User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 82

  1. #11
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Do you suppose having 6 first or second in the tritype could mitigate an sp blind spot?

    Could 9 and 3 mitigate an so blind spot?

  2. #12
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Do you suppose having 6 first or second in the tritype could mitigate an sp blind spot?

    Could 9 and 3 mitigate an so blind spot?
    No. 9s can have soc blind spot for example. It just determines the our focus take. So let's say our instinct is the direction of our focus, if it's social, sexual or self-presevervation. Our core motivations then shapes this focus in various ways so an sp 5 is going to be the most introverted and 5 of the 5, very private and stingy and emphasize their avarice the most. A soc 5 can seem more outgoing but what they are drawn to are people who represent ideas and they can seek a special standing where people seek them out for knowledge and expertise. A sexual 5 is in contrast the least 5-ish of the 5, appearing to not express their avarice at all and is often willing to share of themselves in a way that's very opposite of the sp 5 because whereas the sp 5 emphasizes a retentive attitude because all 5s think that we can only survive by holding back, the sx 5 uses sharing as a way to connect in an intimate manner.

    With that said, I do think tritypes can make people appear differently than their core along with their instincts but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that. It's important to realize the basics of the instincts and then study how this interplays with our core motivations. It's only then that you'll fully realize a type's nature.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  3. #13
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    No. 9s can have soc blind spot for example. It just determines the our focus take. So let's say our instinct is the direction of our focus, if it's social, sexual or self-presevervation. Our core motivations then shapes this focus in various ways so an sp 5 is going to be the most introverted and 5 of the 5, very private and stingy and emphasize their avarice the most. A soc 5 can seem more outgoing but what they are drawn to are people who represent ideas and they can seek a special standing where people seek them out for knowledge and expertise. A sexual 5 is in contrast the least 5-ish of the 5, appearing to not express their avarice at all and is often willing to share of themselves in a way that's very opposite of the sp 5 because whereas the sp 5 emphasizes a retentive attitude because all 5s think that we can only survive by holding back, the sx 5 uses sharing as a way to connect in an intimate manner.

    With that said, I do think tritypes can make people appear differently than their core along with their instincts but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that. It's important to realize the basics of the instincts and then study how this interplays with our core motivations. It's only then that you'll fully realize a type's nature.
    Ok, good information. So you don't think then that one could be sp last but still take pretty good care of the self because of 6's need for security? Or being so last but still have so like drives and needs along with some understanding because of being a more social number? I don't know what sx last being balanced out would look like. None of the numbers really seem to correspond in their motivations, except maybe 4, but that's more focused on the self than merging I think. Sorry if research would answer this question. What I've read doesn't really go into it. I just need really specific details in order to understand distinctions.

  4. #14
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    ISTP 5w6 3w4 8w9 SO/SP.

    My blindspot is SX.

    It manifests in the fact that I avoid intimacy like the plague. I have never had an intimate relationship. I also tend to see SX-first energy as reckless and overwhelming. The idea of "merging" makes me extremely uncomfortable. I definitely put a reign on my more unruly passions. @Maybe, your signature quote is quintessentially SX-dom, while one philosophy I live by ("everything in moderation") is quintessentially SX-last.

    However, I resent some descriptions that say SX-last lacks passion. I don't think the SX-last types lack passion; they just have a different sort of passion, a different focus. It's true that I do not have the charisma of an SX-dom or sec type. However, I am by no means a boring person, nor have I ever viewed myself as such, although I can see how SP/SOs and SO/SPs could think that. I often jokingly say that I have a very boring life. A favorite saying of mine is "same shit, different day." But, I have a rich mental life of ideas and experiences. I can be very charming, when I set my mind to it. But I'm still very detached, and people who want to bear their souls to people they just met is a foreign concept to me.
    I could have easily written all of this myself. I have been in a few intimate relationships but none that lasted more than about 6 months. I don't place the importance on being in an intimate relationship that many people do.

    It's a common misconception that SX last types are boring people lacking passion and I think it's partly why you don't see as many people on these forums admitting to being SX last.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  5. #15
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Some good examples of my lack of sp:
    • Response to my allergist when he asked me if I felt any different after two years of allergy shots: Emphatic Shrug
    • Not having a good instinctive understanding of my physical needs. Dialogue between me and sp-using friends: "Ugh, I just feel so drained and burned out..." "Go to bed!" "But I don't feel sleepy..." "You are. Go to bed."
    • Setting aside personal needs in order to get stuff done, and then regretting it later. (See above. I tend to burn myself out.)
    i think i've had nearly the exact same conversations.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Some good examples of my lack of sp:
    • Seeing caretaking in emotional terms, more than physical terms; being there for someone mentally, but not thinking to offer them things in the physical realm, to help them out.
    curiously, i don't identify with this as much - acts of service is a big part of my love languages (though also manifests as affection with friends).

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    But the thing is, when I do focus on my own physical/mental needs, it's usually as a means to an end, and not as a goal in itself. Something I focus on when it feels necessary -- and ONLY when it feels necessary -- because, as mentioned above, I do tend to undervalue sp foci.)
    i identify with that completely: fitness is a means of providing myself with distraction and to an extent the zen of repetition, my health in general is a means to appear healthy & attractive, and financially this is true to the extreme, for me money is a sociological need a lot more then survival.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok, good information. So you don't think then that one could be sp last but still take pretty good care of the self because of 6's need for security? Or being so last but still have so like drives and needs along with some understanding because of being a more social number? I don't know what sx last being balanced out would look like. None of the numbers really seem to correspond in their motivations, except maybe 4, but that's more focused on the self than merging I think. Sorry if research would answer this question. What I've read doesn't really go into it. I just need really specific details in order to understand distinctions.
    The 6 need for security is not the same as the self-preservation need for security. You need to learn to see the instincts as a stand-alone thing unrelated to the type. After you've done that you can start mapping them back to type and see how it differentiates between since as I said, it shapes our focus. Also, if you focus a lot on say, security associated with the 6, then you are expressing sp 6 tendencies. That's how the overlap works. An soc 6 is going to focus more on either being for or against the community and seek community belonging and so on.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I could have easily written all of this myself. I have been in a few intimate relationships but none that lasted more than about 6 months. I don't place the importance on being in an intimate relationship that many people do.

    It's a common misconception that SX last types are boring people lacking passion and I think it's partly why you don't see as many people on these forums admitting to being SX last.
    Probably, although I've never had a long-lasting relationship either and I've been single for 8+ years now while seeing a few people inbetween but never leading to something that lasts. I wonder if that's just not a 5 thing though. Romantic pursuits isn't quite up the in 5 arena as something that probably comes as naturally for us as other types. With that said, as opposed to you, I do long for and desire a romantic partner (just turned more sour due to recent events that occurred last year) so I think that's probably the only real focus between us.

    And I think soc and sx are passionate about different things, clearly. It's just that we kind of understand it differently. I think when we talk about passion in a general sense, it's probably biased towards the sx instinct though.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  8. #18
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    curiously, i don't identify with this as much - acts of service is a big part of my love languages (though also manifests as affection with friends).
    I may not have phrased that point very well. :/ In part because I had several intertwining points in mind, within that broader point.

    - Let's say I have friends over for dinner. Yeah, I'll want the place to look nice, I'll want to serve them good food, good drinks. But that's not why they're there -- they're there for time with each other and time with me. Thus, if the food turns out poorly and we have to order pizza, or something to that effect, I won't consider the evening a failure. I'll only consider the evening a failure if no one has a good time. Thus, once again, sp as a means to an end: the goal is for them to feel at home mentally, and if physical needs are what it takes to get there, then so be it. Otherwise: what the hell.

    - Because I don't have an instinctive understanding of my own sp needs, I'm not as good at helping other people with their own sp needs, unless they're incredibly obvious. Got a cold? "You should take medicine, drink fluids, and get a lot of sleep!" Feeling stressed? "Give yourself a mental health break, maybe switch assignments for a little while to freshen your mind up a bit!" But if you're vaguely burned out or exhausted or something? "I dunno, just tough it out until the week is over and you can relax on the weekend? That's what I would do!" So as much as I would like to help, and as much as I always try to help my friends with whatever they need help with, whenever they need it, there are some things that I'm just ill-equipped to advise them on, and I'd argue that sp needs are one of those things.

    Edit: Could still be a love languages thing? I'm fairly certain that my primary love language is quality time.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #19
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    The 6 need for security is not the same as the self-preservation need for security. You need to learn to see the instincts as a stand-alone thing unrelated to the type. After you've done that you can start mapping them back to type and see how it differentiates between since as I said, it shapes our focus. Also, if you focus a lot on say, security associated with the 6, then you are expressing sp 6 tendencies. That's how the overlap works. An soc 6 is going to focus more on either being for or against the community and seek community belonging and so on.
    Ah, makes sense.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I may not have phrased that point very well. :/ In part because I had several intertwining points in mind, within that broader point.

    - Let's say I have friends over for dinner. Yeah, I'll want the place to look nice, I'll want to serve them good food, good drinks. But that's not why they're there -- they're there for time with each other and time with me. Thus, if the food turns out poorly and we have to order pizza, or something to that effect, I won't consider the evening a failure.
    That's funny to read because I'd totally see it as a failure. I arranged a birthday party when I had my birthday this year and I invited my close family to come. So I decided to prepare by having a cake to offer and so on but the problem was that I didn't have time to finish the cake. I considered it a catastrophe and a failure (let alone I felt incredibly incompetent at party hosting which just reinforced my feelings that this is not one of my strengths and I shouldn't do it again).

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] ISFJ Personality Traits - What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By chatoyer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  2. [ESFP] What does an unhealthy ESFP look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 01:13 AM
  4. [ISFJ] What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:28 AM
  5. What does your comfort zone look like?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO