User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Sx's who are Introverts

Isn't this kind of a contradictory combo?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    uh... how so?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    uh... how so?
    Introverts recharge by being alone and Sx doms have an intense drive for intimacy. Seems contradictory to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't think so at all. From http://www.enneagram.net/sexual.html. Parts of it actually sound very introverted to me. Reading this makes me a bit uncomfortable actually.

The "sexual" Instinctual Subtypes are driven by the ongoing search for intimacy and one-to-one relationships. The focus of attention is on "the beloved" and "our intimate world." The primary desire is for a mate, which is manifested by an imbalanced perceived need for wholeness, affinity, and closeness in a continual search for "the other half."

The concerns of the sexual Instinctual Subtypes involve issues of intimacy - for example, "to be intimate or not to be intimate" or "how to be intimate." The survival strategy is abstinence or promiscuity. The common theme statements reflect an inclination to define oneself in terms of the mate and the relationship, such as "what am I?", with this Instinctual Subtype being defined by "how comfortably and successfully I experience my relationship" - i.e., issues dealing with "how am I perceived by my intimate partner?"

The energy projected is described as "high energy" and is often experienced as "intense" and laser-like, appearing to be intently focused, and is usually playful and light, yet penetrating in nature. There is a sense of energy and vibration, the search for the mate, the need to display their strength and beauty, like the peacock showing its feathers or, in some manner, acting out the mating ritual or dance.

The sexual Instinctual Subtypes will "sacrifice for the relationship" to insure connection. Rather than looking inward or to the group for security to "solve the problem," these types tend to "look to the mate," based upon a belief that "I cannot be whole unless I find my other half."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

@highlander , Why does that make you uncomfortable?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Introverts recharge by being alone and Sx doms have an intense drive for intimacy. Seems contradictory to me.
    But if someone is focused on depth of one on one interaction and intimacy, isn't that normally associated more with Introverts than Extraverts?

@highlander , Why does that make you uncomfortable?
    Because I see myself in that description.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But if someone is focused on depth of one on one interaction and intimacy, isn't that normally associated more with Introverts than Extraverts?

I read this about Sx:

They enjoy being intensely involved—even merged—with others, and can become disenchanted with partners who are unable to meet their need for intense energetic union. Losing yourself in a "fusion" of being is the ideal here, and Sexual types are always looking for this state with others and with stimulating objects in their world.
    That was just confusing to me when I think about introverts.

WALMART

No. Imagine someone who sits, moderately alone, outside the bounds of society, longing for something to wander outside with them.

/drunk
    Likes cm81 liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think it would be helpful to think of introverted sx's as looking at their (current or future) relationship as an intrinsic part of themselves, and thus, while they may still need time alone to recharge, they also really want to spend quality time with their (current or future) significant other. I would also not be surprised if introverted sx's tended to be less on the promiscuous side of the spectrum (since they probably don't feel the need to go out as much), and tended to be more on the one-on-one committed relationship side of things (obligatory PC note: which, of course, is not to say that extroverted sx's are a bunch of promiscuous hussies/man whores incapable of being in committed long-term relationships).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think it would be helpful to think of introverted sx's as looking at their (current or future) relationship as an intrinsic part of themselves, and thus, while they may still need time alone to recharge, they also really want to spend quality time with their (current or future) significant other. I would also not be surprised if introverted sx's tended to be less on the promiscuous side of the spectrum (since they probably don't feel the need to go out as much), and tended to be more on the one-on-one committed relationship side of things (obligatory note: which, of course, is not at all to say that extroverted sx's are all promiscuous hussies/man whores incapable of being in committed long-term relationships).
    I agree completely with those comments.

Tri-type 639