User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 57

  1. #41
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=33:33 Actually I was looking at everything with all the stackings and it was confusing me. From this description...I am with no doubt a 6. ha ha...ironic...no doubt...6...get it? ha ha...lol anyways from listening to that guy above ^^ I am a 6 sp dom definately...I relate most to the "warm" type ha ha

    I still would have no idea where to start with other people though...like with what tool i could use to type other peoples' enneagrams or stackings...I get 7's and 1's easily...and 2's and 4's mostly, but 3,5,6,8,and 9...not so good and then add the sp/so/sx dom to it ...it seems to get complicated...seems like a lot of memorizing the descriptions when you add everything together...I guess it must take practice?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  2. #42
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    How about ocean moonshine? I listed that for its detail and broad approach (lol contradiction). Narajo's descriptions cater to the extremes of each stacking and thus more narrow. It's best to just understand the general theme of each type. Here's a vid that goes well with the notes, it's the part where he talks about type 6 but the other vid parts are available:

    Hey I just listened to all of these yesterday (for all of the types) and they rocked my world. Made me realize I am an so/sp not the sx/so I was thinking. In all of my instinct searches I kept thinking that when I got the answer it should feel more nauseating than like ego stroking and this for sure did the job. Now I feel like my ego defenses have been set aside and I can see the unproductive image I've been hiding behind/ the self-sabotaging loop I've been living. Makes sense, considering Naranjo's book is the only one that made me feel that way as well.

    Oh, and I made up some statements that kind of get the essence for each type, I'm hoping at least. Here they are:

    One
    sexual: You are wrong and I'll fix you.
    social: I am right and require no fixing.
    self preservation: I am wrong, everything's wrong. I have to fix it.

    Two
    sexual: My allure will get me love and what I want.
    social: The world needs me.
    self preservation: I'm just a kid at heart and that makes me lovable.

    Three
    sexual: Let me be whomever you want.
    social: I will do what it takes to get to the top.
    self preservation: I'm not vain; look at what a good, hard working person I am!

    Four
    sexual: I suffer, you suffer.
    social: I am a suffering, shameful failure.
    self preservation: What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

    Five
    sexual: I'm saving all my love for a perfect person who doesn't exist.
    social: Everything is meaningless except ultimate meaning.
    self-preservation: No one gets past my fortress.

    Six
    sexual: I'll look scary so no one sees how scared I am.
    social: Rules, regulations, and order keep us safe.
    self-preservation: I'll look harmless and make friends so no one wants to hurt me.

    Seven
    sexual: My rose colored glasses guarantee it's all good.
    social: I love my neighbor more than myself because I don't want to look like a greedy pig.
    self preservation: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

    Eight
    sexual: I'm a rebel without a cause.
    social: You mess with my people, I'll destroy you.
    self preservation: I have to have it.

    Nine
    sexual: My needs are your needs.
    social: I'll do whatever you want me to do to be part of the group.
    self preservation: What more is there to life besides the simple pleasures?

  3. #43
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

    Six
    self-preservation: I'll look harmless and make friends so no one wants to hurt me.
    For me this applies quite well. It's partly that, and partly "I'm NOT just harmless and bland...don't just think I'm nice all the time...notice me!!" Which kind of works for sp/sx, I'd say.

    The "notice me!" stuff is a bit more of an internal longing, while I tend to continue looking nice and cordial on the outside. But while a mainly phobic 6, I think the need to be noticed and make connections can also manifest in an occasional counterphobic lashing out/ceasing to care what others think.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  4. #44
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hey I just listened to all of these yesterday (for all of the types) and they rocked my world. Made me realize I am an so/sp not the sx/so I was thinking. In all of my instinct searches I kept thinking that when I got the answer it should feel more nauseating than like ego stroking and this for sure did the job. Now I feel like my ego defenses have been set aside and I can see the unproductive image I've been hiding behind/ the self-sabotaging loop I've been living. Makes sense, considering Naranjo's book is the only one that made me feel that way as well.

    Oh, and I made up some statements that kind of get the essence for each type, I'm hoping at least. Here they are:

    One
    sexual: You are wrong and I'll fix you.
    social: I am right and require no fixing.
    self preservation: I am wrong, everything's wrong. I have to fix it.

    Two
    sexual: My allure will get me love and what I want.
    social: The world needs me.
    self preservation: I'm just a kid at heart and that makes me lovable.

    Three
    sexual: Let me be whomever you want.
    social: I will do what it takes to get to the top.
    self preservation: I'm not vain; look at what a good, hard working person I am!

    Four
    sexual: I suffer, you suffer.
    social: I am a suffering, shameful failure.
    self preservation: What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

    Five
    sexual: I'm saving all my love for a perfect person who doesn't exist.
    social: Everything is meaningless except ultimate meaning.
    self-preservation: No one gets past my fortress.

    Six
    sexual: I'll look scary so no one sees how scared I am.
    social: Rules, regulations, and order keep us safe.
    self-preservation: I'll look harmless and make friends so no one wants to hurt me.

    Seven
    sexual: My rose colored glasses guarantee it's all good.
    social: I love my neighbor more than myself because I don't want to look like a greedy pig.
    self preservation: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

    Eight
    sexual: I'm a rebel without a cause.
    social: You mess with my people, I'll destroy you.
    self preservation: I have to have it.

    Nine
    sexual: My needs are your needs.
    social: I'll do whatever you want me to do to be part of the group.
    self preservation: What more is there to life besides the simple pleasures?
    I agree 100% with the videos being pretty awesome. I haven't listened to all of them yet, but having listened to most of two, looks like your summation of the instinctual 'essence' of 4's, 5's, and 6's is pretty decent. (btw I think Naranjo is awesome, now.. I really like his personality)

    Regarding all of your summations, I actually relate very much to 4 sp (this is very much how I have viewed elements of my past / how I view hardships: I grit my teeth through it and have this sort of mantra), and 5 sx (this hits somewhat close to home....), and 5 sp to a somewhat lesser/equal degree. So, I think my current 5w4 sp/sx is a pretty reasonable typing for myself.

    Also, what I truly appreciate about these videos and the content is that they aren't filled with all of the watered-down, stereotypical (or just plain wrong) garbage (particularly in terms of the instincts) that I tend to see on this forum w/ regards to enneagram.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  5. #45
    Member Savitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    88

    Default

    @Inari Love and @brainheart Glad it helped.

    Inari, I think it does come with practice specifically pinpointing at an individual's delusion(s) of (their) reality. Personally, I find it hard to type oneself already and that typing others will prove to be even more difficult. But, I know there's a movie video guide somewhere and it could be used as a means of practice. For instance the movie Wit is a good example of a Social type 1. I'll link it to you if I come across it again.

    Brainheart, looks like a good list. I can only vouch for social type 1s. I would say, I am perfect .

    I think Naranjo is a must read for people to really understand the types or at least have a varied perspective of enneagram. I'd also recommend Maitri to warm up to Naranjo's text style. Riso/Hudson and online descriptions usually type me an 8w7 or 3w4. Others seem to suggest I come off 5w6 or 3w4 or 6w5 on posts. Lol it's really interesting to observe this but I blame it on my social first since I am indeed interested in group dynamics, how I affect a community, it affects me, and what the effects are of the group on the environment. It is not just about social standing.

    When I found out my type through those books I basically laughed and thought, "The type I detest is me." Quite the irony of the year. lol
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

  6. #46
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post

    When I found out my type through those books I basically laughed and thought, "The type I detest is me." Quite the irony of the year. lol
    Ugh I feel like this as well...I keep going back and forth between 1 and 6, I hate 1's irl...and I started thinking maybe it's because I unconciously overcompensating and suppressing those "faults" or thouse things I don't like in other 1's...but then when I just read the description of 6 on the moonshine page...It explains my anxiety...and how I stuggle with the ambiguity of power...so I'm still lost lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  7. #47
    Member Savitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Ugh I feel like this as well...I keep going back and forth between 1 and 6, I hate 1's irl...and I started thinking maybe it's because I unconciously overcompensating and suppressing those "faults" or thouse things I don't like in other 1's...but then when I just read the description of 6 on the moonshine page...It explains my anxiety...and how I stuggle with the ambiguity of power...so I'm still lost lol.

    Lol 1 and 6 are superego types so that's probably why you're undecided between the two. Read these two books if you can't settle:

    http://www.amazon.com/Character-Neur...laudio+naranjo

    http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Dime...=sandra+maitri

    Oceanmoonshine's article, though pretty good, would still type me an 8. Although I think people are simple, their idea of themselves are complex. The reason why Naranjo and Maitri worked for me is because it went back to my childhood, how I was nurtured and how that nurturing created a barrier to my Self. It only took like 15 minutes of reading Maitri to make me look at type 1 again, a second read because I was in disbelief made me pay close attention to type 1. Moved on to Naranjo and BAM I was laughing at how foolish I was to have missed it then angry because I was what I hated.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

  8. #48
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    @Savitri thanks! I will have to take a look at those books
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  9. #49
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    If someone kills themselves because they lost their lover, kills their lover because they left them, or kills the person that they lost their lover to....then they are probably an SX dom. I'm not saying that all SX doms do, this. In fact VERY few of them do, but if someone does any of these things in the name of love, then I assume that they are an SX dom.

  10. #50
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    Brainheart, looks like a good list. I can only vouch for social type 1s. I would say, I am perfect .

    I think Naranjo is a must read for people to really understand the types or at least have a varied perspective of enneagram. I'd also recommend Maitri to warm up to Naranjo's text style. Riso/Hudson and online descriptions usually type me an 8w7 or 3w4. Others seem to suggest I come off 5w6 or 3w4 or 6w5 on posts. Lol it's really interesting to observe this but I blame it on my social first since I am indeed interested in group dynamics, how I affect a community, it affects me, and what the effects are of the group on the environment. It is not just about social standing.
    Hey, thanks.

    Regarding the e1 instincts, Naranjo actually put it as Sexual is the perfecter, self pres is the perfectionist, and social is perfect, which I think is a nice, succinct way to say it. Maybe I should change the ones to-

    social: I am perfect and require no fixing.
    sexual: You are wrong and I will perfect you.
    self pres: I'm wrong, everything's wrong, I must perfect it.

    But for some reason that sounds awkward to me. You're the one, what do you think?

    As far as films go, I like thinking of characters that exemplify type, too. Natalie Portman's character in Black Swan, for example, strikes me as very much a self pres one.

    ...When I found out my type through those books I basically laughed and thought, "The type I detest is me." Quite the irony of the year.
    That's exactly how I felt about the social four when listening to Naranjo. All the other instincts for four have always seemed better to me. Social four's operate in this self-defeating loop of seeing themselves as less than others, so it makes sense I would envy the fours with the 'better' instincts, ha ha. When I realized this, I was like... Oh God, I'm the pathetic four... But it's really cool to know, because now I know what to look for in my thoughts and actions and what I should be working on to get out of it. Because I'm tired of being pathetic.

    Oh, and I'd like to add that I may be a so/sp but I have become love obsessed before, I totally get crushes on people, and I am perceived by a fair number of people as sexy . That's not what the instincts are about.

Similar Threads

  1. What's the best way to type people?
    By Merced in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-21-2017, 05:53 PM
  2. [SJ] How did you come to type yourself as an SJ?
    By agentwashington in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 10:47 AM
  3. [NF] whats a good way to tell if someone is an enfj or infj?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  4. [INFP] What are some good ways to cheer INFPs up?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
  5. What's a good way to prepare Eggplant?
    By Oberon in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO