451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I identify
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

'Blessed' with really fair, photosensitive skin & crippling acne [the kind that gets physically painful after a certain point] in early adulthood, I developed a regular am/pm skincare routine & have kept to it religiously, even after the acne fully cleared.

I can't say I do things to "preserve beauty," in any way- as someone with some pretty deep-seated body image issues, it doesn't cross my mind to preserve something I don't have, nor does it occur to me to really even want to "feel pretty," -if that makes sense.

Anything I do for my skin, etc, is purely for hygiene/maintenance- more to prevent what I have from becoming any worse/alleviate or prevent feelings of anxiety or shame, depending on the issues, I guess. Also, if you do take care of your skin regularly, you tend to physically feel rather grimy if you suddenly stop, & I find the sensation unpleasant/gross.

The idea of aging hasn't bothered me, aesthetically- my avoidance of the sun & the fact that a lot of the acne treatments I use have anti-aging benefits, I've been told, has kept my complexion looking fairly youthful for someone my age [27]. I find this only relevant to my interests regarding my acting pursuits. I'd like to have as wide a range of ages to play for as long as possible. This is also the reason I color over any grays that may creep in. Someday I'll let it all go white, & let neighborhood children believe I'm a witch..

As far as physical fitness goes, being active and eating healthy foods just feels good, to me. If it keeps me in good outer shape, that's a plus. Admittedly, with body image issues, I can never actually see myself as 'thin' or in good shape- not consistently, at least. Funhouse mirror effect. To keep from relapsing into unhealthy habits like starvation, I've made it a point to try to focus more on my overall physical health, over the years, than allow intrusive & unhealthy thoughts about my body dictate my actions. Mh, it's a process.

So, I don't know precisely where I stand, with regard to feeling a 'need.' I suppose when things are undergoing renovations, it's a bit too messy to determine things like that. /shrug

(and, as it says below my avatar, I'm Sp/Sx.)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I can't buy people ugly stuff even if I know they love it... I literally just can't do it. I care about the aesthetics of everything I purchase.
    yeah, even though i can be super lazy, i'm still extremely picky when i'm buying clothes, shoes, etc. if i'm wearing something i think is ugly i'm totally uncomfortable with myself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think preserving beauty is more of a sx focus.

But I suppose sp's would tend to worry more about preserving health, which would incidentally affect beauty.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think preserving beauty is more of a sx focus.

But I suppose sp's would tend to worry more about preserving health, which would incidentally affect beauty.
    I want to preserve health as well, but I place a higher emphasis on looks.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm very much drawn (sometimes covet) to beautiful things and places. One of my post-graduation/working fantasies is decorating my living space like I've always wanted to (think lots of window seats, lofts, over-stuff chairs, and floor-to-ceiling bookshelves).

I've always been careless about looks/dressing but I'm pretty vain about my skin and teeth. I'm lucky that I can shave 10+ years off my face...more if I used make-up. When I'm able to, I'll have these awful dark circles underneath my eyes (chronic allergies and abnormally thin skin) removed by laser. Everything else? Look at my signature...age-related physical beauty loss comes to us all.

I'd like to be more fit but my ability to exercise like I want is limited by RA.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@The Great One
    I know this is a big issue for me. I'm terrified of getting old and want to preserve my sexiness well into old age
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @The Great One
    I know this is a big issue for me. I'm terrified of getting old and want to preserve my sexiness well into old age
    past 24 still considered old in the gay community?

i dont feel as much of a need to be beautiful, think the focus is living life to the fullest.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    past 24 still considered old in the gay community?
    yeah. I'm 21 and I feel old already LOL

i dont feel as much of a need to be beautiful, think the focus is living life to the fullest.
    I can be happy without being beautiful, but beauty definitely helps
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This is absolutely true for me. I think beauty is virtue and truth and harmony, and very little is worth doing if it's not beautiful. I want to live as long as possible and be as healthy as possible. And of course health and beauty are correlated. Ultimately health is more important, but as they tend to go together, this usually isn't a problem. I'm probably sx/sp then.