User Tag List

123 Last

Default Instinctual variants and Facebook

sp: "I don't like opening up like this, but I might be able to use it for self-preservation in some ways. "

so: "PERFECT!!! "

sx: "It's a bit superficial, but I can sometimes use it to connect with others on a more meaningful level."

Agree or disagree?

Oversimplified?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i don't know, it has changed for me over time (consider if you want that i'm sx dom and probably sp aux)

1. first i didn't care

2. then i started getting excited about the possibility of connecting with distant friends

3. then i went through a super excitement phase where i was using facebook for political activism and thought it could really make a difference (this was around the time of the arab revolution)

4. currently i'm annoyed with the privacy issues and i rarely post, like i post once a month. also, i've removed a lot of "friends" because we don't have any contact and i don't like having people "lurk" around my stuff. i've also deleted most of my info and i've never ever had any photos up there

so....

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my roommate made me an account when facebook first came out... I have since closed the account because I prefer my privacy... take that as you will
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Kinda.

Perfect for providing a lower rung (not a bad thing) on which to collect people that you wouldn't necessarily phone up, but that you could 'poll' if needed. Blasting questions and ideas out to a few hundred people is bound to provide some benefit once in a while.

It's also a way of maintaining connections without having to do any work at all. The fact that you see one another on your feeds means that you remind each other of your existence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I would go with the sx. I've used it to find some people I had lost, meet them and keep in touch with them. Some of the games were nice, too.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

I just keep it around so I can hoard information about people without engaging them actively.

/sp

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I don't do Facebook.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have an account but often forget to check it. I check it about once or twice a week at most. I don't post much on Facebook. Often what I do post are things like funny pictures or videos I found rather than really personal information about myself. I'm not one of those to spill out my guts. I have a couple of friends on Facebook who reveal too much personal information and that gets annoying. Then there are people who put up mundane things like what they had for lunch or that they have a headache. Who really cares?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Your model works for me
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my roommate made me an account when facebook first came out... I have since closed the account because I prefer my privacy... take that as you will
    I never made one, for the same reason. Plus, it can be a time sink, and (unlike TypoC) has poor organization of content.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...