User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Let's see how much I can recall about my lack of sp.

• My friends take more care of me than I do for myself.
    • I party too hard and end up regretting it the morning after.
    • Sometimes I don't even notice when I'm hungover.
    • My default response when offered something good for me is "I'm okay, thanks." I don't even know why.
    • I'll stay up until 3/4 AM despite knowing I'll have to be up in 2 hours to take care of my dog and grandpa.
    • I'll also sleep deprive myself by waiting up for my best friend in New Zealand to come on Skype.
    • If I'm sick or suffering from something, I have a hard time describing what it is.
    • My room is completely disorganized.
    • Anything matter concerning money is completely foreign to me.
    • I disregard risks in favor of excitement.
    • I can go fucking broke in Monopoly.
    • I'll completely exhaust myself because I want to make sure I did something worthwhile every day.
    • I love cuddling with cats despite knowing that I'm really allergic to them.
    • I never pay attention to instructions and end up being extremely uncoordinated at first.
    Yes to the bolded!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

right, that's it. is it possible to not have TWO of these? because i think i don't have So, but I also don't have Sp. is there any bonafide quiz out there that can help me understand if i'm Sx/Sp or Sx/So? Thanks.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    right, that's it. is it possible to not have TWO of these? because i think i don't have So, but I also don't have Sp. is there any bonafide quiz out there that can help me understand if i'm Sx/Sp or Sx/So? Thanks.
    for starters
    http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...stackings.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...iant-test.html

in my opinion, you're probably Sx/So and have an obvious 1w2 fix. you see
    - 7s are self centered, hedonistic and easy on themselves
    - so are 8s, who are also less moral
    - 7 and 8 are all about how do I get more for me
    - So blindspot are oblivious to the social sphere and prefer not to think of it

you, on the other hand, believe in a system in which people work completely for the sake of each other rather than for personal gain or even survival. this is exactly the opposite of what 7 and 8 are about. the influence of the superego is is clear in both your expression of political views and in your posts in general.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

I'm not really sure. If I was, it wouldn't be my blind spot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    A lot of this is relatable to me & I'm sp first. Actually, you will see many who identify as iNtuitive in MBTI/Jungian theory note these things, just as many introverts identify with supposed so-last traits.

I'm not saying you are not sp-last, but it's more complex than that to be sp-dom. I hate stopping to eat & cook also & often forget or am totally oblivious to body signals, but it can become a fixation if I'm in a situation where I don't feel I have personal control of my well-being. Sp-dom is more like FREEDOM to provide for yourself, and as long as you feel you have that ability, then you may easily forget or become inconvenience by such "maintenance". This is why sp-dom are associated a bit with being detached & independent from people - its as if being too close to others can be a "threat" to your survival. But then this is also coming from an SO-last SP-dom, so forming social bonds & niches is not something I find comforting like many do (rather a chore & a confusing one at that).

As a side, a lot of Western culture is very SP, IMO. There's this emphasis on kids leaving home to be independent & support themselves, make their own way, etc. The cultures can make people very insular, not communal at all. SO is a blindspot in US culture, IMO. People often need organizations & whatnot to form social bonds/circles & find niches, as opposed to some cultures where group community interaction is just everyday life without anything formal necessary. As far as how this affects individuals, I think this is why many don't identity with so-first even if they are. It's not a cultural value (and most here are from Western cultures).
    Thanks for that. I was actually thinking while I was writing my other post that probably any intuitive would have a bit of this too.

Hmm . . . I’m curious, how can being too close to others be like a threat to survival if you’re sp-dom? Is it because others can take up your time that could be spent taking care of your needs?

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that one sp blind spot I have is living independently. It’s just not something I have prioritized in the past. When I became an adult, I assumed that I would be married soon and that my husband would take care of my financial needs. (In the odd—American—subculture where I’m from but have since left, it’s very common to be married by the age of 22. And I realize this doesn’t sound like a very feminist stance to take, but that subculture isn’t very female-friendly in the first place—one of the reasons I’m glad to have left it.) So I just waited and lived at my mom’s house. I’m still not married, so now it’s become a necessity to learn to live on my own. I have moved out of my mom’s house, and just now I’m being forced to learn all the skills that I never bothered to before, things like when to use storm windows, how to budget money, etc. Even still, the idea of living totally on my own doesn’t appeal to me, and I would probably always have a roommate even if I could afford everything on my own. In a way, I do still look to others first to have the skills to do these things. If I had to live totally on my own, I’d probably burn the place down within a year because of some meter I forgot to check or some lightbulb I didn’t replace properly.

That’s why I say I’m glad for my sp-first best friend, because she basically saw my lack of skills in survival and was like, “Please let me teach you!!!” Learning these things isn’t a chore if it’s helping me to connect with someone close to me.

Regarding Western culture being sp-focused, that reminds me of the generational tendency nowadays to have trouble finding a job that can get you a living wage and to live at your parents’ house longer because of that. This country being sp-oriented isn’t the sole reason (or probably even the main one) that older generations look at the younger generation with contempt because of that, but I’m sure it contributes to it.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Thanks for being offensive. I've already taken the official one, i think i had balanced so-sp. I didn't say I was a starter and I've already read all of these (otherwise I would do so instead of writing here). It might actually be that the theoretical system of the instinctual variants is wrong or not applicable to everyone.
    Thanks for your opinion (which I didn't ask), but unfortunately I don't think a vague internet interaction gives you enough insight on my personality for you to analyse me. If you really want to know, I don't even think you've got your own type right (or even have a clear understanding of MBTI), so I dont think you're qualified to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    for starters
    http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...stackings.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...iant-test.html

in my opinion, you're probably Sx/So and have an obvious 1w2 fix. you see
    - 7s are self centered, hedonistic and easy on themselves
    - so are 8s, who are also less moral
    - 7 and 8 are all about how do I get more for me
    - So blindspot are oblivious to the social sphere and prefer not to think of it

you, on the other hand, believe in a system in which people work completely for the sake of each other rather than for personal gain or even survival. this is exactly the opposite of what 7 and 8 are about. the influence of the superego is is clear in both your expression of political views and in your posts in general.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Thanks for being offensive. I've already taken the official one, i think i had balanced so-sp. I didn't say I was a starter and I've already read all of these (otherwise I would do so instead of writing here). It might actually be that the theoretical system of the instinctual variants is wrong or not applicable to everyone.
    Thanks for your opinion (which I didn't ask), but unfortunately I don't think a vague internet interaction gives you enough insight on my personality for you to analyse me. If you really want to know, I don't even think you've got your own type right (or even have a clear understanding of MBTI), so I dont think you're qualified to get mine.
    I'm sorry if you think me saying you lack the natural weaknesses of 7 and 8 is an insult
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I identify with a lot of what @LeaT said.

I moved across country almost two years ago. I didn't let my family know except for one of my sisters, my ex, and one of my cousins (I was infuriated when he went a blabbed to the rest of the family!). Once more people knew (and they don't know exactly where), they emailed me names and numbers of people to "contact in case you need support". I'm thinking, what kind of support? It would never occur to me to do this.

Team is one of my most disliked words. I have never felt a part of any group. At best, I'm on the edges of it...the alien observer.

I was scheduled to have surgery and my first thought was how many train and bus transfers it would take to get me back home after it was done. My roommate would have gladly taken me and brought me back home but I didn't want to involve him. It's bad enough that I have to rely on the doctors to take care of this issue.

I've done some really crazy, miracle hoop-jumping in order to fix things without involving another person in it.
    I identify with your post so much. Ironic for an SO last. :-)

I'm pretty horrible with social games. I can see alliances, but I usually don't notice how they affect me until it's too late. I just don't want to do whatever it is I would have to to join in. I love having friends, but I don't like complicated friendships. I would never have a frenemy.

Oddly, I am totally obsessed with Survivor and would love to play it. Wonder if a person's instincts even out over time...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I am curious how your blind spot manifests?

Also, if you know your enneagram, tritype, and/or MBTI, it could be helpful to list those too.
    I'm INTJ and tritype 125 with the core of 1w2. Being self-preservation subtype was very obvious but it took me some time to see which one was my blind spot, sexual or social, since neither of those seemed very crucial to me at the first glance.

Then I noticed that a lot of my Enneagram type, 1w2, focuses not only on the self-preservation issues but also on the social issues I unfortunately have to observe around me all the time. So many things make me really furious and wish I could interfere and do something about it.

While social issues are just something I cannot be indifferent about, I'm still not sociable by myself. I don't need much socializing and I don't need to deepen my friendships but quite the contrary, I'm not at all interested in people that way, I'm not interested to know them deeply and I'm even less interested to share my personal issues with them. Some have said, envy in their voice, I have many good acquaintances that would become good friends if I only wanted but that leaves me indifferent. The best socializing activity for me is playing board games with others.

I guess it is also associated with this, having the blindspot of sx, that I'm not very expressive or that I don't seem emotional or enthusiastic even if I feel that way by myself. I find it unnecessary to even aim at letting my reactions become visible but I also feel I just couldn't do it even if I wanted to. It would be very unnatural for me. Sometimes people consider me cold or dull while I don't feel that way at all.

Stansmith

SP-last

-I only think about SP-related stuff at the last minute, and even then, any SP-related thing I do is to validate my Social worth. When I look for a job or internship it's less "the economy yada, yada, yada" and more "I'll get to buy more clothes, a car, make cool Manhattan friends and look busy"

-I sort of just "drift" through life. I see people actively working towards their careers, while I just focus on what I'm gonna do today or next week. It's amazing how quickly time can pass before I realize I've done nothing productive.

-I don't have a license or permit, and I'm unaware of when i need to go to a doctor's or dentist's appointment

-I spend impulsively

-I'm not persistent with job searching. I've probably handed in a dozen resumes tops, and I'm mainly focused on the aesthetics and social factor of the work environment than just plain having a job. Supreme store? Yes. Soup Kitchen or Bob's Discount Furniture? Nah.

-my room is messy

Yada yada yada.