• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Differences between sp/so and sp/sx

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'l just make a poll later. I'll do the same for my regular enneagram type and my MBTI type.

What does "I guess so" mean? Is that just about you being inconclusive about my perfectly reasonable assessment?

It means that you have a point and I will take it into consideration, though I won't make a conclusion just on that.

The words dirty/clean refer to a general/metaphorical impression of the types, not literally of course.

So you typed yourself sp without any knowledge of what it means to be sp. Okay.

This whole sp = health, sx = intimacy, so = status, thing is bull. I'd rather just look at someone and type them based on vibe and their interaction with people.

Here is something I read - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27005
A quote from the OP of that thread:

It's a different take on the instincts. Mistypes everywhere.

I typed myself as sp originally because I had read somewhere that sp was about caring primarily for yourself, your own happiness, sx was about wanting personal connections with other people, and so was about wanting to connect with people as groups. I don't care about my needs as much as I care about my own happiness, a lot of which involves spending time alone (not connecting to people at all), and therefore I thought I was an sp.

You're not adequate enough to be an sp/so.

Adequate in what way?

G

Ginkgo

Adequate in what way?

4139ruler.jpg

(couldn't resist)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp/Sx are sexy, Sp/So are not.

Works 95% of the time.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how you can confuse them, I mean

Sp/So

341538774_rosie1_xlarge.jpeg

Sp/Sx

mila-kunis-gq-aout-1.jpg

Sp/So

220px-Roseanne_barr.jpg

Sp/Sx

Scarlett-Johansson-Hot-Pictures-5.jpg

Sp/So

220px-George_H._W._Bush,_President_of_the_United_States,_1989_official_portrait.jpg

Sp/Sx

7ca374f1a9377e754b6b12ba663e859048df81462597b.jpg

Sp/So

newt_gingrich.jpg

Sp/Sx

Bruce+Willis+wall.jpg

Sp/So

original.jpg

Sp/Sx

Corey-Haim-5.jpg

They are nothing alike.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'd say sp/so, i don't really have a good reason though besides vibes. plus you seemed pretty preoccupied with your reputation and what people would think of you during the whole amanda thing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another vote for sp-sx. As an sx-dom myself, i can say you 'spark'.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say fireshield is an sp/so.

i'd say sp/so, i don't really have a good reason though besides vibes. plus you seemed pretty preoccupied with your reputation and what people would think of you during the whole amanda thing.

This, exactly.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Instinctual variants represent the area of life in which a person would find the most joy. Self-pres types are focused on things that further life- you know, the person who wants the most comfortable home and such. Social types are adept at navigating social structures and will often find their primary source of joy in their circle of friends. Sexual types are more about one-on-one interactions and intense experiences.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think that group of pictures is very representative... it's just like attractive sp/sx and unattractive sp/so.

Let's do more... These typings come from oceanmoonshine.net, my fav Enneagram resource -

Sp/So

marths.jpg

Martha Stewart!

Harrison+Ford.jpg

Harrison Ford

Sp/Sx

108b4ia.jpg

Eric Clapton

jackie-onassis-with-kids.jpg

Jackie Onassis

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This is the basic self-pres/social description

sp/soc
This type is generally private and reserved, and especially serious and practical minded in their focus to gain material security and in making useful connections that support their goals. When they do form a connection, loyalty is very important to them and they will not hesitate to end a relationship on grounds of disloyalty. This type may lack a certain degree of interpersonal warmth which can give the impression of coldness or disinterest in others, even a sense of selfishness. May be drawn to groups that attract like minded individuals, as in business clubs or volunteer organizations where a shared professional culture can facilitate social bonds. They tend to live conservatively and dress in an inconspicuously appropriate fashion befitting their status in life. May have a characteristically blunt and direct style of communication that can take others some getting used to. They are particularly strong in matters of commitment and sacrifice, and enjoy being the benefactors in assisting society's practical needs.

Motivation: to attain a position of material and societal security.

Familiar Roles: the businessperson, the responsible citizen, the pillar of society.

Examples: Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Martha Stewart, Harrison Ford

Here is the Self-pres/sexual description

sp/sx
These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Familiar Roles: the mate, the mystic, the quiet supporter.

Examples: George Harrison, Jackie Onassis, Eric Clapton, Emily Dickinson

This all comes from www.ocean-moonshine.com

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The pics I posted were very representatives in my mind. And I don't kniw what type is Martha S, but Harrison Ford is definetely Sp/Sx. and Clapton is Sx/Sp.

There's some attractives Sp/So, like patrick Stewart or Nicole Kidman, but in term of intensity in intimacy, that's another story.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp/So is lighter, less connected and more dry. Sp/Sx is more dark, quietly intense, sensual, catlike .

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp

Yeah, that's one reason I thought I was sp/so.

Another vote for sp-sx. As an sx-dom myself, i can say you 'spark'.

In what way?

I'd say fireshield is an sp/so.

Any particular reason(s)?

Instinctual variants represent the area of life in which a person would find the most joy. Self-pres types are focused on things that further life- you know, the person who wants the most comfortable home and such. Social types are adept at navigating social structures and will often find their primary source of joy in their circle of friends. Sexual types are more about one-on-one interactions and intense experiences.

I really don't identify with any of that... :unsure:

Sp/So is lighter, less connected and more dry. Sp/Sx is more dark, quietly intense, sensual, catlike .

Hmm, I'm sort of some of both.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any particular reason(s)?
Let's have a look.
Sexual primary people are more likely to most of the time be intense, assertive, aggressive, impulsive, focused, idealistic, and relationship and adrenaline "junkies". When less healthy, they may be especially volatile, extreme, aggressive, attacking, addicted to alcoholism or drugs, promiscuous, sacrificing anything for a rush; or they may be psychotically experientially deprived, having especially dysfunctional and unhealthy attitudes towards sex and intimacy.
I've bolded what I see for you.

Social primary people are more likely to most of the time be funny, engaging, witty, silly, over-the-top, warm, and friendly. When less healthy, they may be socially anxious, scattered, erratic or especially resentful of social rejection.
There you go.

Self-preservation primary people are more likely to most of the time be calm, centered, thoughtful, especially aesthetic, orderly, mindful of health issues, and concerned about establishing optimum comfort and tranquility in their environment. When less healthy they may become pack-rats, overeat, over-stock, over-shop, over-binge, or go on unhealthy diets; or they may become self-destructive towards their health and security concerns and get involved in dangerous activities that ensure self-destruction.
This could well be your dominant.