• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinctual Variants and Cooperative Video Game Play-style

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For whatever reason I was just thinking that my instinctual variant is somewhat reflected in how I play cooperative games. Specifically, I was thinking about how I play Left 4 Dead 2.

Sp first:

Sx second:

So last:

I know I'm a bit strange, so I'm not sure if this would work for most/all people.

Long story short (TL;DR version)... Do you think that how people play cooperative video games (or games in general) can be a fairly reliable indicator of what their instinctual variant is?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I always dick around and talk to people in online games.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have the same instinctual variants as you and I relate to sx second and so last, but not so much on the sp first description.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have the same instinctual variants as you and I relate to sx second and so last, but not so much on the sp first description.

Yeah, I didn't think many people would, which is why I put them in spoilers. I just thought they supported my instinctual variant. I figure everyone's variant will be supported differently. I find myself guessing the instinctual variant of others on occasion while playing with them, and not all of the Sp behaviors mirror my own, thank heavens. :laugh:

Silveresque

This is interesting. Observing how I relate to people in an online game was actually how I determined my instinctual variant. It's easier to see in that setting because I actually interact with people more and like socializing via writing, whereas irl the way to socialize is via talking, which I dislike and avoid.

Anyways, I've found that online I strongly prefer going in groups rather than going solo. I'm somewhat generous in giving people money/items they need, though I'm no pushover. I tend to save money rather than spend it immediately. Within my guild I've managed to make a place for myself and feel like I belong. I can talk to anyone on a friendly basis, though I'm not particularly close to anyone. I've noticed that I talk a lot about sp related things. For example, I'll say things like "I'm soo hungry. x_x" or "It's freezing in my apartment right now. *shivers*"

EDIT: Actually I now think I'm sp/sx, not sp/so. The absence of closeness friendships doesn't indicate sx-last like I thought. Among other things, the fact that it bothers me so much that I can't seem to get close to anyone could actually indicate otherwise.

Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't played online games extensively, but I think I have an 'ideal' identity that goes something like this:

I'd like to be a weird, mysterious being with amazing life points and defense but zero attack, and I'll be benevolent and heal people and give away things. I will never develop personal relationships with anyone, but just float around and help people...

I also have this fantasy of being someone's guardian angel... so that might be related.

Ya, sp-first :blush:

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm in between your sp and sx descriptions. I'll gladly help someone out if they need it but not if I'm going to get downed two seconds afterward, and if it's someone who is either really bad or continually does stupid things then I'll let them die and not waste resources on them if they can't use them well in the first place. If anything they can always serve as a mobile decoy haha. :D I wouldn't get revenge on anyone though.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meh. I'm So/Sx and in a game I won't be giving you my shit, get your own, it's a game, I need stuff so once you do have your own I'll try to steal it so I can have more shit.