First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wait---you think of ENTP as a very masculine type?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    ERM.. isfp's are supersensitive to imaginative things,
    Yeah...

they are the people who "educate" people not to watch violence cause they themselves cant stand it. they are the people who hit others because their ego has been hurt cause someone smiled at them? dont you think THAT is seriously ridiculously weak?
    HOLD UP NOW.

girly is less mature than feminity, feminity is more sexualistic in its quality and a bit bitchy.

define feminity? well the classical chrisstian idealization is fairly accurate and broadly accepted as _the_ feminity. or alternatively, any female infj.

i think its you here who doesnt understand mbti.
    INFJ is the pinnacle of femininity?

I thought INFP men had a harder time, last time I checked. And women are most likely to be SFJs, SFPs, and ENFPs. Yes, ENFPs make up about 10% of the womanly population.

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

everyone is weak, just in different ways. we are all humans, animals, after all.
    If this is truly so, then why would you demonize one weakness over another? How do you find that elements of this system merit ranking among each other? At least, that's how I interpreted your idea of evil instinctual stackings, like they were somehow beneath the others - am I wrong?

And then, how would you have the audacity to call one MBTI type (ISFP) weak-minded? When the reality is that we all have some sort of weakness, and this entire thing was designed to show what the weaknesses and strengths are for every type?

I guess what I'm getting at is that there's no one person without weakness, including yourself. And there's no type that doesn't have the potential to be evil in another's eyes, so your perspective on that front is not somehow special.

according to bliss streams words of ennea 9w1 so sx's, we tend to satisfy our lack of identity with either by building a character or endlessly devouring in self analysis, ive been through the first and now im going through the second, here the article i quoted: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...stackings.html

i just have an endless need to understand the reality, its rather shame cause i can never truly succeed in my goal and thus my life is just wasted. maybe i should try to get used to the feeling of mystery.. but still, im rather proud of the progress i make, even if futile and might not necessarily aid me in being better me.

often i find psychology offers inspiration for self growth by finding new things about myself, like the most recent discovery is about how i can use all of my tritypes at the same time, to make them work as a team rather than slicing my head into pieces. and same way i see this state of flow having connection to my functions, that in the state my data seamlessly flows through all of my functions equally rather than using one function more than another.

i believe this state is the key to progress and enlightenment. the hardest part is in maintaining it, not finding it.
    That's fair. Internal enlightenment is worth seeking. I'd caution, though, that if your perception becomes out of variance with the actual state of external reality then your enlightenment might be false.
    Thinking must serve the thinker.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

according to bliss streams words of ennea 9w1 so sx's, we tend to satisfy our lack of identity with either by building a character or endlessly devouring in self analysis, ive been through the first and now im going through the second, here the article i quoted: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...stackings.html

i just have an endless need to understand the reality, its rather shame cause i can never truly succeed in my goal and thus my life is just wasted. maybe i should try to get used to the feeling of mystery.. but still, im rather proud of the progress i make, even if futile and might not necessarily aid me in being better me.

often i find psychology offers inspiration for self growth by finding new things about myself, like the most recent discovery is about how i can use all of my tritypes at the same time, to make them work as a team rather than slicing my head into pieces. and same way i see this state of flow having connection to my functions, that in the state my data seamlessly flows through all of my functions equally rather than using one function more than another.

i believe this state is the key to progress and enlightenment. the hardest part is in maintaining it, not finding it.
    I'm 9w1 so/sx as well, and I personally haven't found those methods to be very helpful. If anything, self-analysis exacerbates the sense of weak identity. If it works for you, that's great, but I always feel more whole and real when I've fixed my attention outside of myself. Moderate self-analysis is necessary, of course, but I really got the impression that Bliss Stream was referring to 9w1 so/sx's tendency towards intense solipsism as ultimately useless and damaging.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Wait---you think of ENTP as a very masculine type?
    i know sensors have a completely different idea of masculinity, but i find entp's protectiveness and all that nicely treating as masculine. it makes me feel appreciated, and like i was a female, and thats the way i like it. its the masculine ones role to treat the feminine partner with utmost care. just like those male birds who must build magnificent nests to amaze the female birds, and then some dancing to ensure amazement.. =) <3

"INFJ is the pinnacle of femininity?

I thought INFP men had a harder time,"

from the only male infp ive met, i would say he is indeed VERY girly, but thats different than feminity.
    i dont know which has it harder, but i think the primary problem for me having those qualities as a male is, that its simply not appreciated, so i feel like i must always pretend to be someone else than who i am.

and yeah, i think infj is the pinnacle of feminity.

just look at the female infj's, they represent that bitchy lion in the nature documents whose angry and not afraid to defend herself from a bit too enthusiastic male lions. and all female infj's ive come across have that feminine intensity to their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I guess what I'm getting at is that there's no one person without weakness, including yourself. And there's no type that doesn't have the potential to be evil in another's eyes, so your perspective on that front is not somehow special.

That's fair. Internal enlightenment is worth seeking. I'd caution, though, that if your perception becomes out of variance with the actual state of external reality then your enlightenment might be false.
    "If this is truly so, then why would you demonize one weakness over another? How do you find that elements of this system merit ranking among each other? At least, that's how I interpreted your idea of evil instinctual stackings, like they were somehow beneath the others - am I wrong?"

morally speaking yes, but i do acknowledge the evil instincts have their own virtue in which the moralistic instincts rank below them, productivity.

"And then, how would you have the audacity to call one MBTI type (ISFP) weak-minded? When the reality is that we all have some sort of weakness, and this entire thing was designed to show what the weaknesses and strengths are for every type?"

isfp's weakness is particularly one that annoys me the most, cause i DONT want to hurt them, but occasionally i do, cause i wouldnt have thought anyone could be hurt by something i would never consider hurftful.

i do think we all should respect the others weaknesses. its foolish to believe to be somehow immune and that itd justify doing evil.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

morally speaking yes, but i do acknowledge the evil instincts have their own virtue in which the moralistic instincts rank below them, productivity.
    How did you define your morals, to be able to assume whole groups of people evil or good?

Are there circumstances in which you would overturn your label of evil for an individual with one of your forbidden stackings?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Yes, it is true that 100% of so/sx's are feminine. It is an impossibility that they could ever be even slightly masculine.
    You beat me to it.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I'd have thought e2 would be the most "feminine" (at least stereotypically so).
    Which e type do you think is the most masculine? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Hm I don't know!

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hm I don't know!
    If you read Character and Neurosis (and if I'm recalling correctly, feel free to correct me if I'm not), Naranjo posits that types 1-4 are on the stereotypically feminine spectrum, and 5-8 on the stereotypically masculine, with 9 left out. Not to say there can't be masculinity in 1-4 and femininity in 5-8, because the whole concept works like a yin-yang, but still.. the idea is out there.

I think he points to 2 and 4 as the most effeminate types out of 1-4. And I think 8 would be one of the most masculine of 5-8.