• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Sp's who are extroverts

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isn't this kind of a contradictory combo (especially Sp/Sx). by their nature, Sp doms are more withdrawn, self reliant and prefer interaction with smaller groups of people.
PS: idea stolen from Giggly :D

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
isn't this kind of a contradictory combo (especially Sp/Sx). by their nature, Sp doms are more withdrawn, self reliant and prefer interaction with smaller groups of people.
PS: idea stolen from Giggly :D

I can't say I necessarily agree with these bolded terms. Take Peggy Hill for example (from King of the Hill)...she strikes me as an sp-dom, and she is also an extravert.

And here's the beginning of an episode that stars Peggy...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't say I necessarily agree with these bolded terms. Take Peggy Hill for example (from King of the Hill)...she strikes me as an sp-dom, yet she is an extravert.

I don't think she is. I think she's 1w2 So/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can buy the rest, definitely, but is this particular part necessarily true of sp's?

to a degree (it we're talking about, say, an Fe dom Sp dom, it will be less the case). smaller groups are more socially low maintenance/less dynamics to keep track of.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have an ESFJ friend who I think is very sp. she is very concerned with her home, her food, her money. All the material comforts. Generally her excess time goes into beautifying and organizing the home.

G

Glycerine

People could argue that I am introvert but... I am most definitely sp dom. I don't see it as necessarily see extrovert and sp as contradictory. It just means I put my comfort and security above all else. I am talkative, moderately energetic, suffer from foot in the mouth disease, expressive but my personality has been more cat-like than doglike (formal, calculcated, reserved, cautious... I guess self-preservation-ish)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if you're right that I'm sp/so, then I'm a good example. :)

I don't know if it's contradictory, per se. I feel like it emphasizes particular tendencies inherent in my type anyway, e.g. always being cautious, always wanting to be prepared, being kind of controlling about scheduling/routine (e.g. meals), and becoming very withdrawn under stress. It also makes me more independent, I think; very happy to socialize, but also wanting to socialize on my own terms, without too much pressure -- if that makes sense.

One thing I will say, though: A while back, someone posted a thread about typing people by their eyes? And one thing I've noticed, that may or may not be BS but seems to work from my personal experience, is that you can totally tell sp and sx from photos. Sp-doms give off this vibe, like they're looking out at the world from behind their eyes, if that makes sense. Like they aren't necessarily present in the world. Whereas Sx-doms always look like they're present; they have very intense stares, with more outward-focused energy. And in this regard, I think I do come across as more introverted, because I think that Sp descriptor applies to me, in videos and photos.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's been ages since I've seen King of the Hill, but I think Peggy's a 2w1. Hank's a 1w9 of the most boring kind.

actually, that makes a lot more sense. I knew there was 1 and 2 in there somewhere

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] if you're right that I'm sp/so, then I'm a good example. :)

I don't know if it's contradictory, per se. I feel like it emphasizes particular tendencies inherent in my type anyway, e.g. always being cautious, always wanting to be prepared, being kind of controlling about scheduling/routine (e.g. meals), and becoming very withdrawn under stress. It also makes me more independent, I think; very happy to socialize, but also wanting to socialize on my own terms, without too much pressure -- if that makes sense.

One thing I will say, though: A while back, someone posted a thread about typing people by their eyes? And one thing I've noticed, that may or may not be BS but seems to work from my personal experience, is that you can totally tell sp and sx from photos. Sp-doms give off this vibe, like they're looking out at the world from behind their eyes, if that makes sense. Like they aren't necessarily present in the world. Whereas Sx-doms always look like they're present; they have very intense stares, with more outward-focused energy. And in this regard, I think I do come across as more introverted, because I think that Sp descriptor applies to me, in videos and photos.

Interesting. My eyes are more SP-like than SX-like, consistent with my self-assessment.

How would you describe SO eyes?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. My eyes are more SP-like than SX-like, consistent with my self-assessment.

How would you describe SO eyes?
I have absolutely no idea. :doh: I can really only tell Sx and Sp, from the reasoning I mentioned before, namely seeming immersed in the world versus seeming partially removed from it. I'd love to hear other people's theories, to fill in that gap, though. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The majority of Sp/So are extrovert, I think.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I suspect my mom is an ESFJ sp/so 2w1. She's always making sure sp-stuff is covered... tending to the house, food, transportation, clothing, stuff like that. She's a very classic "mom". She's very good socially and she's very focused on the nature of interactions, but she also does a lot by herself. It's possible that she's so/sp, but the so/sp descriptions that I have read focus heavily on pride and ambition, neither of which I really see her demonstrate. She does suffer from the 2 doing-for-love, though, of course.

I'm surprised by 2w1 for Peggy. I would have thought 3w2. A huge aspect of her character is her egotism and need to achieve.