User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Instinctual Variants and Cooperative Video Game Play-style

For whatever reason I was just thinking that my instinctual variant is somewhat reflected in how I play cooperative games. Specifically, I was thinking about how I play Left 4 Dead 2.

Sp first:

Sx second:

So last:

I know I'm a bit strange, so I'm not sure if this would work for most/all people.

Long story short (TL;DR version)... Do you think that how people play cooperative video games (or games in general) can be a fairly reliable indicator of what their instinctual variant is?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I always dick around and talk to people in online games.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I have the same instinctual variants as you and I relate to sx second and so last, but not so much on the sp first description.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    I have the same instinctual variants as you and I relate to sx second and so last, but not so much on the sp first description.
    Yeah, I didn't think many people would, which is why I put them in spoilers. I just thought they supported my instinctual variant. I figure everyone's variant will be supported differently. I find myself guessing the instinctual variant of others on occasion while playing with them, and not all of the Sp behaviors mirror my own, thank heavens.

This is interesting. Observing how I relate to people in an online game was actually how I determined my instinctual variant. It's easier to see in that setting because I actually interact with people more and like socializing via writing, whereas irl the way to socialize is via talking, which I dislike and avoid.

Anyways, I've found that online I strongly prefer going in groups rather than going solo. I'm somewhat generous in giving people money/items they need, though I'm no pushover. I tend to save money rather than spend it immediately. Within my guild I've managed to make a place for myself and feel like I belong. I can talk to anyone on a friendly basis, though I'm not particularly close to anyone. I've noticed that I talk a lot about sp related things. For example, I'll say things like "I'm soo hungry. x_x" or "It's freezing in my apartment right now. *shivers*"

EDIT: Actually I now think I'm sp/sx, not sp/so. The absence of closeness friendships doesn't indicate sx-last like I thought. Among other things, the fact that it bothers me so much that I can't seem to get close to anyone could actually indicate otherwise.
    Last edited by Silveresque; 10-17-2012 at 12:36 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I haven't played online games extensively, but I think I have an 'ideal' identity that goes something like this:

I'd like to be a weird, mysterious being with amazing life points and defense but zero attack, and I'll be benevolent and heal people and give away things. I will never develop personal relationships with anyone, but just float around and help people...

I also have this fantasy of being someone's guardian angel... so that might be related.

Ya, sp-first
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm in between your sp and sx descriptions. I'll gladly help someone out if they need it but not if I'm going to get downed two seconds afterward, and if it's someone who is either really bad or continually does stupid things then I'll let them die and not waste resources on them if they can't use them well in the first place. If anything they can always serve as a mobile decoy haha. I wouldn't get revenge on anyone though.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Meh. I'm So/Sx and in a game I won't be giving you my shit, get your own, it's a game, I need stuff so once you do have your own I'll try to steal it so I can have more shit.