User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 72

  1. #1
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default Are all so sx feminine?

    i just have noticed that even a very masculine type, entp,(male) was surprisingly feminine as i met one with 7w6 and so sx. although i dont know if it was just cause 7w6 too is the most feminine enneagram and so sx the most feminine instinct.

    but can there be remotely masculine so sx if T type and not enneagram 7w6, nine or four? although 7w8 too has that boyish childish gleam to them, although not feminine. 9w8 isnt really that feminine either, more like gayish. i just happen to have them all in my triad, am an F type, and so sx, but male? lucky me? =]

    i imagine a masculine so sx would be that grumpy soft eyed person with a soft side. maybe im now describing so sp? =|, sigh.

    like terrador of spyro:Attachment 9108 and The_Guardians_pg_15_by_Rattlesnakedefender.jpg (the green dragon)
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Why is any type more masculine or feminine than the other?

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  3. #3
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Yes, it is true that 100% of so/sx's are feminine. It is an impossibility that they could ever be even slightly masculine.

  4. #4
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    No. Jack Nicholson, Muhammad Ali, Shaq, Evander Hoylyfeld, Cary Grant, Mel Gibson, etc, all theses guys are So/Sx, they are masculinity incarnate.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  5. #5
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Why is any type more masculine or feminine than the other?
    because these qualities are in the eye of viewer, and some psychological aspects just happen to poses more of these qualities.

    could you imagine a feminine 8 or 6? even one of the most psychologically vulnerable types, isfp, appears masculine with that enneagram.(8) although them being super sensitive psychologically is ridiculous. but not really feminine.. a bit girly though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Yes, it is true that 100% of so/sx's are feminine. It is an impossibility that they could ever be even slightly masculine.
    glad you agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No. Jack Nicholson, Muhammad Ali, Shaq, Evander Hoylyfeld, Cary Grant, Mel Gibson, etc, all theses guys are So/Sx, they are masculinity incarnate.
    now that i think, i too have a masculine so sx friend. but thats only because of him being an entp and 6w7, although the so sx softness is a very feminine aspect.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    because these qualities are in the eye of viewer, and some psychological aspects just happen to poses more of these qualities.

    could you imagine a feminine 8 or 6? even one of the most psychologically vulnerable types, isfp, appears masculine with that enneagram.(8) although them being super sensitive psychologically is ridiculous. but not really feminine.. a bit girly though.
    I am not sure if you are trolling or if you really are that uneducated with regards to both MBTI and enneagram. First of all though, define femininity. Masculinity and femininity exist on a spectrum and how we perceive other people falling on this spectrum has more to do with our own personal biases.

    And yes, I can imagine a feminine 8 would uses her femininity to express her lust, and I can imagine feminine 6s equally well. And ISFPs are not one of the more psychologically vulnerable types out of the MBTI. I have NO idea where you got this idea from but it's based on some weird stereotype you got somewher which is very far from actual reality. Also, why must girly oppose femininity?

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I am not sure if you are trolling or if you really are that uneducated with regards to both MBTI and enneagram. First of all though, define femininity. Masculinity and femininity exist on a spectrum and how we perceive other people falling on this spectrum has more to do with our own personal biases.

    And yes, I can imagine a feminine 8 would uses her femininity to express her lust, and I can imagine feminine 6s equally well. And ISFPs are not one of the more psychologically vulnerable types out of the MBTI. I have NO idea where you got this idea from but it's based on some weird stereotype you got somewher which is very far from actual reality. Also, why must girly oppose femininity?
    ERM.. isfp's are supersensitive to imaginative things, they are the people who "educate" people not to watch violence cause they themselves cant stand it. they are the people who hit others because their ego has been hurt cause someone smiled at them? dont you think THAT is seriously ridiculously weak?

    girly is less mature than feminity, feminity is more sexualistic in its quality and a bit bitchy.

    define feminity? well the classical chrisstian idealization is fairly accurate and broadly accepted as _the_ feminity. or alternatively, any female infj.

    i think its you here who doesnt understand mbti.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    ERM.. isfp's are supersensitive to imaginative things, they are the people who "educate" people not to watch violence cause they themselves cant stand it. they are the people who hit others because their ego has been hurt cause someone smiled at them? dont you think THAT is seriously ridiculously weak?
    No, an ISFP is a person whose cognitive function preference is Fi as their dominant and Se auxiliary. Fi as a function operates in the sense of making personal value judgements about good and bad for example, and arrive at conclusions in this manner. I'm a Jungian Fi dominant so I know how this works very well. Essentially, if I'm with a group of people and I'm hungry, the question for me becomes, "should I express my hunger to these people?". How I arrive at this conclusion depends on my Fi values. I might for example think it's selfish to express hunger and expect others to accomondate me and my needs when others are apparently not so; or I might express my hunger because I find it ridiculous that others would ignore my physical well-being. Both are valid judgements I might arrive at in this situation depending on how hungry I am and so on.

    Se as auxiliary is a perceiving function that sees the physical world as is in an objective manner. An Se type will for example say when easting food that, "it's salty with a somewhat juicy character with a touch of sweeetness". This differs greatly to Si that would be more akin to "I like the saltness and the aftertaste of sweet". They're filtering their perception as their own internal experience. Now, I'm an Ne-Fi type and not an Se-Fi type, but the way I understand how Se operates as an auxiliary with Fi is that they simply see what things are and make value judgements about that. Those people are doing something I don't approve of so I don't like it in a more concrete as-is, manner. For example, I see this person beating up another man, it's wrong.

    Actually, I think I am terrible at describing Se with Fi. Those examples are probably just Fi. Well ok, to contrast with Ne-Fi, I think I would be more like, "I don't like how this person is beating up another man, I can understand that there are reasons for that (Ne looking for possibilities) but it doesn't mean I have to accept the behavior".

    girly is less mature than feminity, feminity is more sexualistic in its quality and a bit bitchy.
    But wouldn't girly thus also be feminine since it assumes certain traits associated with femininity?

    define feminity? well the classical chrisstian idealization is fairly accurate and broadly accepted as _the_ feminity. or alternatively, any female infj.
    Ehm, no? I have no effin' clue what you are talking about here. I'm not Christian and I doubt that the Christian view of femininity according to your specific branch of Christianity is really universal.

    i think its you here who doesnt understand mbti.
    Hardly. Try again.

    I also wonder if you aren't an ExFJ. You tend to make very broad and generalized statements about your external values. I think an IxFJ would be more accepting of things not always having such a rigid character as you frame things here. Also, your thinking seems more reminiscient of inferior T than tertiary. It's poor nevertheless. I think you should really try to look more into the theory of the MBTI instead of reading some random type profile and expect all people to be like that (although I realize this his how Je dominant types operate).

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    No, an ISFP is a person whose cognitive function preference is Fi as their dominant and Se auxiliary. Fi as a function operates in the sense of making personal value judgements about good and bad for example, and arrive at conclusions in this manner. I'm a Jungian Fi dominant so I know how this works very well. Essentially, if I'm with a group of people and I'm hungry, the question for me becomes, "should I express my hunger to these people?". How I arrive at this conclusion depends on my Fi values. I might for example think it's selfish to express hunger and expect others to accomondate me and my needs when others are apparently not so; or I might express my hunger because I find it ridiculous that others would ignore my physical well-being. Both are valid judgements I might arrive at in this situation depending on how hungry I am and so on.

    Se as auxiliary is a perceiving function that sees the physical world as is in an objective manner. An Se type will for example say when easting food that, "it's salty with a somewhat juicy character with a touch of sweeetness". This differs greatly to Si that would be more akin to "I like the saltness and the aftertaste of sweet". They're filtering their perception as their own internal experience. Now, I'm an Ne-Fi type and not an Se-Fi type, but the way I understand how Se operates as an auxiliary with Fi is that they simply see what things are and make value judgements about that. Those people are doing something I don't approve of so I don't like it in a more concrete as-is, manner. For example, I see this person beating up another man, it's wrong.

    Actually, I think I am terrible at describing Se with Fi. Those examples are probably just Fi. Well ok, to contrast with Ne-Fi, I think I would be more like, "I don't like how this person is beating up another man, I can understand that there are reasons for that (Ne looking for possibilities) but it doesn't mean I have to accept the behavior".


    Hardly. Try again.

    i dont know what all your blabbering about the Fi was about, but isfp's are still the most psychologically sensitive type.

    "
    But wouldn't girly thus also be feminine since it assumes certain traits associated with femininity?
    "
    some, but girly is more pure, innocent, while feminine is more mature and has that bitch like confidence in emotional wisdom.

    "
    Ehm, no? I have no effin' clue what you are talking about here. I'm not Christian and I doubt that the Christian view of femininity according to your specific branch of Christianity is really universal.
    "
    im talking about the classical ideal feminity, which has spread far further than just christianity cause its hundreds of years old view.
    and i think its also the stereotype of feminity, at least in my culture.

    "
    I also wonder if you aren't an ExFJ. You tend to make very broad and generalized statements about your external values. I think an IxFJ would be more accepting of things not always having such a rigid character as you frame things here. Also, your thinking seems more reminiscient of inferior T than tertiary. It's poor nevertheless. I think you should really try to look more into the theory of the MBTI instead of reading some random type profile and expect all people to be like that (although I realize this his how Je dominant types operate).
    "
    my rigidity is just unhealthy so sx behavior, we tend to become cold rational bitches when we lose our positivism due various reasons. also being an I__J might emphasize it rather boldly.

    and i havent been reading any profiles, ive long been through that phase and now my theories are entirely based on face to face observations.

    and i know i should be more accepting, but my heart is numb, cause it has suffered too much pain.

    look up from google "dark so sx" and the first links have pretty good data on unhealthy so sx's.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  10. #10
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    7w6 too is the most feminine enneagram
    I'd have thought e2 would be the most "feminine" (at least stereotypically so).

Similar Threads

  1. [so] Out of the Closet - so/sx?
    By Chanaynay in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  2. [so] Are there so sp who arent capitalists?
    By Vilku in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:59 AM
  3. [so] So Sx's who live in a box society
    By Vilku in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
  4. [so] So/Sx motivationals posters
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
  5. [so] Any so/sx people around here?
    By fidelia in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO