User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 46

  1. #31
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    i was just wondering, cause i like so sp's except for their selfish evil tendencies.
    Ben Stiller: ENFJ 6w7 So/Sp
    Nelson Mandella: 1w2 So/Sp
    J.R.R. Tolkien: INFP 9w1 So/Sp
    Andy Sandberg: ENFP 7w6 So/Sp
    Mel Brooks: ENTP 7w6 So/Sp
    Michael Cera: I?FP 6w7 So/Sp
    Helen Palmer: INFJ 6w5 So/Sp

    ......I could go on
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #32
    Member Vergil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    for your information, im 100% certain im an infj.
    uhuh..and your certainty about your type, fraught with misunderstandings, oversimplifications, gross misjudgement and good ol' irrationality, means a lot.

    "2) Uhuh, both view each other as evil, but there is another objective "evil" (which I assume you have defined and which also happens to be identical to the "evil" as defined by the "unselfish" instincts), but the "unselfish" ones are correct because you said so. Right."

    its rather simple, who is more evil, the one who acts so or the one who thinks so? and thats where my point is, the good insticts dont tend to act evil, the most evil thing a healthy good sider does are their opinions which then imaginatively hurt others. so that does seem a fair objective judgment to me.
    One of the following is true. Take your pick.
    (A)This is gibberish.

    (B) The good don't do evil...they just think evil, only once in a while, and "imaginatively hurt" other people. And despite this they continue to be good, because...? Let me guess, because the handbook to good and evil instincts (which, I believe, you have authored) declared them good.
    So, it's just you and your ridiculous notions waltzing about on this forum.

    "You are not trying to accept all instincts. You are attempting to demonize."

    demonize? you see, im trying to see good even in people who support such evil selfish causes like capitalism, how am i demonizing anyone if im just exposing their true nature?

    theres a whole religion or two who agree with me in this matter, see christianity "dont try to be god" rule (which demonizes so sp behavior) and taoisms yin and yang. on top of that, on an objective judgment i can see that instincts too fall into evil and good categories, each side viewing their own as the good guys, which is the origin of yin and yang and christians battle against evil.
    Yeah.. I see it.
    It's like calling a black person "Charcoal" coz they're black and then saying, "Hey, I love the guy. He's my friend, but he is dark as charcoal...and Charcoal makes all my white sheets into sooty black sheets. I hate charcoal. But I still love my friend."

    Also "Don't try to be good" from Christianity, eh?
    Interesting you should bring this up. I don't know how valid that is because I wasn't raised Christian and I am currently agnostic. But...
    im trying to see good even in people who support such evil selfish causes
    ^ what's this, I wonder?
    You are trying to see "good" in "evil" people because you are "trying to be good"...? And you say Christianity supports your view?

    Inconsistencies much? (not to mention that this is still illogical)

    "4) So.. is it like.. a Christian thing?"

    each instinct produces certain types of philosophies or religions, like for sx sp produces abrahamic religions, so sp produces capitalistic self promoting philosophies,(such as americas exaggerated pride philosophy of nationalism) sx so produces rationality and efficacy philosophies and so sx produces positivism movements/religions and philosophies such as the brony movement, hippy movement, new age, jediism and buddhism. and sp sx produces pessimistic thoughts they infect onto other people, see how that conflicts with everything so sx is about?

    and inherently, theres an enemy instinct for every philosophy/religion or movement. cant you see it? =|
    Let's just conclude it all by saying "You don't know what the hell you're talking about" and stop it at that. kthxbai.
    Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.

    ~George Bernard Shaw~


    *1w9-5w6-4w3 sx/sp* *ENTP* *ILE - selector*

  3. #33
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You realize that you just demonized every type stacking that isn't your own, right?


    Hey, hey now; not everyone with inferior Ti does, uh .. ... whatever this thread is.

    every? no, just the materialistic instincts.

    and i think every instinct has two versions of being, the unhealthy, which is the dark side of said instinct and healthy, the good side of it. although the evil instincts have this reversed, they become good instead of evil when unhealthy, and the opposite when healthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I wish it was mine. Somehow the idea tickles me fancy. Ah, one could wish... I don't care that @Elfboy thinks sp/sx is more vampiric. Sx/sp is too evil for you!

    "Also, thinking of sx/sp as evil makes more sense than so/sp due to the dark intensity sx/sp can take."

    well yeah, so sp's think its evil and so does unhealthy sx sp's. (they pretend to be so sp's in behaviour when unhealthy, although this always happens unintentionally.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
    True..
    I'm not saying all inferior Ti-s do whatever "this" is.. but, I don't see "this" coming out of any other function. Could be wrong, but I rather doubt that I'm off the mark.
    yet again, im hundred percent certain im an infj.

    "uhuh..and your certainty about your type, fraught with misunderstandings, oversimplifications, gross misjudgement and good ol' irrationality, means a lot. "

    well, sure its impossible to present the deepest of findings in a clear way without using unconscious communication which just happens to be off limits here.

    "(B) The good don't do evil...they just think evil, only once in a while, and "imaginatively hurt" other people. And despite this they continue to be good, because...? Let me guess, because the handbook to good and evil instincts (which, I believe, you have authored) declared them good.
    So, it's just you and your ridiculous notions waltzing about on this forum."

    its simple, the good siders are good from their heart and souls, we want to do the good thing even if we fail to do it. and the evil siders "good" side is that they are productive. just like yin yang described.

    "Let's just conclude it all by saying "You don't know what the hell you're talking about" and stop it at that. kthxbai."

    um really, like what is wrong with my theory? its perfect, realistic, acutely accurate and everything. ill stand by it.

    i dont quite understand how you could not be convinced by it, its after all a deep truth about reality even if its impossible to fit so much information into mere words.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  4. #34
    Member Vergil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    yet again, im hundred percent certain im an infj.
    Let me simplify this for you. Your certainty means squat when you clearly do everything an INFJ, or any other healthy type wouldn't. Your Ti is just off the charts on the unhealthy scale. You are not INFJ, no matter how much you think otherwise. I will agree to disagree at this point.

    "uhuh..and your certainty about your type, fraught with misunderstandings, oversimplifications, gross misjudgement and good ol' irrationality, means a lot. "

    well, sure its impossible to present the deepest of findings in a clear way without using unconscious communication which just happens to be off limits here.
    See, that's where you're wrong. This is not a "deepest of findings" and you are conveying very clearly, without the need for unconscious communication, that you have no intelligible understanding of the instincts.

    "(B) The good don't do evil...they just think evil, only once in a while, and "imaginatively hurt" other people. And despite this they continue to be good, because...? Let me guess, because the handbook to good and evil instincts (which, I believe, you have authored) declared them good.
    So, it's just you and your ridiculous notions waltzing about on this forum."

    its simple, the good siders are good from their heart and souls, we want to do the good thing even if we fail to do it. and the evil siders "good" side is that they are productive. just like yin yang described.
    Nice try.

    "Let's just conclude it all by saying "You don't know what the hell you're talking about" and stop it at that. kthxbai."

    um really, like what is wrong with my theory? its perfect, realistic, acutely accurate and everything. ill stand by it.

    i dont quite understand how you could not be convinced by it, its after all a deep truth about reality even if its impossible to fit so much information into mere words.
    What's wrong with your theory?? How about.... everything.
    It is not perfect (don't get me started on "perfection") and it is anything but accurate. But, you have a right to your opinion and as far as I know, no one here has said or even expressed that you are not entitled to your views, however harebrained they may be. Attempting to show you the error of your logic is futile.

    There is no truth to your words. What you proclaim to be "realistic" is all but fanciful. This whole idea is dogmatic and venomous. To decidedly group people under "good" or "evil", both being relativistic and subjective constructs, and then proclaim such categorizations to be objectively discernible and factual is as illogical as illogical gets.

    At first, I thought you were trolling with the idea and that this was all just a way to tick people off. But now, I see that you actually, seriously believe this stuff. I'm really sorry to have misjudged and I seriously hope you get better and improve/change that warped thinking of yours.

    =/
    Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.

    ~George Bernard Shaw~


    *1w9-5w6-4w3 sx/sp* *ENTP* *ILE - selector*

  5. #35
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    every? no, just the materialistic instincts.
    edit: I was wrong because I counted duplicates. You did, in fact, leave two stackings not-demonized.

    There are six possible instinctual stacking combinations:
    so/sx
    so/sp
    sx/so
    sx/sp
    sp/so
    sp/sx

    You listed four of them as outright evil (or, in the case of sp/so, as tiptoeing the line):
    so/sp
    sp/sx
    sx/so
    sp/so
    in
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    and for the record, i consider all of the evil instincts (so sp, sp sx and sx so) evil, but this is in a theoretical perspective, not my own opinions. as in my own opinion i dont consider sx so's intense rudeness as evil, although sp so's do so it makes them evil.
    Of the two remaining, one is your own. That one is bolded.
    so/sx
    sx/sp
    Last edited by garbage; 03-23-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: wait, I was wrong

  6. #36
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Don't argue with Vilku, feel sorry for him.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Of the two remaining, one is your own. That one is bolded.
    so/sx
    sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    well yeah, so sp's think its evil and so does unhealthy sx sp's. (they pretend to be so sp's in behaviour when unhealthy, although this always happens unintentionally.)
    In conclusion, sx/sp is only evil when unhealthy so you weren't entirely wrong.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Don't argue with Vilku, feel sorry for him.
    They used to laugh at Freud too.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    They used to laugh at Freud too.
    But Freud came up with his own theories independent of known ideas. Vilku is using known ideas and twisting them in a way they are not intended to be applied. That's a big difference.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  10. #40
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    They used to laugh at Freud too.
    I only wish I were laughing.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Why are there so many INFPs here...
    By rooo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 11:04 PM
  2. [E4] Why are there so many 4s here?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:44 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM
  4. [so] So's who are introverts
    By garbage in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
  5. Are there any Ns who really suck at interpreting literature or poetry?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO