• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instincts and faces

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i found this article of mergings of different instincts - link to pictures

do you think that it is possible to identify someone's instincts by the way they look?
it looks to me like sp first pictures have some kind of density to them while sp-last look very open

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's awesome! I definitely think I look more sx/sp

Permabanned
This looks cool. My facial expression is likely to be influenced by my mood, so I'm unsure of how to gauge it/compare myself to the examples given. Think it needs some automated tool to do that, like that celebrity web-site. :thinking:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My sx and sp are pretty much balanced, so I'm kind of a blend of the sp/sx and sx/sp faces, and all the descriptions. Annoying.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there's a thread around here somewhere with member pics and their stackings ??

I think it's totally bizarre that you can tell by looking at someone! I mean what kind of crazy voodoo is that!? But you totally can I think!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoa I used to have that same jack kerouac quote in my sig! That's a trip kinda... Isn't it?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm strong sx, with sp and so pretty much exactly equal, both moderate. Interesting there isn't a description for that. Either I've made a mistake, or I'm outside the box again. Anyway, I do look like a combination of sx/sp and sx/so. I'm thinking I look a little more like sx/sp, so maybe that one is slightly stronger. But I relate to the descriptions equally.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen that link, it seems that:

- so firsts have wide and friendly eyes
- sp firsts have alert eyes
- sx firsts have smoldering eyes.

Depending on the second instinct the intensity of what I have mentioned above changes. Like sx/so have smoldering eyes but softened by the social friendliness or whatever. If it makes sense.

B

brainheart

Makes total sense to me, and seems to be validated by my life experience. You're going to send messages via your face as to how accessible or attractive you want to be, whether you're concerned or not, etc. Of course it's going to change depending on the circumstances, but overall.... For example, my so/sx husband typically looks pleasant, fun/energetic, and approachable while I typically look like I'm intensely zeroing in on someone or something, kind of trying to pull in or devour with my eyes.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whoa I used to have that same jack kerouac quote in my sig! That's a trip kinda... Isn't it?

That is! I guess ENFP sx/sp's have good taste in sigs :wink:

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I've seen that link, it seems that:

- so firsts have wide and friendly eyes
- sp firsts have alert eyes
- sx firsts have smoldering eyes.

Depending on the second instinct the intensity of what I have mentioned above changes. Like sx/so have smoldering eyes but softened by the social friendliness or whatever. If it makes sense.

Your inference skills are brilliant; I need to find a picture of my eyes in a neutral state to see if this is true. :)

Couldn't find any totally neutral but here's what I found:

http://goo.gl/iE60P
http://puu.sh/12clW

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i know a lady named [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]. she is sx/sp and has the look. it may have some merits.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sx/sp look

nvm now i think sx/so

Last edited:

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Makes total sense to me, and seems to be validated by my life experience. You're going to send messages via your face as to how accessible or attractive you want to be, whether you're concerned or not, etc.
typology justified shallowness

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It may seem to be a general trend, but not everyone has exaggerated/apparent expressions like in these photos that are indicators of their instinctual variants. Some people's faces may have more subtle looks in comparison to what's been computer generated here. It's useful for quickly typing someone, fun to think of, but I'm hesitant to say that this is completely true. Would need more research done on it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This whole thing of making up descriptions based on the sx/sp/so system (which is a theory in itself, rather than anything actually shown to exist empirically/quantitavely) is like building theory upon another theory, increasing the odds geometrically that the result is just complete fabrication.

And then adding visual pictures onto it? I think in a particular culture that appearance for SOME Mbti types can become a bit cliche, but not for all types; and this trying to guess variant from a still photo seems to be an exercise in subjectivity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the whole idea that you can see such things in someone's eyes is amazing... I mean just knowing what it looks like and recognizing it.. It's some serious crazy alien shit man! Haha like the fact that we know what certain dog barks mean or certain baby cries... Body language and facial expressions... It's just the coolest thing.