• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Why do your enneagram variants have to stack perfectly like a cake?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Seriously, Riso-Hudson acts like the variants can be stacked evenly with one variant not being close to another and the last variant basically being completely neglected. If I were to stack my variants, I would say that I'm self-pres first and then SX and SO are tied. So in other words my variants would literally look like the food pyramid. However, none are neglected. I feel like I am all 3 variants. Could I really be an SP/SX and my 7w6 and 3w2 fixes make me seem more social? Also, could my strong 6 wing make me seem more self-pres? What do you think?
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

You may want to check this thread out?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
'marvels at being called upon within a group including typology experts elf and speed' :huh:

First of all, don't take my judgment above your own, since you know yourself best.

I would think you could be social first, seeing how you take an active influence in forum discussions and seriously seem to care about the opinions of others, evidenced by how you always talk about your type, and what other people think about it, not to mention all the other topics you bring into play for other people to muse on. (I classify myself as a social first since I like to take global dynamics into perspective, how my ideas shape the world and the people around me, curiosity for what other people's opinions are, as well as a drive for discovery).

Secondly, you would certainly not be a sexual last in my eyes, since you seem to like to not only bring the group into play, but you also seem to take genuine care and understanding of people at the individual level, not to mention your open love of um, sex, as well as a bit more emotionality to your personality (perhaps a strong sx fix could mislead people into typing you as an ENFP?).

Well, based on the above deductions, it would seem you are self-preservation last, as you seem to be like I said rather expressive and not secretive or security oriented, but I guess that side of you should you possess it may be harder to externally see, and for all I know, you may take great pleasure in comforts, as well as being good at looking after yourself, but from what I've seen, those are not qualities you have displayed in an observable way.

So ya, my conclusion for your stacking would be so/sx (lot's of people say I'm a different type than what's in my type-me box, mbti, enneagram and instincts altogether, so my opinion of myself or even anyone else for that matter stands on rather shaky grounds).

Of course, only you can decide what type you believe yourself to be, and if I misrepresented the way in which you see yourself, just point out and correct my mistakes in a quote or something.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
'marvels at being called upon within a group including typology experts elf and speed' :huh:

First of all, don't take my judgment above your own, since you know yourself best.

I would think you could be social first, seeing how you take an active influence in forum discussions and seriously seem to care about the opinions of others, evidenced by how you always talk about your type, and what other people think about it, not to mention all the other topics you bring into play for other people to muse on. (I classify myself as a social first since I like to take global dynamics into perspective, how my ideas shape the world and the people around me, curiosity for what other people's opinions are, as well as a drive for discovery).

Secondly, you would certainly not be a sexual last in my eyes, since you seem to like to not only bring the group into play, but you also seem to take genuine care and understanding of people at the individual level, not to mention your open love of um, sex, as well as a bit more emotionality to your personality (perhaps a strong sx fix could mislead people into typing you as an ENFP?).

Well, based on the above deductions, it would seem you are self-preservation last, as you seem to be like I said rather expressive and not secretive or security oriented, but I guess that side of you should you possess it may be harder to externally see, and for all I know, you may take great pleasure in comforts, as well as being good at looking after yourself, but from what I've seen, those are not qualities you have displayed in an observable way.

So ya, my conclusion for your stacking would be so/sx (lot's of people say I'm a different type than what's in my type-me box, mbti, enneagram and instincts altogether, so my opinion of myself or even anyone else for that matter stands on rather shaky grounds).

Of course, only you can decide what type you believe yourself to be, and if I misrepresented the way in which you see yourself, just point out and correct my mistakes in a quote or something.

That's what I thought. Also that's what my demeanor comes off as. However, talk to Elfboy (I chat with him on the phone all the time) and he can tell you that damn near everything that I say is self pres. No way could he or anyone else that talks to me on this forum see me as SP last. I've heard SP/SX with strong SX can mimic the look of a So/sx