User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I relate to this in some regards. I'm kind of vain about my hair, for example. I'm intensely proud of it, on the one hand, but constantly dissatisfied with it on the other, so every morning is an exercise of "what can I do to make my hair look even better today?". The rest of me does not get nearly that level of pampering, probably because no aspect of me is as beautiful as my hair. So, coming back to the OP, I suppose I am pretty focused on preserving my beauty, when it comes to the aspects of myself that I actually find beautiful.

However... I'm not afraid of aging. Aging is honestly not on my radar right now, because I'm 22 and I believe that people are their most beautiful from their early thirties til their early forties.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I honestly think I'm simultaneously somewhat vain and somewhat insecure about my looks. Perhaps partly due to the varying reactions I get: in large part because of my height and my somewhat androgynous features, some people think I'm a model, and some think I'm a man...

I wear very little makeup but I like playing with clothes. It varies, though: sometimes I really dress up and sometimes I really dress down. I do worry about my attractiveness to the opposite sex so I'd dress up the most if I feel I have a chance of impressing someone I'd like to impress. Though I don't think that's very obvious to the casual observer. It did take me a long time to develop a strong sense of style, perhaps partly because that doesn't seem to be a very big deal to anyone else in my family.

I definitely love beautiful things, though I wouldn't say I'm hyper-sensitive to the aesthetics of interior design and such. In those terms, I'm probably happiest when surrounded by items that have some personal meaning to me...bookshelves, items I've collected on my travels, etc. Jewellery is quite important to me; I tend to buy jewellery when I travel and then wear it a lot and remember where I bought it, while also making it part of my image.

I am a bit afraid of aging but not insofar as I'd go for Botox or plastic surgery. I'm in my early thirties and I like to joke that when I hit forty, I'd much rather look like a somewhat haggard 32-year-old than like a well-preserved 40. So far I seem to be doing reasonably well for looking my age or younger, though people's guesses of my age often vary wildly and that makes me insecure too. (Even at this age, I find many assume that if you're tall, you're older.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think preserving beauty is more of a sx focus.

But I suppose sp's would tend to worry more about preserving health, which would incidentally affect beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I want to preserve health as well, but I place a higher emphasis on looks.
    Preserving health is more important to me than looks but preserving looks are important too.

I think about it alot, I look at old people, and it somewhat terrifies me to know I will look like them one day if I live that long. I'm SX last and still have issues about it. I think alot of it is due to society. People do judge you on your looks and there is a certain stigma about looking ago.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I'm very much drawn (sometimes covet) to beautiful things and places. One of my post-graduation/working fantasies is decorating my living space like I've always wanted to (think lots of window seats, lofts, over-stuff chairs, and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves).

I've always been careless about looks/dressing but I'm pretty vain about my skin and teeth. I'm lucky that I can shave 10+ years off my face...more if I used make-up. When I'm able to, I'll have these awful dark circles underneath my eyes (chronic allergies and abnormally thin skin) removed by laser. Everything else? Look at my signature...age-related physical beauty loss comes to us all.

I'd like to be more fit but my ability to exercise like I want is limited by RA.
    Yeah, my skin and teeth are precious to me as well. I wouldn't know what to do if I got a few of my teeth knocked out and couldn't afford to get them fixed. I'm also paranoid about my skin getting old and saggy one day.

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    past 24 still considered old in the gay community?

i dont feel as much of a need to be beautiful, think the focus is living life to the fullest.
    To him it's old. Although truth be told, it's probably because he's into dating twinks and they don't go for older people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    This is absolutely true for me. I think beauty is virtue and truth and harmony, and very little is worth doing if it's not beautiful. I want to live as long as possible and be as healthy as possible. And of course health and beauty are correlated. Ultimately health is more important, but as they tend to go together, this usually isn't a problem. I'm probably sx/sp then.
    You sound more Sp/Sx to me actually.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I relate to this in some regards. I'm kind of vain about my hair, for example. I'm intensely proud of it, on the one hand, but constantly dissatisfied with it on the other, so every morning is an exercise of "what can I do to make my hair look even better today?". The rest of me does not get nearly that level of pampering, probably because no aspect of me is as beautiful as my hair. So, coming back to the OP, I suppose I am pretty focused on preserving my beauty, when it comes to the aspects of myself that I actually find beautiful.

However... I'm not afraid of aging. Aging is honestly not on my radar right now, because I'm 22 and I believe that people are their most beautiful from their early thirties til their early forties.
    That's where we differ: I'm terrified of aging. When I look at at an old person's skin and how bad it looks, it's as terrifying as having Michael Jackson as your baby sitter in 2004.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I honestly think I'm simultaneously somewhat vain and somewhat insecure about my looks. Perhaps partly due to the varying reactions I get: in large part because of my height and my somewhat androgynous features, some people think I'm a model, and some think I'm a man...
    Kinda like Tilda Swinton.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz