User Tag List

12 Last

garbage

Default So's who are introverts

We needed one of these, too.

I can see this phenomenon in the businessman or salesman type; one who is out in public, showing a cheery face and 'turnng it on' to the public during the day but loves his alone time. He uses social positioning as an innate source of security--he 'turns it on' when the situation calls, yet he is an introvert by nature.

What say you?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The internet is a great way for introverts to get connected without the fuss and struggle of social gatherings in filthy public junkyards!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I dont know whether im out or in when it comes to I or E. It's like a bellybutton of the mind.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Anew Leaf

I think @Vasilisa is a great example of an introvert SO first.

She is very adept at getting conversations or activities rolling between people and vascilliating discourse that is interesting.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    We needed one of these, too.

I can see this phenomenon in the businessman or salesman type; one who is out in public, showing a cheery face and 'turnng it on' to the public during the day but loves his alone time. He uses social positioning as an innate source of security--he 'turns it on' when the situation calls, yet he is an introvert by nature.

What say you?
    This describes my ex very well. He's a very career-minded 3w2 so, and I think the 3 also heightens all of this and brings in more of a pressing concern for all of this. He's a techie sales-engineer sort, but is a system architect as far as path goes; but I think the 3so makes him a very unique sort of computer programmer/architect sort; he stands out a lot in his industry what with people skills/priority.

I think it's also why he's so talkative and friendly when out in public, and I mistook him for an extrovert initially; he insists he's an introvert though and having gotten to know him, I definitely agree.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm a SO first introvert. The profession I'm in works pretty well with that I think - I need lots of people interaction, but also need time after to recharge a bit alone. If I don't have that during my day, it ends up coming out of my sleep time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think I might have an INFJ 6w7 so/sp coworker. She's always keeping an eye out on everybody (in a positive way, she's protective) and is very focused on people trends - how a lot of people are out today because of X, or if it's quiet because of Y, etc. She's been with the company forever and is friendly with many people in upper management, and uses that as protection when she feels threatened (that in particular seems very so/sp 6 to me).

garbage

Oh. Well. This is a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    This describes my ex very well. He's a very career-minded 3w2 so, and I think the 3 also heightens all of this and brings in more of a pressing concern for all of this. He's a techie sales-engineer sort, but is a system architect as far as path goes; but I think the 3so makes him a very unique sort of computer programmer/architect sort; he stands out a lot in his industry what with people skills/priority.

I think it's also why he's so talkative and friendly when out in public, and I mistook him for an extrovert initially; he insists he's an introvert though and having gotten to know him, I definitely agree.
    This, in turn, describes me very well. My background is all technical, but I've joined that background with an interest in psychology, sociology, and related fields. I'm also a hardcore team player by nature. Moreover, my job absolutely demands that we 'sell' ourselves, and my preferred tactic is to use a little bit of charm to get a foot in the door rather than prattle on about technical details that even I don't care about.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I need lots of people interaction, but also need time after to recharge a bit alone. If I don't have that during my day, it ends up coming out of my sleep time.
    this.

I'd never thought about that last sentence, but it's very true of me.

--

In short, even introverts can be of the mind that we work best when we work together--or at least when we work toward common goals.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think my dad might be INTP so/sp; he does exactly what you describe in the OP, @bologna. He's the most adept at using his inferior function productively, of almost anyone I know, always schmoozing, chatting with coworkers, making sure he gets to everyone equally. (He's also easily embarrassed, and will sometimes lecture me and my mom for embarrassing him in public, e.g. for bursting into song at the grocery store. ) He always seems to want to do the type of social things that involve seeing random people you know in large crowded spaces with a strict social code -- e.g. farmers markets, gallery showings -- as if it's some sort of duty for him to schmooze.

But at the same time... he has no friends, and that's out of his own personal choice. He's completely compartmentalized, between his social self at work, and then plopping himself down in front of the TV/his laptop at home to recharge. (This is where I see his 5w6; I was convinced that he was some other type because I thought he was way too cheerful/social for that, but he said he related to it, so... )
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm an introvert, but I can mingle, charm, dazzle and take control when I have to, but if left to my "rathers"...I'd rather be out hiking or walking through the woods and fields. I can literally work for hours and hours alone and be perfectly fine. I can also be in the public constantly but at the end of the day, I must find alone time, just like fidelia said.