User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My blind spot as an sp-dom is likely my intense need for space. Especially under stress. I won't always tell people I'm falling off the planet. I'll want to just not interact for a week straight. Obviously this can upset friends. Something to work on, I suppose.

I value my boundaries and space so much that I refuse to use Facebook/create an account, & rarely use instant messenger programs. Needless to say, I can be rather hard to track down, if I don't want to be found.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Thanks for the clarification, @OrangeAppled. And great post; it all resonates with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmariev View Post
    You sound rather SX/SO, but what would I know? Vive la difference!
    The only people I know who DON'T think @The Great One is sx/so are the people he alludes to from typewatch, who typed him almost exclusively from video "vibe". He seems very certain of being high sp, even though he acknowledges that his sp focus was learned, late in life and as the result of post-childhood external factors.

/derail
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I see SP last people as types who feel a guilt or, yes, sometimes a weakness over caring for their individual physical/emotional needs. I think this is why they project materialism or security-seeking onto SP-dom, which doesn't ring true when you are one (much as SO stereotypes can be projections from so-last types). So while I have a certain obliviousness or disinterest in some stereotypical SP things, I don't feel any guilt or weakness for caring for them when I am aware of them. And I tend to be aware of them most when I don't feel in control of the situation.
    I see primary and last instincts in having some cross over because of the ability for both areas to be out of balance, personally Sp needs aren't something I feel guilt about, they are simply things I do not pay attention to because they just don't matter to me. Primary instincts can cause issues because they can be so much of a preoccupation that they express in unhealthy ways, ie Social doms being fiercely anti-social, and this is when people jumping in as So-lasters sprouting all these stereotypical views of how So doms are all revelling in the eternal party of group-joining activism is frustrating and misguided, I see it as more of an indication of no comprehension of what being motivated by So needs would be like, because they never look there themselves, so they fall back on stereotypes as it's all they've got. The same goes for Sp-lasters misrepresenting Sp needs, I don't understand them, because it's never a focus point, so the area's a Sp last neglects can easily be transformed into an image of what being Sp first may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I don't care what people think of me unless I care about them personally

I guess that's an So blind spot?
    Totally. A former work colleague once said to someone who said something offensive to her, "Sorry honey but you are not close enough to me for me to care about what you think of me." In good old 9 fashion I don't like conflict but at the same time I don't give a monkey's what most people think of me, these people are not close enough for me to care, if you don't genuinely know who I am as a person why should I care about your opinion of me and my life?

I guess also another So last blind spot is that the concept of status goes straight over my head, I obviously don't want to be the lowest of the low but I would never join an exclusive group because I would feel bad for the people being excluded. I also just don't care if you want me in your exclusive club or not, if not so what?

Am also thinking about how being a 9 and a Sp first correlate. I guess the Sp shows in that I am very protective of my 9 desire to feel at peace on the inside, drama queens and hysterical people will immediately set off all my alarm bells and I will keep them as far away from me as possible, I don't do unnecessary drama or emotional turmoil.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    My blind spot as an sp-dom is likely my intense need for space.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Totally. A former work colleague once said to someone who said something offensive to her, "Sorry honey but you are not close enough to me for me to care about what you think of me." In good old 9 fashion I don't like conflict but at the same time I don't give a monkey's what most people think of me, these people are not close enough for me to care, if you don't genuinely know who I am as a person why should I care about your opinion of me and my life?

I guess also another So last blind spot is that the concept of status goes straight over my head, I obviously don't want to be the lowest of the low but I would never join an exclusive group because I would feel bad for the people being excluded. I also just don't care if you want me in your exclusive club or not, if not so what?

Am also thinking about how being a 9 and a Sp first correlate. I guess the Sp shows in that I am very protective of my 9 desire to feel at peace on the inside, drama queens and hysterical people will immediately set off all my alarm bells and I will keep them as far away from me as possible, I don't do unnecessary drama or emotional turmoil.
    I'm So dom and I feel the same way as you do about other people's opinions of me, and status, to a lessor degree. I do instinctively see status and interconnections though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I'm So dom and I feel the same way as you do about other people's opinions of me, and status, to a lessor degree. I do instinctively see status and interconnections though.
    So how do our very different So stackings make us different then considering we feel the same way about status and people's opinions of us? Does it also have something to do with our MBTI type? As a T you might care far less about other people's opinions of you anyway then I do as a major Fe user, but since you are a So first you have very good rational insights into people's relationships and can use this data for your advantage. I might not care about status but as a Fe user I am still aware enough of the relationships around me to not constantly put my foot in my mouth or come across as rude by stepping on social norms (which is heightened by the 9 desire not to create unnecessary conflict). So if I was a big Fe user AND a So first (and to top it off a SJ) I might be the overly status conscious kind of parent who nags their kids all the time about "what the other people might think", while if you were a T AND a So last you might be far less in tune with the interconnections around you. Am just throwing out my thoughts here.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    So how do our very different So stackings make us different then considering we feel the same way about status and people's opinions of us? Does it also have something to do with our MBTI type? As a T you might care far less about other people's opinions of you anyway then I do as a major Fe user, but since you are a So first you have very good rational insights into people's relationships and can use this data for your advantage. I might not care about status but as a Fe user I am still aware enough of the relationships around me to not constantly put my foot in my mouth or come across as rude by stepping on social norms (which is heightened by the 9 desire not to create unnecessary conflict). So if I was a big Fe user AND a So first (and to top it off a SJ) I might be the overly status conscious kind of parent who nags their kids all the time about "what the other people might think", while if you were a T AND a So last you might be far less in tune with the interconnections around you. Am just throwing out my thoughts here.
    Your suggestion of what is seen v what someone may care about is where I was going, so yup.

It's about what So is v how So lasters perceive it to be as it's a blind spot as per my above post (same with Sx and Sp), for relevance I'm very prone to flipping into Anti-social patterns as a So dom, it's an area that I have an imbalanced relationship due to my strong preoccupation, so misconceptions about what So are tend to exclude how I wear it. Status and caring how someone see's you is something some So doms will be focused on, I imagine your average non-So 3 (maybe even your average image-fix types) cares more about that then the average of all So doms though, it's more about focus and awareness imo.

To be clear, we probably don't feel exactly the same about status, I'm aware of it and there are ways I care, it's just not that big of a deal to me and I do not pursue it.

As a So dom 9 my preoccupation is looking for a feeling of belonging, and never actually feeling it, I'm drawn to social groups, but I am very much on the fringe observing because I do not feel like I fit, which is the So 9 curse. For me my So is seeing all the social interconnections and struggling to comprehend that not everyone else does that because it's just so instinctive to me that zero effort is put into it. It's knowing who to approach and how in order to achieve what I want, understanding social etiquette expectations and being more inclined than non So-doms to adhere to them, especially with the 9 desire of not causing discomfort to others for the drama it may return, it's walking into the room and knowing how to work it like a politician would, even if you are never actually going to do so.

The not caring what others think of me, well I think part of it is possibly about my NTness, much of it would have to do with the 9 un-invested view on things, how can you care if you're not actually invested in the first place, we're good at our ability to be unaffected. Being So dom doesn't change that.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I love to cook. I hate to cook for myself. If there's no one there to enjoy it, it's pointless.

When I cook, it's not enough to make an ordinary version of something. It needs to be memorable, and I will spend a considerable amount of time determining what recipe I want to use, or how I'd like to modify it.

I have no problem spending 16+ hours making a barbecue brisket, and eating only a few bites when I'm done.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Let's see how much I can recall about my lack of sp.

• My friends take more care of me than I do for myself.
    • I party too hard and end up regretting it the morning after.
    • Sometimes I don't even notice when I'm hungover.
    • My default response when offered something good for me is "I'm okay, thanks." I don't even know why.
    • I'll stay up until 3/4 AM despite knowing I'll have to be up in 2 hours to take care of my dog and grandpa.
    • I'll also sleep deprive myself by waiting up for my best friend in New Zealand to come on Skype.
    • If I'm sick or suffering from something, I have a hard time describing what it is.
    • My room is completely disorganized.
    • Any matter concerning money is completely foreign to me.
    • I disregard risks in favor of excitement.
    • I can go fucking broke in Monopoly.
    • I'll completely exhaust myself because I want to make sure I did something worthwhile every day.
    • I love cuddling with cats despite knowing that I'm really allergic to them.
    • I never pay attention to instructions and end up being extremely uncoordinated at first.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so