User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 38

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I'm only bringing up facts reasonable and valid to the query at hand. It's not my problem that you find them hard push into your calculations.
    I was asking for general differences between the types so I could decide for myself, not for your opinion on what I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Maybe I don't know much about enneagram stacking, but your high degree of neuroticism strongly suggests sp primary.
    I guess, but I also tend to avoid taking care of my basic needs. I was sleep deprived many times last year because I spent so much time on the Shyness thread (sx, for obvious reasons) and doing homework (so, because it would affect my grades and what my teachers think of me) or just thinking about the future (which, as I stated above, would be very so-ish).

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I was asking for general differences between the types so I could decide for myself, not for your opinion on what I am.
    I was building/displaying one from your previous history, again you miss out on what's obvious.

  3. #13
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    sp/sx

    Sp/so and so/sp tend to be very plain because they reflect common mores in their interests and image.

    You are not that.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    sp/sx
    - willingness to get dirty
    - social last, therefore lacks a sort of censorship
    - uses sexual secondary to support self preservation primary (ie: obtains security through intimates)

    sp/so
    - clean (most likely due to what @Ginkgo said)
    - there is more censorship here
    - uses social secondary to support self preservation primary (ie: obtains security through the group/community)

    Edit: Oh yea, here the info where I got that stuff from - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=25711
    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I guess, but I also tend to avoid taking care of my basic needs. I was sleep deprived many times last year because I spent so much time on the Shyness thread (sx, for obvious reasons) and doing homework (so, because it would affect my grades and what my teachers think of me) or just thinking about the future (which, as I stated above, would be very so-ish).
    I don't get it, how is thinking about the future so-ish? Why did you even type sp first if you can't relate to it? You could be so/sx or so/sp. The latter is wicked shame ridden and works the opposite in contrast to other types if you are an e4.

  5. #15
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    I've had sp/so in tests some of the time, or even so-first. I think this has to do with strong Fe and societal demands, though. I identify much more with sp/sx descriptions, especially in relation to type 6. But I am also sure I'm not sx-first.

    I'd say I identify as sp/sx in part because of the following:

    -I can be very passionate and even obsessive about others, especially in a romantic context (slightly stalker-ish tendencies), but they tend not to know as I maintain a cool/laid-back exterior (a bit too much so, apparently).
    -@skylights said something a while back about INFJs being "formal but warm" (or words very close to that), which really resonated with me. I think it fits well with a lot of INFJs but it fits me particularly well as an INFJ type 6 sp/sx. I think some people really warm up to me for that very reason, and others don't know what to make of me. I think that sx/sp would be a more obviously conflicted type and more obviously emotionally volatile - I have a friend who I am pretty sure is xNFP type 4 sx/sp, and that really fits her. I am more conflicted than most people would think, but it is not very obvious externally. I do think I give off a sort of...conflicted undercover vibe (also reflected in looking externally calm, but being very anxious, sometimes to the point of neuroticism) which some people pick up on and either accept and want to explore, or they are put off.
    -I appear self-sufficient, and in some respects I am, but I worry a good deal about the health of my relationships with others. I rely on friends to an extent they probably don't realise. I am also more concerned than most people would know about romantic relationships and whether others find me attractive (both in terms of personality, and physically).
    -One reason I think I'm so-last is because although I take a lot of my self-worth from the health of my relationships with others, it tends to be on an individual/one on one basis. I've met many people who are very concerned with social hierarchy, ie. getting in with "the cool people", achieving status, and so on, and while it can sometimes trouble me, I have more contempt for it than anything else. My reaction is along the lines of "grow up - you're not in high school any more", though I may also worry about being excluded. But I worry far more about losing a relationship (whether friendship, or romantic) with someone i care deeply about, than I worry about fitting in with a group or in some kind of hierarchy.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    sp/sx

    Sp/so and so/sp tend to be very plain because they reflect common mores in their interests and image.

    You are not that.
    I guess so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    sp/sx
    - willingness to get dirty
    - social last, therefore lacks a sort of censorship
    - uses sexual secondary to support self preservation primary (ie: obtains security through intimates)

    sp/so
    - clean (most likely due to what @Ginkgo said)
    - there is more censorship here
    - uses social secondary to support self preservation primary (ie: obtains security through the group/community)

    Edit:


    I don't get it, how is thinking about the future so-ish? Why did you even type sp first if you can't relate to it? You could be so/sx or so/sp. The latter is wicked shame ridden and works the opposite in contrast to other types if you are an e4.
    What are you referring to by "dirty" and "clean"? Literal, physical dirtiness or cleanliness or do you mean it in some other way? Regardless (since it's the same regardless of what you mean), I prefer to be clean, although I hate censorship.

    Neither of those third ones (the ways they use the secondary one) seem like me at all.

    And no, thinking of the future is not so-ish, I was saying that my ideal future that I mentioned earlier ("When I envision my ideal future, I see no friends or family in my life, but me being very successful and having high status in the world") is very so-ish and not sx-ish at all.

    I typed myself as sp first because I typed myself that before I read that.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I've had sp/so in tests some of the time, or even so-first. I think this has to do with strong Fe and societal demands, though. I identify much more with sp/sx descriptions, especially in relation to type 6. But I am also sure I'm not sx-first.

    I'd say I identify as sp/sx in part because of the following:

    -I can be very passionate and even obsessive about others, especially in a romantic context (slightly stalker-ish tendencies), but they tend not to know as I maintain a cool/laid-back exterior (a bit too much so, apparently).
    -@skylights said something a while back about INFJs being "formal but warm" (or words very close to that), which really resonated with me. I think it fits well with a lot of INFJs but it fits me particularly well as an INFJ type 6 sp/sx. I think some people really warm up to me for that very reason, and others don't know what to make of me. I think that sx/sp would be a more obviously conflicted type and more obviously emotionally volatile - I have a friend who I am pretty sure is xNFP type 4 sx/sp, and that really fits her. I am more conflicted than most people would think, but it is not very obvious externally. I do think I give off a sort of...conflicted undercover vibe (also reflected in looking externally calm, but being very anxious, sometimes to the point of neuroticism) which some people pick up on and either accept and want to explore, or they are put off.
    -I appear self-sufficient, and in some respects I am, but I worry a good deal about the health of my relationships with others. I rely on friends to an extent they probably don't realise. I am also more concerned than most people would know about romantic relationships and whether others find me attractive (both in terms of personality, and physically).
    -One reason I think I'm so-last is because although I take a lot of my self-worth from the health of my relationships with others, it tends to be on an individual/one on one basis. I've met many people who are very concerned with social hierarchy, ie. getting in with "the cool people", achieving status, and so on, and while it can sometimes trouble me, I have more contempt for it than anything else. My reaction is along the lines of "grow up - you're not in high school any more", though I may also worry about being excluded. But I worry far more about losing a relationship (whether friendship, or romantic) with someone i care deeply about, than I worry about fitting in with a group or in some kind of hierarchy.
    Interesting. I think later I'll list aspects of me that support each one and aspects that go against each one, and then decide.

  8. #18
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    What does "I guess so" mean? Is that just about you being inconclusive about my perfectly reasonable assessment?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    What are you referring to by "dirty" and "clean"? Literal, physical dirtiness or cleanliness or do you mean it in some other way? Regardless (since it's the same regardless of what you mean), I prefer to be clean, although I hate censorship.
    The words dirty/clean refer to a general/metaphorical impression of the types, not literally of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    Neither of those third ones (the ways they use the secondary one) seem like me at all.

    And no, thinking of the future is not so-ish, I was saying that my ideal future that I mentioned earlier ("When I envision my ideal future, I see no friends or family in my life, but me being very successful and having high status in the world") is very so-ish and not sx-ish at all.

    I typed myself as sp first because I typed myself that before I read that.
    So you typed yourself sp without any knowledge of what it means to be sp. Okay.

    This whole sp = health, sx = intimacy, so = status, thing is bull. I'd rather just look at someone and type them based on vibe and their interaction with people.

    Here is something I read - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=27005
    A quote from the OP of that thread:
    All instincts are tied to sensations in the body, they must be felt there to be present to them.
    Self-pres is felt as physical sensations in the body.
    Sexual is felt as tingling or energy.
    Social is warmth or openness, a sensation of not being a closed circuit.
    It's a different take on the instincts. Mistypes everywhere.

  10. #20
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    You're not adequate enough to be an sp/so.

Similar Threads

  1. [E8] 8w7 sx/so and 8w7 sx/sp
    By The Penguin in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2017, 11:26 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
  3. [sp] Observable differences between Sp/So and Sp/Sx
    By Elfboy in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
  4. [SP] Which are the differences between SP men and SP women ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
  5. Difference Between the ESTJ and the ENTJ
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO