User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Feeling the need to preserve ones beauty: Is this an Sx/SP and Sp/Sx thing?

I've been doing a lot of research lately and I've kind of been wondering: Is feeling the need to preserve ones beauty an SP/SX and SX/SP thing? I've noticed that feeling the need to have an extremely aestheitcally pleasing outer appearance is an SX thing in general. However, I've noticed that doing things such as exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, using anti-aging creams, etc, in order to preserve ones looks when they are older is indeed an Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx thing. I've noticed that these kinds of things aren't as big of a deal to types such as the Sp/So for example. It seems like the Sp/So would do these types of things as well, but they would do it more for the reasons of preserving one's life than one's looks. So is my theory correct, or am I lost in the woods?
    @Elfboy @highlander @Lady X

you folks may want to check out this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I do have an appreciation for things that are beautiful which is associated with SX - so that part is true at least for me. An example would be when I go on vacation, the visual beauty of the environment is quite important in selecting a place to go. I take a lot of photographs of these beautiful places. I have a real appreciation for beautiful cars (old, new, in between). I notice beautiful women too . As far as myself is concerned, I don't take any unusual steps. I do wear pretty nice clothes that are tailored and/or fit well. I try and stay halfway lean/thin (tends to be a work in progress). I get my hair cut every five weeks. That's about it. I think I look OK but not like I did when I was 25 or 30.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i put very little effort into my appearance. i was more concerned with it when i was younger, high school aged, but now i rarely wear makeup and dress mainly for convenience or comfort. granted, i'm still young and skinny so i don't have to worry about anti-aging stuff or dieting. as far as being sexually desirable goes, i figure that if a guy isn't attracted to me without me being all dolled up it's a lost cause to begin with. might as well let him see me as i am. also i'm more in the business of avoiding male attention than trying to attract it. maybe i'd feel differently if i was single

also i should add that my boyfriend is most likely sp/sx and is also pretty negligent about his appearance.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't do much about my appearance either really... I wash my face with Noxema every night and use vitamin e oil sometimes but don't even work out at all lately... Luckily my job keeps me pretty active so I don't worry much about weight or anything.

I'm just really low maintenance about this sort of stuff... I go to work with wet hair and sometimes put some make up on in the car on the way there sometimes I wait until after I've had coffee... Much later in the day... And it usually just a bit of lipstick and mascara.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

But like highlander... I am very drawn to beauty and notice it all around me every day.

I also choose places to go based on atmosphere and beauty... I feel calmed when surrounded by well designed space... I feel calm and happy when my outfits look and feel good.

I can't buy people ugly stuff even if I know they love it... I literally just can't do it. I care about the aesthetics of everything I purchase.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    But like highlander... I am very drawn to beauty and notice it all around me every day.

I also choose places to go based on atmosphere and beauty... I feel calmed when surrounded by well designed space... I feel calm and happy when my outfits look and feel good.

I can't buy people ugly stuff even if I know they love it... I literally just can't do it. I care about the aesthetics of everything I purchase.
    I'm pretty much the same, especially when buying things for people.
    I don't stress too about how I look but I'm really affected by the environment I'm in. I find it irritating to be in a place I don't think has been decorated nicely or the like.

Hmm. I had to think about this for a while, and I realized that I don't want to be one of those people who lets themselves go after a certain point. While I do believe that personal beauty isn't entirely predicated on youthfulness, a large part of sexual appeal definitely is, and I want to hold on to that as long as I can. At the very least, I can see myself being careful about covering up grey hairs and keeping moderately fit. I don't want to be a decrepit old lady.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hmm.. feeling attractive and trying to look my best is important to me; so yes, I do value looking as good as possible and trying to find flattering clothing. And tbh, I feel like I've had to face the 'aging' thing a bit sooner than many, due to my hair loss; therefore it took me several yrs to be able to come to grips with that and be ok with shaving my head, as I didn't want to be a woman in my late 30's/early 40's with thin hair and little to no hair on the sides of my head, that I couldn't style well, as I knew I'd look much older (and would feel increasingly unattractive) that way than if I just got rid of it entirely. So yeah... the topic is rather poignant/relevant for me, and I do value trying to stay attractive. Can't lie, it's important to me. But I also don't have any desire to avoid the natural process... so don't ever want to go the route of plastic surgery, botox, etc etc... I want to embrace the aging as well.

As for ambience, absolutely, ambience is super important to me. Having my place set up and decorated in a way I really like - find peaceful/cozy/aesthetically pleasing/etc etc. And I'm all about appreciating landscapes and beautiful places too, soaking that in.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

One of my friends is very afraid of aging and losing her looks. She is sp/sx by all accounts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

So from the comments made on this thread it seems that this is mostly reminiscent with people that are Sp/Sx as opposed to people that are Sx/Sp. Keep the posts coming people, this thread is getting good. Btw, the reason that I made this thread is because I am very much like this: I have a strong need to preserve my looks, and to just be attrative in general. I plan to start exercising again and getting back into shape once I get this stupid medical problem of mine solved (which should be fairly soon). For the longest I was typed as So/Sx but I'm starting to wonder if I'm Sp/sx because I just fit the description so well. Plus, it's just hard for me to imagine myself as Sp last.