I was concerned about this myself, as I'm pretty sure I have 6 in my tri-type (even though I don't suck at it). And most people think I'm sx/sp, which is what I thought at first, but then some people think I have so first or second. I don't know, as other tests have always put sx first and then sp and so equal and close behind it. But yours did this:

sp: 38/50
    sx/so: 29/50

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As far as I am aware, most people here see the MBTI as an internal descriptor, not an external measurement.
    The way I see people treating the MBTI here though is based on external measurement or what Jung called the persona.

If it were external, shouldn't we be asking more questions about behavior?
    And it does ergo the I/E and J/P dichotomies for example if I am going to be really obvious, and both are very foreign and far away from what Jung intended. I think Jung is much more about cognition than the MBTI is, which is mostly about behavior and appearances.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was concerned about this myself, as I'm pretty sure I have 6 in my tri-type (even though I don't suck at it). And most people think I'm sx/sp, which is what I thought at first, but then some people think I have so first or second. I don't know, as other tests have always put sx first and then sp and so equal and close behind it. But yours did this:

sp: 38/50
    sx/so: 29/50
    Stop concern yourself with tritypes. Focus on your dominant type first, then instincts in that order. After you've figured that out you can start looking at wings and tritype.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Stop concern yourself with tritypes. Focus on your dominant type first, then instincts in that order. After you've figured that out you can start looking at wings and tritype.
    Well, I'm not absolutely sure of my dominant type yet; so I have to consider everything. And if I can nail down my instincts that could explain some type characteristics, and might help narrow it down. At least if you agree with what Elfboy said about them overlapping somewhat. You probably don't, but I don't know what the answer is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

With the edits made so far to the test:

so- 21/50
    sp- 27/50
    sx- 33/50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, I'm not absolutely sure of my dominant type yet; so I have to consider everything. And if I can nail down my instincts that could explain some type characteristics, and might help narrow it down. At least if you agree with what Elfboy said about them overlapping somewhat. You probably don't, but I don't know what the answer is.
    Don't. Focus on one thing which is your core type. It's too easy using tritype as an excuse to claim to be a core type you're not because of tritype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Good test. SX is so me it hurts. Although I have a comment to make @Elfboy: question 6 is not entirely "correct" (for me, and i think generally for an sx-dom): i do have the feeling of being somewhat incomplete, but it's not directly related to another person...it's related to a meaning... i don't think sx-doms are necessarily looking for another person, they are just looking for something to complete them, but that can also be a "sexless" passion like music or an adventure or food, i don't know. i know that indeed i'm all or nothing, i like to experience, i like to feel, i like to "unite" and normally i like one-to-one relationships BUT i can replace a person with a wonderful piece of music or something else that makes me "feel" and completes me, in a way.

SO 16
    SP 31
    SX 44

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Don't. Focus on one thing which is your core type. It's too easy using tritype as an excuse to claim to be a core type you're not because of tritype.
    Well if I've isolated 3 of them as the tri-type, I've narrowed it down, but if I don't know which is the core type, any of then could be potentially. And if I'm not sure it's one of those 3, then I'm back to where I started. How are you presuming I'm supposed to be sure of one type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well if I've isolated 3 of them as the tri-type, I've narrowed it down, but if I don't know which is the core type, any of then could be potentially. And if I'm not sure it's one of those 3, then I'm back to where I started. How are you presuming I'm supposed to be sure of one type?
    By reading, introspecting, more reading...? Sure, trying to narrow down your core type by first going to tritype isn't always a bad idea but it also easily leads to false assumptions about yourself because you're in denial which we are all about our type to some degree or another. I was for example which is why I rather typed as 4 than 5.