User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think what would be helpful is to think of the introverted sx's as looking at their (real or potential) relationship as a big part of themselves, and thus, while they may also need alone time to recharge, they also really want to spend quality time with their (current or future) significant other, because their identity is so intrinsically tied to that person.
    That makes sense. So it's like ... intense intimacy, then alone time, then intense intimacy, then alone time, etc. etc.? Sounds like a hamster running on the wheel, then sleeping in the corner, than awake and back to running on the wheel again, lol

I would also not be surprised if introverted sx's tend to be less on the promiscuous side of the spectrum (since they probably don't feel the need to go out as much), and are more on the one-on-one committed relationship side of things.
    I searched on google and I read these descriptions. Somewhere in there is said all 3 like one-on-one relationships.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...explained.html

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This is an interesting site:

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80

It provides descriptions for instinctual subtype orderings for each of the enneagram types.

Like for a 9, here:

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=90:80

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Introverts recharge by being alone and Sx doms have an intense drive for intimacy. Seems contradictory to me.
    It is. But the pull toward someone comes from really enjoying that moment and going with it, there is a curiosity to figure that person out. It can be platonic or romantic. Sometimes even a platonic connection sends the wrong signals. Anyway its followed by their reciprocation. This usually pushes me away, sometimes momentarily, but if they come back super strong and super fast it pushes me away for good.

It's important for the other party to play it very cool. I can be the hamster on the wheel but they should be the slow drip water feeder. Lol!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Ginkgo

A need for intimacy is very personal, and personal matters are emotional and quite subjective. Since they are subjective, they may easily occupy the mind of an introvert.

If an extravert comfortably fits in a social setting or a setting of intimacy, that extravert wouldn't necessarily have the compulsion for intimacy since the psychological need has already been fulfilled.

"sx" inherently comes with a sort of dissatisfaction with the intimate life; if one feels that they want intimacy that's already been given, it's a bit like he/she has been disillusioned with the one-on-one relationship. (Sounds very introverted and bottled-up, no?)

My point is that "sx" fits just as easily for an introvert as it does for an extravert.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    It is. But the pull toward someone comes from really enjoying that moment and going with it, there is a curiosity to figure that person out. It can be platonic or romantic. Sometimes even a platonic connection sends the wrong signals. Anyway its followed by their reciprocation. This usually pushes me away, sometimes momentarily, but if they come back super strong and super fast it pushes me away for good.

It's important for the other party to play it very cool. I can be the hamster on the wheel but they should be the slow drip water feeder. Lol!
    That would be an Sp maybe? I don't know.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    A need for intimacy is very personal, and personal matters are emotional and quite subjective. Since they are subjective, they may easily occupy the mind of an introvert.
    That's true.

If an extravert comfortably fits in a social setting or a setting of intimacy, that extravert wouldn't necessarily have the compulsion for intimacy since the psychological need has already been fulfilled.
    This almost makes it sound like Sx = extroversion

"sx" inherently comes with a sort of dissatisfaction with the intimate life; if one feels that they want intimacy that's already been given, it's a bit like he/she has been disillusioned with the one-on-one relationship. (Sounds very introverted and bottled-up, no?)
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why would one want intimacy that's already been given?

Ginkgo

This almost makes it sound like Sx = extroversion
    If sx is the need for intimacy, but the extravert feels no need on the basis that he/she is comfortable with what he/she has and doesn't need that sense of "wholeness", then the extravert isn't really typical of the "sx" traits. He/she would be an sp or so.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Why would one want intimacy that's already been given?
    Intimacy is expressed in a number of ways, only a few of which are included in Love Languages. This being the case, one who isn't fluent in another's form of communication won't always be receptive to displays of affection from another, though the affection itself is very real. Consequentially, if both parties want to recognize displays of affection but don't know how, then the need for affection will still be felt.

I also relate sx energy to "flow" of an activity, in addition to an intense connection to another person. You can be passionately involved in painting, playing a sport, horseback riding, working. You are "at one" with what you are doing, you fully immerse yourself. Every move feels so natural, like you were just born to do it. You have so much energy to pour into what you are doing.

I am sp/sx though, so perhaps that isn't even sx, just something everyone does.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I also relate sx energy to "flow" of an activity, in addition to an intense connection to another person. You can be passionately involved in painting, playing a sport, horseback riding, working. You are "at one" with what you are doing, you fully immerse yourself. Every move feels so natural, like you were just born to do it. You have so much energy to pour into what you are doing.

I am sp/sx though, so perhaps that isn't even sx, just something everyone does.
    This is on the right track. A lot of my sx is espressed when starting something new, it could be a new relationship, but it could be a project or an interest. I want to merge into it, become it, get lost in it. That impulse doesn't require Extroversion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That makes sense. So it's like ... intense intimacy, then alone time, then intense intimacy, then alone time, etc. etc.? Sounds like a hamster running on the wheel, then sleeping in the corner, than awake and back to running on the wheel again, lol

I searched on google and I read these descriptions. Somewhere in there is said all 3 like one-on-one relationships.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...explained.html
    If you feel merged tho do you still require very much alone time? I mean the feeling is that you're complete in each others presence right? Alone as a whole?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison