User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's a good way to type someone as an SP or SO or SX dom?

Senior Member Array Cloud of Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    sexual: Let me be whomever you want.

9w1 sp/sx
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    Lol 1 and 6 are superego types so that's probably why you're undecided between the two. Read these two books if you can't settle:

Oceanmoonshine's article, though pretty good, would still type me an 8. Although I think people are simple, their idea of themselves are complex. The reason why Naranjo and Maitri worked for me is because it went back to my childhood, how I was nurtured and how that nurturing created a barrier to my Self. It only took like 15 minutes of reading Maitri to make me look at type 1 again, a second read because I was in disbelief made me pay close attention to type 1. Moved on to Naranjo and BAM I was laughing at how foolish I was to have missed it then angry because I was what I hated.
    Ok. So I finally got these books lol. Thanks for the advice. Now I think I know I'm a 6 <---lmao...such a six thing to

Anyways, I don't know how to apply these to other people....This enneagram thing seems like a very unconcious thing....I know what my freinds are...but THEY don't believe it. I think the reason is that it is on such a subconcious level. All of the fears and inner desires that they deny. So when I see them as an 8 and they don't, it makes me second guess myself.

Do you have the same issues? Should I just stop caring? Cause it feels like the people around me don't understand anything to do with their subconcious minds. So of course they don't get that they're doing these things unconciously and usually using a shadow.

I am asking because I want to know if there's like an easy way to translate the enneagram to people, so that they can understand it better. And so that we can figure out types easier.
    Do you try to type people? Or do you just type them in your head and not say anything to that person?
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate.

Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Eric

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

maybe to expand on atronauch's

sp safety first (low risk)
    sx passion first (live fast die young)
    so community first (everyone be happy)

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar

Well if they live a wild lifestyle, are fiery, kind of have a hot and cold flirting style, live life to the extreme, say phrases like, "You only live once", and die of a drug overdose then they are probably Sx/So.

Senior Member Array typologywhore's Avatar
    4w3 sx/so

A good word for Sx/So, perhaps: insatiable.

y/n/any improvements upon it =D~?

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

I think that if you can get a good idea of how a person spends their time and energy, and what they get antsy about not doing, it can give you a somewhat decent indicator to their instinctual stacking. Each instinctual type will spend a large chunk of time "tending" to their specific domain, and each type will most need to re-engage with that specific domain after being away from it.

The Sp-dom will eventually need to take time out to go to the grocery store, go to the bank, go on a run, do their laundry, turn in their rent check, and so on. The So-dom will eventually need to take time to catch up on the news, to check out the happenings in their community, to reconnect with their usual contacts, to make sure they're contributing enough to whatever groups or organizations they're a part of, and so on. The Sx-dom will eventually need time to cloister themselves in with their chosen interests and people, to lose themselves in immersive experiences, to return to the search for completion, and so on.

972 so/sp
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    try listening to what they are talking about and dividing it into sp, so, sx categories

reposted from this

Topics SO types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, fashion, glamor, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group)
    Have you been eavesdropping om my conversations???
    Autistic INFP